Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

  1. #31
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,263

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    The Kobe comparisson was for RESPECTED FOR WINNING purposes only. Damn... Talk about easily distracted. Look at the thread title and try to focus...

  2. #32
    HeHateMe
    Guest

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Troll.
    The TYPICAL response when you can't refute what is being said. The Troll would be BEN. You know the guy that has our TEAM disgraced? I'm a troll and Ben is a savior?
    Telling
    I don't have the time to refute all of the fallacies with your post.

    Troll.
    TRANSLATION- I CANT REFUTE HIM SO I WILL RESORT TO COLLATERAL ATTACKS LOL
    TROLL
    LOL
    CLASSIC WAVING OF THE WHITE FLAG

  3. #33
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    Ben is not Kobe. Kobe is an ASSASSIN. The best in the game for years. Ben has never been the best. Ben is FORTUNATE to play for the Steelers. Kobe would be one of the best on the worst team. But Ben on the Rams and he'd SUCK. Kobe is a Hall of Famer Ben is not. Ben has one Pro Bowl Kobe is a All Star game regular. Kobe is the PRIMARY reason the Lakers are good. Ben is not. Ben won a SB in 05 with the worst qb performance in history. Yes he played well in games leading up to SB 40 but thats due in part to the #1 rushing game in the NFL. They expected run and Whiz called passes. SB 43 we were lead by the #1 defense. In fact Ben has ONE TD pass and THREE Ints. He is HARDLY the reason we have 2 rings in his tenure. We rode Ben last season (His best year) and we went 9-7.
    you talk about kobe as if he were jordan. kobe needs a lot more around him to win championships then jordan did. kobe isnt anything without the team around him just like most players. kobe finally one a championship without shaq but it took a while to build the team around kobe. if ben were on a crap team like the rams he would still put up good numbers. ben maybe isnt a hall of famer yet but kobe didnt go to college and is older than ben. in the 2005 post season besides the sb ben was amazing. who cares if the defenses facing the steelers expected the run ben still completed the passes. i guess joe montana wasnt all that clutch, after all in the sb against the bengals the defense was double teaming jerry rice and left john taylor wide open.

    I don't talk about Kobe like he is Jordan. I talk about Kobe like he is the best player in the league the last 8 or 9 years. Ben has NEVER been that. No comparrison. How many rings did Jordan win without Pippen. Kobe won without Shaq. You say Ben would put up good numbers on the rams? I disagree. He leads the league in SACKS on a TOP team. What do you think would happen on a bottom team? It took Ben 6 years to put up good numbers for the Steelers and what was the result of those numbers? Go ahead and blame the defense. That SAME defense got us a ring in 08 and not Ben. Thats right we won in 08 with our qb committing TWENTY THREE turnovers. Funny the Rams wouldnt trade Bradford for Ben. Telling. Ben was amazing in 05 post season BECAUSE of the # 1 running game in the league. They expected run and we passed. What did he do in the SB wihen Holmgren took away that run? He sucked. Had we played a better team than the Seagals we would have lost. Joe Montana NEVER had a defense like Ben OR a running game like Ben and he still won FOUR. He STILL played lights out in the big game. Whereas Ben has ONE TD and THREE ints in the big game. Montana has ELEVEN Td's and ZERO Ints in the Big game. Oh by the way he also has THREE SB MVPs. Ben has ZERO. Montana looked great against all time defenses like the Bears D, The Giants (LT) and a great team like the Skins. Montana was rich, handsome and a woman magnet and NEVER had one Sexual Allegation. Kobe and Montana DESTROY the competition. Ben does JUST ENOUGH to get by. With a dominant defense like the Steelers have Ben should NEVER have to come from behind. It's an indictment against him. The Great Terry Bradshaw utilized his great defense by putting points on the board, not having to come from hehind as a result of putt putting along all game
    joe montana had a very good defense and a great running game. roger craig was a hell of a lot better than willie parker and an old bus. kobe isnt the best player. lebron has been better than him for some time. even now chris paul i would say is better than kobe. pippen haha? really? shaq is a hall of famer, pippen was a good player but not great. jordan won rings with very little help and a lot less than what kobe has had. imo ben should have one sb mvp. he threw two perfect passes against the cards in 08 only one of the passes were caught. i always thought it was stupid that holmes got the mvp since he dropped the first td pass. the rams not wanting to trade bradford for ben is because they are the rams. some teams do not make good moves the rams are one of them. bradford for ben are you kidding me? if you wouldnt make that trade if you are the rams GM than you are an idiot. bradford hasnt proven anything except that he has problems getting through an 11 game season

