Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward Should STFU!!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Hines Ward Should STFU!!!!!

You get article like this....

Steelers defend Roethlisberger's right 'to make right'

[url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10115/1053201-66.stm"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10115/1053201-66.stm[/url]

...of how the Steelers are standing behind Ben and giving him the chance to make this right...and then Hines comes out and speaks to the media about how this has caused uncertainty.

I dont know maybe it's just me....I as a teammate would feel betrayed. And I would feel as if this is not in the best interests of moving forward.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

"Safety Troy Polamalu declined to answer when asked if Roethlisberger let his teammates down by getting into trouble. However, Polamalu also predicted that the quarterback's comeback will be successful."

Now I see a difference here. A teammate who doesnt see what's in the best interests of the team and another who does.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

HeHateMe

It's funny how HINES is criticized when BEN is the one who let the whole Steeler Nation down. Hines DOES his job. Ben is suspended because he was SELFISH and wasnt thinking about the team 1st. NOW you want Hines to be a team player? Hines is present at mini camp DOING HIS JOB. Whereas BEN is suspended. So I ask you, WHO is the better teammate?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rubbish.

Hines is being a leader now (always has been--of course those complain of when he complained about money, etc, but that's business and competitiveness, good for him).

I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    You get article like this....

Steelers defend Roethlisberger's right 'to make right'

[url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10115/1053201-66.stm"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10115/1053201-66.stm[/url]

...of how the Steelers are standing behind Ben and giving him the chance to make this right...and then Hines comes out and speaks to the media about how this has caused uncertainty.

I dont know maybe it's just me....I as a teammate would feel betrayed. And I would feel as if this is not in the best interests of moving forward.
    There is some uncertainty about the short term future at the position of QB. Might be long term repercussions.

Should Hines and the rest of the team feel betrayed because of Ben's actions? It is not a one sided affair. Do you feel betrayed by Ben's actions and the fact that he won't be around? Players and fans get heckled as a result of Ben's actions. Players will have to answer tough questions about Ben on a weekly basis.

Look, this thing is going to be with us. It won't be going away any time soon. It is what it is. No one to blame but Ben.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    "To Ward, it's also creating considerable uncertainty."

I just dont think this should be said outside of the locker room. If the Steelers want what is best for the team they dont need players going to the media and making comments like this. The media is on a witch hunt and for a teammate to make comments like this is not in the best interests of the team. Hines has done this with Ben several times in the past and it just isnt in the best interests of the team.
    That first comment is where you are dead-on D. In my opinion, Ward has every right to speak out about Roethlisberger when he's asked a question about the situation...I appreciate his honesty. I'm pretty sure he didn't call a press conference to announce his feelings or otherwise offer them unsolicited.

But for him to come out and say that it's causing uncertainty in the locker room is flat-out ridiculous. Maybe he's trying to create an "us against the world" mentality but I think that publically showing signs of weakness is the absolute wrong way to do it.

In this regard STFU!!!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    I really don't see what the big deal is.... I read it twice, thinking I must have 'missed' something. Hines has always spoken his mind, but even in this instance he's not bashing Ben nearly as much as the media has. He said Ben should have no trouble once he returns in October regaining his teammates confidence.

What exactly am I suppose to be upset over?????

I did the exact same thing.
    For the record, this is causing uncertainty among the team, and that's not some hidden thing (that needs to be "kept in the lockerroom".) This is like trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe Hines isn't one to lie to the media about how he feels. I see nothing wrong with Hines comments. I think it's asking a lot for the players to back Ben and lie about their true feelings AGAIN.... Troy didn't comment on the locker room situation but he also didn't lie and say things are going to be great.

You guys keep blaming everyone for anything they do that doesn't show total support and forgiveness for Ben. I can see the frustration with post on here but the players who talk are giving the inside scoop and I don't expect it to be all hugs and kisses.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Starter

User Info Menu

Every player should follow Troy's example.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe Hines isn't one to lie to the media about how he feels. I see nothing wrong with Hines comments. I think it's asking a lot for the players to back Ben and lie about their true feelings AGAIN.... Troy didn't comment on the locker room situation but he also didn't lie and say things are going to be great.

You guys keep blaming everyone for anything they do that doesn't show total support and forgiveness for Ben. I can see the frustration with post on here but the players who talk are giving the inside scoop and I don't expect it to be all hugs and kisses.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"