Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward Should STFU!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Hines Ward Should STFU!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Every player should follow Troy's example.
    Ufortunately, we don't have 53 Troy's on our team...

I think Hines approach is similar to his blocking style.

I wish every player followed Troy's example in the off season.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

HeHateMe

Screw Ben. HE is the one who messed up. Steeler players are suppoed ot cover his *ss? PFFFFFFFT. Part of being a leader is doing just that..leading. How do you think Troy REALLY feels about Ben? Troy is a RELIGIOUS man who walks the walk. My beef is with BEN and not with his teammates who are tired of his crap. If this was Tone you guys CERTAINLY wouldnt have a problem with Ben speaking out against his 2nd allegation. SHEER HYPOCRISY

Legend

User Info Menu

Stop Harshing on HINES!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    You get article like this....

Steelers defend Roethlisberger's right 'to make right'

[url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10115/1053201-66.stm"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10115/1053201-66.stm[/url]

...of how the Steelers are standing behind Ben and giving him the chance to make this right...and then Hines comes out and speaks to the media about how this has caused uncertainty.

I dont know maybe it's just me....I as a teammate would feel betrayed. And I would feel as if this is not in the best interests of moving forward.
    So Hines should shut up when it was Ben who betrayed the team with his actions??? Boy, you have some twisted logic. Hines is saying what needs to be said by a team leader. The fact is, by Ben's actions, the Steelers chances at post-season play is greatly diminished. How disappointing would it be knowing your team is greatly handicapped before you even start the season? No problem with what Hines is saying.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by "SS Laser":3n01yqsw
    I wish you would STFU!!!!!!!!! (is STFU in the bible?)

Ben might get more of this so be prepared.
    My friend I was born a sinner and will fall short every day for as long as I live. Being a Christian doesnt not mean living with out sin or being perfect. If that were the case Christ would have never had to go to the cross. I know I let my emotions get the best of me at times and am more talk than anything...but you are right...I should check myself and not take that approach with anyone. Sorry.

As far as Hines is concernedeI know this going continue to happen but you would think a teammate wouldnt add fuel to the fire that the media is cooking up.[/quote:3n01yqsw]Hines was one of the few that came out and said he supported him.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast

[url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10115/1053201-66.stm"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10115/1053201-66.stm[/url]

...of how the Steelers are standing behind Ben and giving him the chance to make this right...and then Hines comes out and speaks to the media about how this has caused uncertainty.

I dont know maybe it's just me....I as a teammate would feel betrayed. And I would feel as if this is not in the best interests of moving forward.
    So Hines should shut up when it was Ben who betrayed the team with his actions??? Boy, you have some twisted logic. Hines is saying what needs to be said by a team leader. The fact is, by Ben's actions, the Steelers chances at post-season play is greatly diminished. How disappointing would it be knowing your team is greatly handicapped before you even start the season? No problem with what Hines is saying.
    Saying it in the locker room or in a team meeting is one thing.

Saying it to the press is another.

The longer this kind of thing goes on in the press the longer it continues to affect the team by way of team unity in moving on.

Be a man like Joey Porter, say it face to face and then shut your trap when it comes to the press.

Players are going to be asked about Ben. The Rooneys are behind Ben and have made the decision (the correct decision I might add) to keep him on the team. What the players need to ask themselves (as Troy obviously did) is, "Is what I'm about to say to the press in the best interest of helping us move past this?" If the answer is "yes" then proceed. If the answer is "no" or if there is any doubt then zip it.

Troy gets it. Hines does not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe Ben should think like Troy in the off season... will this hurt my team or myself? Will the media run with this if it gets out? Hmmm... If yes then he should sut his yap, zipper and bar tab and go home.

Troy and Hines get it my friend... You do not. Hines has2 years left and Ben screwed up the first 4 to 6 games and instead of asking Hines about his legacy and upcoming season they ask him about Ben... again.

He gets it... Does Ben get it? That is the real question.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    It's funny how HINES is criticized when BEN is the one who let the whole Steeler Nation down. Hines DOES his job. Ben is suspended because he was SELFISH and wasnt thinking about the team 1st. NOW you want Hines to be a team player? Hines is present at mini camp DOING HIS JOB. Whereas BEN is suspended. So I ask you, WHO is the better teammate?

Ben puts the Steelers emblem on ESPN for wrecking his bike.
    Ben puts the Steelers emblem on ESPN for being sued for sexual assault.
    Ben puts the Steelers emblem on ESPN for being accused of sexual assault.
    Ben Puts the Steelers emblem on ESPN for getting shelved for 6 games.
    Hines is the bad guy for saying there is uncertainty with the current situation? Bullcrap.
    @_Hellgrammite

Starter

User Info Menu

What's done is done. You can be mad at Ben all you want, but the point is that the team is trying to move FORWARD.

Hines making a statement that the suspension is justified is a step BACKWARD.

It's really quite simple although I'm not shocked that there are a few who can't grasp that very simple idea.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast

Saying it in the locker room or in a team meeting is one thing.

Saying it to the press is another.

Therein lies another problem. Ben won't be in the locker room to hear it until training camp starts. Hines speaks his heart. It wasn't Hines who brought this unwanted attention.

I agree with feltdizz. The media isn't asking Hines about Hines or the season. They are asking about Ben. Hines will go down as one of Pittsburgh's great WRs. These last couple of years should be his moment to shine.