  4. #34
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    The Kobe comparisson was for RESPECTED FOR WINNING purposes only. Damn... Talk about easily distracted. Look at the thread title and try to focus...
    sorry when someone brings up bball i cant resist. i guess it would be the same thing if i was on a celtics MB and someone brought up football.

  5. #35
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    5I get the feeling Manning is also an arrogant D*CK too. He isn't respected by his own players either...to a degree/ Go watch the argument between he and Saturday. All pro players think they are the man. Saturday didn't agree with Manning and they apparently had had similar encounters before.
    Fact is you don't like guys on your team all the time. Not everyone can run the show and when you are the one running it, there's second guessers standing right next to you.
    Its clear that some of the guys hang out with Ben and like him. Does everyone, no. Alot of the OL hang out with him. Ward is chippy and says alot of stuff, but I don't get the feeling he doesn't like Ben. What WR doesn't harass his QB all day long. They want the ball on every play and can get open every play. It is what it is. Its clear that there was a time he and Bettis were very close. That changed but more because Bettis was trying to make a living reporting intimate details about the Steeler's locker room, which I always thought was in bad taste. Same as Tiki Barber was doing. I thought it was pretty lame by both of them.

    So, don't believe everything you hear. People love to divide a team and make drama cause that's how they get noticed and paid. The team has responded very well under Ben as evidence of the 2 Super Bowls. Ben bailed them out last Super Bowl and they will always appreciate him for that at a minimum. And if you don't think when they all retire and look at that ring when noone is around that they don't remember that last drive between ham and Santonio, then you are fooling yourself.
    They are all praying right now that Ben gets all this squared away and can be their teammate again. Period!

  6. #36
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,263

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    Peyton and Saturday arguing in the heat of battle is not a big deal. If anything it showedme Saturday is willing to stand up for what he believed would help win the game. If we used players arguing during a game every team has players guilty of being azzholes.

    now peyton and the drunk kicker arguing in the offseason or Hines calling out Ben out TV was much bigger IMO. When you call out your teammate in the press it shows a lack of respect IMO.

  7. #37
    HeHateMe
    Guest

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Troll.
    The TYPICAL response when you can't refute what is being said. The Troll would be BEN. You know the guy that has our TEAM disgraced? I'm a troll and Ben is a savior?
    Telling
    I don't have the time to refute all of the fallacies with your post.

    Troll.
    TRANSLATION: I cant refute it. LOL
    Troll

  8. #38
    HeHateMe
    Guest

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    Ben is not Kobe. Kobe is an ASSASSIN. The best in the game for years. Ben has never been the best. Ben is FORTUNATE to play for the Steelers. Kobe would be one of the best on the worst team. But Ben on the Rams and he'd SUCK. Kobe is a Hall of Famer Ben is not. Ben has one Pro Bowl Kobe is a All Star game regular. Kobe is the PRIMARY reason the Lakers are good. Ben is not. Ben won a SB in 05 with the worst qb performance in history. Yes he played well in games leading up to SB 40 but thats due in part to the #1 rushing game in the NFL. They expected run and Whiz called passes. SB 43 we were lead by the #1 defense. In fact Ben has ONE TD pass and THREE Ints. He is HARDLY the reason we have 2 rings in his tenure. We rode Ben last season (His best year) and we went 9-7.
    you talk about kobe as if he were jordan. kobe needs a lot more around him to win championships then jordan did. kobe isnt anything without the team around him just like most players. kobe finally one a championship without shaq but it took a while to build the team around kobe. if ben were on a crap team like the rams he would still put up good numbers. ben maybe isnt a hall of famer yet but kobe didnt go to college and is older than ben. in the 2005 post season besides the sb ben was amazing. who cares if the defenses facing the steelers expected the run ben still completed the passes. i guess joe montana wasnt all that clutch, after all in the sb against the bengals the defense was double teaming jerry rice and left john taylor wide open.

