Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Ovechkin the Peyton Manning of the NHL?

Legend

User Info Menu

Is Ovechkin the Peyton Manning of the NHL?

Hahahahahahahaha

Part of me was hoping Philly and the Caps would beat the snot out of each other in round 2 of the playoffs, but I'm glad the Caps lost yesterday.

Ovechkin has had every series he's ever played in go to 7 games and he can't get over the hump in big games. He choked in the playoffs too.

Some people just don't have it.

I'm glad the Pens are more like the Steelers. Maybe the Pens can get the championships started in Pittsburgh this time with the Steelers to follow.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Is Ovechkin the Peyton Manning of the NHL?

Meanwhile, within the last 12 months, Crosby's Penguins eliminated Ovechkin's Capitals in a game 7 in Washington at this time last year, then Crosby's Penguins won the Stanley Cup in game 7 in Detroit, then Crosby won the gold medal for Canada with an OT goal while Ovechkin's Russian team failed to medal... :P

By the way, they just announced that Crosby, Ovechkin, and Henrik Sedin are finalists for the Hart Trophy.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Meanwhile, within the last 12 months, Crosby's Penguins eliminated Ovechkin's Capitals in a game 7 in Washington at this time last year, then Crosby's Penguins won the Stanley Cup in game 7 in Detroit, then Crosby won the gold medal for Canada with an OT goal while Ovechkin's Russian team failed to medal... :P

By the way, they just announced that Crosby, Ovechkin, and Henrik Sedin are finalists for the Hart Trophy.
    Crosby has to win it right?

Although his +/- sucks. But he comes up big when it counts.

I'm just glad he's started shooting more.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

crosby wont win it unfortunately, it will ovechkin, just because everyone is enamored by goals, and ovechkin had less of them but his image is that of a goal scorer, for some reason he is thought of as the best player in hockey yet crosby has been to the cup finals 2wice, and one a gold, while ovechkin has not even gotten his team to the conference finals......
    i loved it though, living here in annapolis, there were quite a few caps fans who let me know how great they were and now they have nothing but their boats

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    crosby wont win it unfortunately, it will ovechkin, just because everyone is enamored by goals, and ovechkin had less of them but his image is that of a goal scorer, for some reason he is thought of as the best player in hockey yet crosby has been to the cup finals 2wice, and one a gold, while ovechkin has not even gotten his team to the conference finals......
    i loved it though, living here in annapolis, there were quite a few caps fans who let me know how great they were and now they have nothing but their boats
    IMO, 51 goals and 58 assists during the regular season should be enough for Crosby to win the Hart. I know the playoffs are not factored in, but his 14 points against the Sens was sick!

It's hard to believe, with everything he's accomplished, he is only 22.

Legend

User Info Menu

Plus, figure that trigger-happy Ovechkin has 70 more shots on goal than Crosby, but finished with one less goal.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think Peyton Manning is the Ovechkin of the NFL.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Except Ovechkin is like 23 and has plenty of time left to grow up and win his cups. The Caps have a good owner in Ted Leonsis, he'll get his.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wait maybe Crosby is the NHL's Peyton Manning. Currently they each have won 1 trophy. Sid needs another one to grow out from there. Not sure why anyone would knock Peyton. He's dragged teams into the playoffs for years.

Maybe Ovie is the NHL's Jim Kelly, well he'd have to get to 4 Cup Finals first.
    How about Dan Marino? Well he made a Super Bowl, but we are getting warmer.