Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward Should STFU!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Hines Ward Should STFU!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    What's done is done. You can be mad at Ben all you want, but the point is that the team is trying to move FORWARD.

Hines making a statement that the suspension is justified is a step BACKWARD.

It's really quite simple although I'm not shocked that there are a few who can't grasp that very simple idea.
    Making that statement was not moving backwards. It was only his opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

His teammates and fans will have to deal with the consequences of Ben's actions. At least, until the end of this up coming season or another big story trumps Ben's. It will take some time. That is what you should realize.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

so what did hines say that is so bad? i dont think this is a big deal at all. hines is brutally honest at times and there is nothing wrong with that. if ben was more like hines we all would be better off

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is the dumbest thread I've seen on this board. He didn't say anything wrong.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser
    I wish you would STFU!!!!!!!!! (is STFU in the bible?)

Ben might get more of this so be prepared.
    Thank You!
    Whoever it is who started this ridiculous thread needs to get a grip and grow the F' up. Hines is not your problem, sweetie....... Hines stays out of trouble, is a respected team leader and doesn't bring shame on the organization that feeds him. Too bad Ben is not
    %10 of the man Hines Ward is because if he was he wouldn't be in this predicament.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I didn't think Hines said anything that wasn't what everyone is thinking. I'm glad he said it because these players need to be reminded once in a while, " your supposed to be there for the team. "

Troys comment about Brady made me want to puke. How the heck is Brady a good example ? The pricks a cheat, unproffesional as can be when things don't go his way, knocks some chick up and turns around and gets married to another.

Legend

User Info Menu

What's done is done. You can be mad at Ben all you want, but the point is that the team is trying to move FORWARD.

It's really quite simple although I'm not shocked that there are a few who can't grasp that very simple idea.

I'm not shocked you don't get it... the Rooney's, FO and Ben all say the suspension is justified because they are doing damage control and agreeing with Goodell puts the issue to rest much faster then fighting it or saying no comment.

You don't like the answer so you think it's wrong. Everyone else gets it but you....

Then again, you are also cheering AGAINST the Steelers while Ben is out so I'm not surprised you are alone on this one.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL

Making that statement was not moving backwards. It was only his opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

His teammates and fans will have to deal with the consequences of Ben's actions. At least, until the end of this up coming season or another big story trumps Ben's. It will take some time. That is what you should realize.
    It absolutely, positively, 100% is a step backwards. The proper way to handle this in the press is to say "no comment" to the suspension (like Troy did), say we'll welcome him when he comes back and in the meantime we have confidence in the guys we have here. Hines did one of those three things right.

But a player, well after the fact, making a statement about the suspension being justified only adds fuel to the media's fire.

The suspension has been handed down. There's been a team statement about it and Ben said he's going to comply with it. In order to move forward as a team it is time for players to stop talking about it. And I sure as hell hope the team tells the players to STFU on this topic.

I love Hines Ward as a player and he's one of the all-time great Steelers. No doubt about that. Hate him in front of the mic though. He needs some serious lessons in PR and media relations.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I don't blame Hines for speaking his mind...

I blame Ben for giving Hines a reason to opine...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Frankly, this is a who cares article and comment from Ward. Why is this news? Everyone on the planets already knew this was what Ward was thinking. And it wasn't derogatory either. It is what it is. Ward's just saying that he is disappointed, but we'll get through it. Its short, clean and media useless. Nothing to be garnered by this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Go Hines!!!

Go Ben!!!

but mostly

GO STEELERS!!!
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!