    I don't talk about Kobe like he is Jordan. I talk about Kobe like he is the best player in the league the last 8 or 9 years. Ben has NEVER been that. No comparrison. How many rings did Jordan win without Pippen. Kobe won without Shaq. You say Ben would put up good numbers on the rams? I disagree. He leads the league in SACKS on a TOP team. What do you think would happen on a bottom team? It took Ben 6 years to put up good numbers for the Steelers and what was the result of those numbers? Go ahead and blame the defense. That SAME defense got us a ring in 08 and not Ben. Thats right we won in 08 with our qb committing TWENTY THREE turnovers. Funny the Rams wouldnt trade Bradford for Ben. Telling. Ben was amazing in 05 post season BECAUSE of the # 1 running game in the league. They expected run and we passed. What did he do in the SB wihen Holmgren took away that run? He sucked. Had we played a better team than the Seagals we would have lost. Joe Montana NEVER had a defense like Ben OR a running game like Ben and he still won FOUR. He STILL played lights out in the big game. Whereas Ben has ONE TD and THREE ints in the big game. Montana has ELEVEN Td's and ZERO Ints in the Big game. Oh by the way he also has THREE SB MVPs. Ben has ZERO. Montana looked great against all time defenses like the Bears D, The Giants (LT) and a great team like the Skins. Montana was rich, handsome and a woman magnet and NEVER had one Sexual Allegation. Kobe and Montana DESTROY the competition. Ben does JUST ENOUGH to get by. With a dominant defense like the Steelers have Ben should NEVER have to come from behind. It's an indictment against him. The Great Terry Bradshaw utilized his great defense by putting points on the board, not having to come from hehind as a result of putt putting along all game
    joe montana had a very good defense and a great running game. roger craig was a hell of a lot better than willie parker and an old bus. kobe isnt the best player. lebron has been better than him for some time. even now chris paul i would say is better than kobe. pippen haha? really? shaq is a hall of famer, pippen was a good player but not great. jordan won rings with very little help and a lot less than what kobe has had. imo ben should have one sb mvp. he threw two perfect passes against the cards in 08 only one of the passes were caught. i always thought it was stupid that holmes got the mvp since he dropped the first td pass. the rams not wanting to trade bradford for ben is because they are the rams. some teams do not make good moves the rams are one of them. bradford for ben are you kidding me? if you wouldnt make that trade if you are the rams GM than you are an idiot. bradford hasnt proven anything except that he has problems getting through an 11 game season
    Ben's running game LEAD THE LEAGUE IN RUSHING IN 05. Please show me WHEN Montanas did. Please inform me WHEN Montanas D LED THE LEAGUE. See the difference? Of course you don't. Lebron is better than Kobe BECAUSE Kobe is in his FOURTEENTH season. Kinda Like comparing Ben to an older Manning. Fact is KOBE is the PRIMARY reason the Lakers are good. Ben is NOT. Ben SHOULD have a SB MVP? Why? Because he started to play in the FOURTH qtr? They Take away Ben's last drive and his numbers were TERRIBLE. TONE made that Lsst drive NOT BEN. My question is IF Ben plays like that ALL GAME, we blow them out. It was stupid for Holmes to get the MVP over a drop BUT Ben should get the award DESPITE a Int. What hurt the team more? The drop or the INT? Do you lose possesion over a drop? Come on guy. Ben didnt get traded because the LEAGUE realizes that he ISNT as good as BEN FANS believe him to be. You see the guy is INCONSISTENT as heck (See Cleveland, Jags games, Eagles, Titans, Giants and Skins games the last 2 seasons). Ben plays when he wants to and he is the white version of T.O. Only difference is that Ben doesnt perform as well as T.O (Individually) and T.O doesnt get the cops or a judge involved in his issues.

