Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward Should STFU!!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hines Ward Should STFU!!!!!

PITTSBURGH -- Wide receiver Hines Ward says quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's six-game suspension is disappointing but justified and threatens to leave the Pittsburgh Steelers in a precarious position when the season begins.
    AFC North blog

Ward, a Steelers offensive co-captain along with Roethlisberger, doesn't think the quarterback will have any trouble regaining his teammates' confidence and respect once he returns in October. Roethlisberger was suspended last week for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy.

However, Ward said being without one of the NFL's proven big-game quarterbacks -- even if it's for only a quarter of the season -- is playing on many of his teammates' minds. To Ward, it's also creating considerable uncertainty.

Ward made the remarks Friday as the Steelers began their three-day minicamp, their only mandatory workouts until training camp begins.

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5151957"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5151957[/url]

And what is it called when a teammate goes through the media to talk about something that should stay within the locker room???

He is a great player and one of my favorites on the Steelers of all time but as a teammate he sucks. If I were on that team and he continued to go public about me I'd get all off into his behind. He wouldn't say too many things about me again....believe that.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Hines Ward Should STFU!!!!!

I wish you would STFU!!!!!!!!! (is STFU in the bible?)

Ben might get more of this so be prepared.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser
    I wish you would STFU!!!!!!!!! (is STFU in the bible?)

Ben might get more of this so be prepared.
    My friend I was born a sinner and will fall short every day for as long as I live. Being a Christian doesnt not mean living with out sin or being perfect. If that were the case Christ would have never had to go to the cross. I know I let my emotions get the best of me at times and am more talk than anything...but you are right...I should check myself and not take that approach with anyone. Sorry.

As far as Hines is concernedeI know this going continue to happen but you would think a teammate wouldnt add fuel to the fire that the media is cooking up.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

These guys need to stay united. It does no good whatsoever to make any comments like that. Nothing good can come of it.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Ward didn't say what's on his mind, how would we know what's going on?

I prefer honesty over canned answers.

Hines is fine by me.

It's mostly positive.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Maybe I should have read it! I figured it must have been negative or controversial.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I really don't see what the big deal is.... I read it twice, thinking I must have 'missed' something. Hines has always spoken his mind, but even in this instance he's not bashing Ben nearly as much as the media has. He said Ben should have no trouble once he returns in October regaining his teammates confidence.

What exactly am I suppose to be upset over?????

Legend

User Info Menu

What did Hines say that was so bad?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

"To Ward, it's also creating considerable uncertainty."

I just dont think this should be said outside of the locker room. If the Steelers want what is best for the team they dont need players going to the media and making comments like this. The media is on a witch hunt and for a teammate to make comments like this is not in the best interests of the team. Hines has done this with Ben several times in the past and it just isnt in the best interests of the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

The way I read that was there's uncertainty over who's going to play QB now that Ben is out. I didn't read it as a slight to Ben.