Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

[url="http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/26/cowher-says-roethlisberger-was-respected-by-team/"]http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/26/cowher- ... d-by-team/[/url]

There are varying reports that Ben Roethlisberger was not very popular with his teammates. Former Steelers coach Bill Cowher does not necessarily agree with that.

Cowher — who coached the enigmatic quarterback for three seasons — joined Boomer Esiason on WFAN in New York on Monday morning (via Sports Radio Interviews) and said that Roethlisberger was liked by his teammates. Of course, winning had a lot to do with it.

But his suspension could hurt that.

“You know what Boom, I think we like anybody that can help us win football games,” Cowher said. “I think there’s no question that this guy, on the football field is tremendously respected by his teammates and he’s respected by opponents. He’s a talent. The guy is an unbelievable competitor.

“He’s got a great feel for the game, but certainly with some of the things that have been brought on in the last couple of years, it kinda puts a damper on it. I think again, as you know, the bottom line is trying to win football games. …

“The one thing you want to make sure the players do is they don’t do anything to dampen your ability to win football games. What Ben has done is put himself in a situation where he’s gonna miss six games. Hopefully he’ll do the right thing and minimize that to four.”

Cowher added that he thought the suspension would be good for Roethlisberger and that this should be an eye-opener for the quarterback. And because of that, Cowher does not believe that Roethlisberger will be traded.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

ON the football field, but definitely not off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/26/cowher-says-roethlisberger-was-respected-by-team/

There are varying reports that Ben Roethlisberger was not very popular with his teammates. Former Steelers coach Bill Cowher does not necessarily agree with that.

Cowher — who coached the enigmatic quarterback for three seasons — joined Boomer Esiason on WFAN in New York on Monday morning (via Sports Radio Interviews) and said that Roethlisberger was liked by his teammates. Of course, winning had a lot to do with it.

But his suspension could hurt that.

“You know what Boom, I think we like anybody that can help us win football games,” Cowher said. “I think there’s no question that this guy, on the football field is tremendously respected by his teammates and he’s respected by opponents. He’s a talent. The guy is an unbelievable competitor.

“He’s got a great feel for the game, but certainly with some of the things that have been brought on in the last couple of years, it kinda puts a damper on it. I think again, as you know, the bottom line is trying to win football games. …

“The one thing you want to make sure the players do is they don’t do anything to dampen your ability to win football games. What Ben has done is put himself in a situation where he’s gonna miss six games. Hopefully he’ll do the right thing and minimize that to four.”

Cowher added that he thought the suspension would be good for Roethlisberger and that this should be an eye-opener for the quarterback. And because of that, Cowher does not believe that Roethlisberger will be traded.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

But Florio says it isn't true.

Asked by Esiason whether Roethlisberger is well liked in the Steelers' locker room, Cowher gave an answer that sounded a little uncomfortable and suggested that what the Steelers like about Roethlisberger is confined to what he does on Sundays.

"Uh, you know, I mean, you know what Boom, I think it's all," Cowher stammered at first, before continuing, "I think we like anybody that can help us win football games."
    [url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/26/cowher-approves-of-roethlisberger-suspension/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... uspension/[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If he isn't liked by the team or in the locker room, what could be the reasons ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    If he isn't liked by the team or in the locker room, what could be the reasons ?

Ben is an arrogant d*ck?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought he was just that way to waitresses, fans, children, reporters and basically the general public ? I thought at least he would be able to muster up enough humility to treat his team with some personality.

Legend

User Info Menu

I really could care less if he is an arrogant d*ck. What I don't want is him getting himself suspended, doing ish to get himself traded or bring negative attention on this team. It would be nice if our QB was a terrific, charismatic, and loveable teddy bear. But, he isn't. He is however an elite talent with 2 SB rings. I'll take that anyday over a Tim Tebow type that can't throw his way out of a wet paper sack.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I really could care less if he is an arrogant d*ck. What I don't want is him getting himself suspended, doing ish to get himself traded or bring negative attention on this team. It would be nice if our QB was a terrific, charismatic, and loveable teddy bear. But, he isn't. He is however an elite talent with 2 SB rings. I'll take that anyday over a Tim Tebow type that can't throw his way out of a wet paper sack.
    It is precisely his arrogant d*ck behavior which is getting him in questionable situations that bring negative attention to the team, getting himself suspended, and potentially getting himself traded. The league isn't suspending him because Goodell has some magical evidence that was unavailable to the Georgia D.A. which proves that Ben is some kind of a sexual predator. The commissioner is suspending him because his continued arrogant d*ck behavior is an embarrassment to himsef, his family, his team, the fans, and the league. If he stops being an arrogant d*ck to everyone, he shouldn't have any problems. His mandated behavior profile will simply state "You are an arrogant d*ck" (I'm sure there should be a DSM-IV criteria for that), and he will receive treatment which will hopefully prevent further arrogant d*ck behavior in the future. Problem solved.

The allegation of him exposing his genitals and saying "you can do what you want" is a perfect concrete illustration of being an arrogant d*ck. Randomly exposing yourself at inopportune times and pointing at your junk is saying "look at me, I am a d*ck." And having the gall to say "you can do what you want" to my exposed penis is the height of arrogance. Therefore, he is an arrogant d*ck. Case closed.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    It is precisely his arrogant d*ck behavior which is getting him in questionable situations that bring negative attention to the team, getting himself suspended, and potentially getting himself traded. The league isn't suspending him because Goodell has some magical evidence that was unavailable to the Georgia D.A. which proves that Ben is some kind of a sexual predator. The commissioner is suspending him because his continued arrogant d*ck behavior is an embarrassment to himsef, his family, his team, the fans, and the league. If he stops being an arrogant d*ck to everyone, he shouldn't have any problems. His mandated behavior profile will simply state "You are an arrogant d*ck" (I'm sure there should be a DSM-IV criteria for that), and he will receive treatment which will hopefully prevent further arrogant d*ck behavior in the future. Problem solved.

The allegation of him exposing his genitals and saying "you can do what you want" is a perfect concrete illustration of being an arrogant d*ck. Randomly exposing yourself at inopportune times and pointing at your junk is saying "look at me, I am a d*ck." And having the gall to say "you can do what you want" to my exposed penis is the height of arrogance. Therefore, he is an arrogant d*ck. Case closed.
    IF he really did do and say that, an alternative explanation could just be that he has a very off-beat sense of humor. You know, like that sock puppet commercial of a few years ago. :P

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Is this what had occured in the bathroom in Georgia ?