  9. #39
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,323

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    Ben is not Kobe. Kobe is an ASSASSIN. The best in the game for years. Ben has never been the best. Ben is FORTUNATE to play for the Steelers. Kobe would be one of the best on the worst team. But Ben on the Rams and he'd SUCK. Kobe is a Hall of Famer Ben is not. Ben has one Pro Bowl Kobe is a All Star game regular. Kobe is the PRIMARY reason the Lakers are good. Ben is not. Ben won a SB in 05 with the worst qb performance in history. Yes he played well in games leading up to SB 40 but thats due in part to the #1 rushing game in the NFL. They expected run and Whiz called passes. SB 43 we were lead by the #1 defense. In fact Ben has ONE TD pass and THREE Ints. He is HARDLY the reason we have 2 rings in his tenure. We rode Ben last season (His best year) and we went 9-7.
    you talk about kobe as if he were jordan. kobe needs a lot more around him to win championships then jordan did. kobe isnt anything without the team around him just like most players. kobe finally one a championship without shaq but it took a while to build the team around kobe. if ben were on a crap team like the rams he would still put up good numbers. ben maybe isnt a hall of famer yet but kobe didnt go to college and is older than ben. in the 2005 post season besides the sb ben was amazing. who cares if the defenses facing the steelers expected the run ben still completed the passes. i guess joe montana wasnt all that clutch, after all in the sb against the bengals the defense was double teaming jerry rice and left john taylor wide open.

    I don't talk about Kobe like he is Jordan. I talk about Kobe like he is the best player in the league the last 8 or 9 years. Ben has NEVER been that. No comparrison. How many rings did Jordan win without Pippen. Kobe won without Shaq. You say Ben would put up good numbers on the rams? I disagree. He leads the league in SACKS on a TOP team. What do you think would happen on a bottom team? It took Ben 6 years to put up good numbers for the Steelers and what was the result of those numbers? Go ahead and blame the defense. That SAME defense got us a ring in 08 and not Ben. Thats right we won in 08 with our qb committing TWENTY THREE turnovers. Funny the Rams wouldnt trade Bradford for Ben. Telling. Ben was amazing in 05 post season BECAUSE of the # 1 running game in the league. They expected run and we passed. What did he do in the SB wihen Holmgren took away that run? He sucked. Had we played a better team than the Seagals we would have lost. Joe Montana NEVER had a defense like Ben OR a running game like Ben and he still won FOUR. He STILL played lights out in the big game. Whereas Ben has ONE TD and THREE ints in the big game. Montana has ELEVEN Td's and ZERO Ints in the Big game. Oh by the way he also has THREE SB MVPs. Ben has ZERO. Montana looked great against all time defenses like the Bears D, The Giants (LT) and a great team like the Skins. Montana was rich, handsome and a woman magnet and NEVER had one Sexual Allegation. Kobe and Montana DESTROY the competition. Ben does JUST ENOUGH to get by. With a dominant defense like the Steelers have Ben should NEVER have to come from behind. It's an indictment against him. The Great Terry Bradshaw utilized his great defense by putting points on the board, not having to come from hehind as a result of putt putting along all game
    joe montana had a very good defense and a great running game. roger craig was a hell of a lot better than willie parker and an old bus. kobe isnt the best player. lebron has been better than him for some time. even now chris paul i would say is better than kobe. pippen haha? really? shaq is a hall of famer, pippen was a good player but not great. jordan won rings with very little help and a lot less than what kobe has had. imo ben should have one sb mvp. he threw two perfect passes against the cards in 08 only one of the passes were caught. i always thought it was stupid that holmes got the mvp since he dropped the first td pass. the rams not wanting to trade bradford for ben is because they are the rams. some teams do not make good moves the rams are one of them. bradford for ben are you kidding me? if you wouldnt make that trade if you are the rams GM than you are an idiot. bradford hasnt proven anything except that he has problems getting through an 11 game season
    Ben's running game LEAD THE LEAGUE IN RUSHING IN 05. Please show me WHEN Montanas did. Please inform me WHEN Montanas D LED THE LEAGUE. See the difference? Of course you don't. Lebron is better than Kobe BECAUSE Kobe is in his FOURTEENTH season. Kinda Like comparing Ben to an older Manning. Fact is KOBE is the PRIMARY reason the Lakers are good. Ben is NOT. Ben SHOULD have a SB MVP? Why? Because he started to play in the FOURTH qtr? They Take away Ben's last drive and his numbers were TERRIBLE. TONE made that Lsst drive NOT BEN. My question is IF Ben plays like that ALL GAME, we blow them out. It was stupid for Holmes to get the MVP over a drop BUT Ben should get the award DESPITE a Int. What hurt the team more? The drop or the INT? Do you lose possesion over a drop? Come on guy. Ben didnt get traded because the LEAGUE realizes that he ISNT as good as BEN FANS believe him to be. You see the guy is INCONSISTENT as heck (See Cleveland, Jags games, Eagles, Titans, Giants and Skins games the last 2 seasons). Ben plays when he wants to and he is the white version of T.O. Only difference is that Ben doesnt perform as well as T.O (Individually) and T.O doesnt get the cops or a judge involved in his issues.
    Sorry pal...the facts about rushing offense and total defense don't support you.

    Ben's Steelers didn't league in rushing in 2005. They were 5th in the league.

    While Montana's Niners never lead the league in rushing in any of his Super Bowl years, they did finish 2nd in the league in rushing in 1988 and 3rd in the league in rushing in 1984.




    Here are the facts that you didn't bother to look up before spouting off:


    Montana's 49ers won Super Bowls following the 1981, 1984, 1988, and 1989 seasons.

    Roethlisberger's Steelers won Super Bowls following the 2005 and 2008 seasons.


    In 1981, San Francisco was 2nd in total defense and 19th in rushing offense.

    In 1984, San Francisco was 10th in total defense and 3rd in rushing offense.

    In 1988, San Francisco was 3rd in total defense and 2nd in rushing offense.

    In 1989, San Francisco was 4th in total defense and 10th in rushing offense.

    In 2005, Pittsburgh was 4th in total defense and 5th in rushing offense.

    In 2008, Pittsburgh was 1st in total defense and 23rd in rushing offense.

  10. #40
    HeHateMe
    Guest

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    Thanks for establishing that my stats were CORRECT. I asked you to show me WHEN Montanas D led the league. You couldnt. Telling. I asked you to show me WHEN Montanas offense led the league in rushing. YOU COULDNT. TELLING. You CONFIRMED what I said in that the Steelers led the league in Defense in 08 (The year Ben had TWENTY THREE TURNOVERS). We also, LED the league in Ben's rookie season (04-05) and as you pointed out were top FIVE the SB season. AGAIN, Montana was the PRIMARY reason that the 9ers were SB champs. BEN WAS NOT. For you to even ATTEMPT to compare ben with a GIANT like MONTANA is TELLING.

    PROOF that the Steelers had one of the BEST running games in the league.


    When Roethlisberger took over, running the ball "took a little bit of pressure off that position early," Whisenhunt said.
    The return to what many might call "Steelers football" also paved the way for the 2005 run to the Super Bowl.


    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10084/10 ... z0mctghWsD

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •