Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

  1. #11
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,347

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I really could care less if he is an arrogant d*ck. What I don't want is him getting himself suspended, doing ish to get himself traded or bring negative attention on this team. It would be nice if our QB was a terrific, charismatic, and loveable teddy bear. But, he isn't. He is however an elite talent with 2 SB rings. I'll take that anyday over a Tim Tebow type that can't throw his way out of a wet paper sack.
    It is precisely his arrogant d*ck behavior which is getting him in questionable situations that bring negative attention to the team, getting himself suspended, and potentially getting himself traded. The league isn't suspending him because Goodell has some magical evidence that was unavailable to the Georgia D.A. which proves that Ben is some kind of a sexual predator. The commissioner is suspending him because his continued arrogant d*ck behavior is an embarrassment to himsef, his family, his team, the fans, and the league. If he stops being an arrogant d*ck to everyone, he shouldn't have any problems. His mandated behavior profile will simply state "You are an arrogant d*ck" (I'm sure there should be a DSM-IV criteria for that), and he will receive treatment which will hopefully prevent further arrogant d*ck behavior in the future. Problem solved.

    The allegation of him exposing his genitals and saying "you can do what you want" is a perfect concrete illustration of being an arrogant d*ck. Randomly exposing yourself at inopportune times and pointing at your junk is saying "look at me, I am a d*ck." And having the gall to say "you can do what you want" to my exposed penis is the height of arrogance. Therefore, he is an arrogant d*ck. Case closed.


    Is this what had occured in the bathroom in Georgia ?
    No...this is supposedly what he said to some other young Southern belle who was at his Georgia house for a party that took place well before this Milledgeville bar fiasco.

    Ben appartently seems to take the "Rock Out With Your <Rooster> Out" a bit too literally sometimes. Could be worse, I suppose...he could be like his old buddy Plex who liked to "Rock Out With His Glock Out."

  2. #12
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,305

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    Ben reminds me of Kobe a lot. LOL... Both had "trouble" off the field amd both are rumored to be arrogant azzz's in the lockerroom but their game has to be respected. I think part of the hate is the amount of money and influence they have over the FO. When other players are up for contract negotiations guess who they look at with frustration? The 100 million dollar man.

    Ben admitted he was a bad teammate before... who knows how bad he really is though in the locker room.

  3. #13

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Ben reminds me of Kobe a lot. LOL... Both had "trouble" off the field amd both are rumored to be arrogant azzz's in the lockerroom but their game has to be respected. I think part of the hate is the amount of money and influence they have over the FO. When other players are up for contract negotiations guess who they look at with frustration? The 100 million dollar man.

    Ben admitted he was a bad teammate before... who knows how bad he really is though in the locker room.
    He also is a great team-mate in some demonstrable ways - always covering for his O-line when they get him killed (think Peyton Manning ... then do a 180), taking them out on trips, etc. Also, watch film of him and Hines at the end of XLIII, holding hands while the defense tries to shut down one last Warner drive - that was real closeness, nothing but.

    So, he may have work to do in the locker room, but to paint him as a sociopath I think is probably a bit over the top.

    dizz - from your recent posts, I have to ask - would you rather that Ben played for another team this year?


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  4. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,305

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Ben reminds me of Kobe a lot. LOL... Both had "trouble" off the field amd both are rumored to be arrogant azzz's in the lockerroom but their game has to be respected. I think part of the hate is the amount of money and influence they have over the FO. When other players are up for contract negotiations guess who they look at with frustration? The 100 million dollar man.

    Ben admitted he was a bad teammate before... who knows how bad he really is though in the locker room.
    He also is a great team-mate in some demonstrable ways - always covering for his O-line when they get him killed (think Peyton Manning ... then do a 180), taking them out on trips, etc. Also, watch film of him and Hines at the end of XLIII, holding hands while the defense tries to shut down one last Warner drive - that was real closeness, nothing but.

    So, he may have work to do in the locker room, but to paint him as a sociopath I think is probably a bit over the top.

    dizz - from your recent posts, I have to ask - would you rather that Ben played for another team this year?
    How did I imply he was a sociopath? I was actually implying Ben was being hard on himself when admitting being a bad teammate. Who knows what he thinks being a bad teammate is and who knows how bad he is in the locker room. If it came across as the opposite I apologize.

    Now the whole point of this thread was pointing out if Cowher was suggesting Ben is respected because he wins and not because he is a Bettis type... not that he has to be.

    One more thing... pointing out the chinks in Ben's armor doesn't mean I want him gone. Please show one post where I said trade Ben. You can't because I never ever said anything of the sort. I'm hard on Ben because he gives us the best chance to win.... but he also keeps us on the edge of our seat in the offseason and once again our season is up in the air due to his off field decisions.

  5. #15

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    I will take Cowher's word over Florio's on this. And I will take his words at face instead of as a lie because he was supposedly stammering. Can we now also detect truth from Cowher based on how many drops of spit come from his mouth?

    I would think that the O line loves the guy. He took them away for a birthday one time, he always defends them no matter how bad they play, and aftre receiving the Lombardi trophy after XLIII he shows it to them and asks "who's laughing now Oline?"

    As for everyone else, there may be some in there that don't like him, but I'm sure that applies to every player on every 53 man roster in the league. I would doubt that it equals up to "a locker room divided".

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Ben reminds me of Kobe a lot. LOL... Both had "trouble" off the field amd both are rumored to be arrogant azzz's in the lockerroom but their game has to be respected. I think part of the hate is the amount of money and influence they have over the FO. When other players are up for contract negotiations guess who they look at with frustration? The 100 million dollar man.

    Ben admitted he was a bad teammate before... who knows how bad he really is though in the locker room.

    I see the parallel you are trying to create here, dizz... but I disagree. Kobe had two factors on his side that spoke volumes for PR rehabilitation. One, he's a family guy with two young children... two, Kobe had plenty of endorsements deals that banked on his squeaky clean image. I think both factors I mentioned have been key elements in insuring Kobe didn't continue to his spiral down the abyss of infamy. Whether its the love and respect of his children or the millions of dollars from endorsement deals that impacts his net worth, Kobe has factors that has helped him rescue himself from himself. I'm not saying Ben isn't capable... but I don't see any rehabilitative factors on his side other than shame.

  7. #17

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    Ok guys its time to focus here.....everyone do me a favor and look at my girls butt to the left and then take a deep breath and lets focus here...........FOCUS FOCUS....

    BIG BEN!!!!!

    1. This is the same guy who took his OLINE to detroit to build team bonding and that did what for the team???? WON THE SUPERBOWL.
    2. Its the same guy who on National Television during the most watched show in the WORLD said the following.....OLINE??? WHOS LAUGHING NOW???? He didnt brag about himself up there holding a trophy.
    3. Same guy who fights for a guy you all hate...BA..........
    4. Same guy who promised BUS a superbowl.......Same guy who hands BUS all the playoff balls, same guy who hugged and cried a little after superbowl XL.......
    5. Same guy who you see talking to HOLMES about his first superbowl and telling him he'll get him the ball early....Who was the guy who caught the game winner again??
    6. Same guy you see holding TOMLINS hand during that superbowl......that pic is my ALL TIME FAVORITE STEELER PICTURE...........
    7. Same guy who goes up and down on the sideline telling the OLINE good job and that it was ALL THEM that drive!!!!!!!!
    8. Same guy who you see talking to Mendenhall about holding onto the ball........
    9. Same guy who during training camp the year they won superbowl XL was out 45 minutes before everyone else signing autographs. That year they said he was always out early signing. I got my jersey signed. I'm sure some years he doesnt like last year and other years....Was he overly friendly???? Not really but he signed his ass off and the less he talked the more that got signed.......
    10. Same guy who did make a wish!!!!!!!
    11. Same guy who buys police dogs for other cities beside PITT.
    12. Same guy who held Hines Hand on the sideline and actually gets into the game and watches the defense.
    13. Same guy who told TROY during the AFC Championship game that hes AWESOME. Ever see Payton say that to his defense??? what did Payton say about his OLINE during the loss to the steelers that one year???? OH WE HAD SOME PROTECTION PROBLEMS....I mean lets get real here..........

    In fact I love the steelers because they actually get involved....that year Leftwich ran for a TD and Casey Hampton was laughing at him and making fun of his run.......Our team actually gets into the game and each other......You dont see that on other teams like you do with the STEELERS.............

    I'm sure there are more but it doesnt matter.........The guy is a team player........all his post game interviews is like listening to the white version of TOMLIN..........Game winning TD Throw in the superbowl he said the play was pump once, pump twice, get open......or something crazy.......he didnt say oh i audibled at the line....i made this decision...I did that..........he thought it was PICKED and so DID I...........he isnt about himself.

    YES HES 26.....yes he puts himself in bad situations.............Yes he called this girl a tease in bar #1 and ends up doing something in bar #3 with her..........she wore a DTF badge....I mean come on...........who hasnt done something at the age of 26???? Doesnt mean he's not liked in the locker room or on the team..............COME ON!!!! This is just DUMB talk..............he was out with a teammate.....how is he not liked and out with a teammate???? I bet these guys are probably laughing about this crap and will give him a hard time........MOORE was on the VIKING SHIP wasnt he with the escorts????? Wasnt he????? We all LOVE him..................

    Lets focus!!!!!!!! This is one bad drunken night!!!!!

    My brother bought us beer when I was 19....he was 22.........He took a friend of mine to the high school parking lot after she had been drinking and now they are married. He contributed to a minor, had sex with her and then married her.................So it happens.................................lets keep it real people.............


    LETS GOOO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  8. #18

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I really could care less if he is an arrogant d*ck. What I don't want is him getting himself suspended, doing ish to get himself traded or bring negative attention on this team. It would be nice if our QB was a terrific, charismatic, and loveable teddy bear. But, he isn't. He is however an elite talent with 2 SB rings. I'll take that anyday over a Tim Tebow type that can't throw his way out of a wet paper sack.
    Well said.

    Why does anyone care what his personality is outside of his personality getting him in trouble ? That's the only thing that should be an issue.Other than that , he can be as big of a d*ck as he wants.

    His personality didn't seem to be an issue when they were winning Super Bowls.

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,305

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Ben reminds me of Kobe a lot. LOL... Both had "trouble" off the field amd both are rumored to be arrogant azzz's in the lockerroom but their game has to be respected. I think part of the hate is the amount of money and influence they have over the FO. When other players are up for contract negotiations guess who they look at with frustration? The 100 million dollar man.

    Ben admitted he was a bad teammate before... who knows how bad he really is though in the locker room.

    I see the parallel you are trying to create here, dizz... but I disagree. Kobe had two factors on his side that spoke volumes for PR rehabilitation. One, he's a family guy with two young children... two, Kobe had plenty of endorsements deals that banked on his squeaky clean image. I think both factors I mentioned have been key elements in insuring Kobe didn't continue to his spiral down the abyss of infamy. Whether its the love and respect of his children or the millions of dollars from endorsement deals that impacts his net worth, Kobe has factors that has helped him rescue himself from himself. I'm not saying Ben isn't capable... but I don't see any rehabilitative factors on his side other than shame.
    I'm not really comparing their off field issues. They are strikingly similar though and Kobe wasn't clean or a family man right after his charge... he was Ben in terms of the PR nightmare... it also happened during the season so Kobe was able to play his way out of the nightmare.

    My comparison is based on the respect Kobe gets from his teammates. It's not because he is a great team player or locker room anchor... it's because he is a winner. Cowher implied Ben was respected because he won games. It can be said that winning is all that matters in terms of respect... but if you get suspended or have off field issues it can magnify things and it doesn't help the team win games. The stories about Ben and film or poor practices never come up after a 300 yard 2TD game...they come up after a 5 sack loss... winning trumps all.

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,227

    Re: Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

    Quote Originally Posted by Doogie36
    Ok guys its time to focus here.....everyone do me a favor and look at my girls butt to the left and then take a deep breath and lets focus here...........FOCUS FOCUS....

    BIG BEN!!!!!

    1. This is the same guy who took his OLINE to detroit to build team bonding and that did what for the team???? WON THE SUPERBOWL.
    2. Its the same guy who on National Television during the most watched show in the WORLD said the following.....OLINE??? WHOS LAUGHING NOW???? He didnt brag about himself up there holding a trophy.
    3. Same guy who fights for a guy you all hate...BA..........
    4. Same guy who promised BUS a superbowl.......Same guy who hands BUS all the playoff balls, same guy who hugged and cried a little after superbowl XL.......
    5. Same guy who you see talking to HOLMES about his first superbowl and telling him he'll get him the ball early....Who was the guy who caught the game winner again??
    6. Same guy you see holding TOMLINS hand during that superbowl......that pic is my ALL TIME FAVORITE STEELER PICTURE...........
    7. Same guy who goes up and down on the sideline telling the OLINE good job and that it was ALL THEM that drive!!!!!!!!
    8. Same guy who you see talking to Mendenhall about holding onto the ball........
    9. Same guy who during training camp the year they won superbowl XL was out 45 minutes before everyone else signing autographs. That year they said he was always out early signing. I got my jersey signed. I'm sure some years he doesnt like last year and other years....Was he overly friendly???? Not really but he signed his bad word off and the less he talked the more that got signed.......
    10. Same guy who did make a wish!!!!!!!
    11. Same guy who buys police dogs for other cities beside PITT.
    12. Same guy who held Hines Hand on the sideline and actually gets into the game and watches the defense.
    13. Same guy who told TROY during the AFC Championship game that hes AWESOME. Ever see Payton say that to his defense??? what did Payton say about his OLINE during the loss to the steelers that one year???? OH WE HAD SOME PROTECTION PROBLEMS....I mean lets get real here..........

    In fact I love the steelers because they actually get involved....that year Leftwich ran for a TD and Casey Hampton was laughing at him and making fun of his run.......Our team actually gets into the game and each other......You dont see that on other teams like you do with the STEELERS.............

    I'm sure there are more but it doesnt matter.........The guy is a team player........all his post game interviews is like listening to the white version of TOMLIN..........Game winning TD Throw in the superbowl he said the play was pump once, pump twice, get open......or something crazy.......he didnt say oh i audibled at the line....i made this decision...I did that..........he thought it was PICKED and so DID I...........he isnt about himself.

    YES HES 26.....yes he puts himself in bad situations.............Yes he called this girl a tease in bar #1 and ends up doing something in bar #3 with her..........she wore a DTF badge....I mean come on...........who hasnt done something at the age of 26???? Doesnt mean he's not liked in the locker room or on the team..............COME ON!!!! This is just DUMB talk..............he was out with a teammate.....how is he not liked and out with a teammate???? I bet these guys are probably laughing about this crap and will give him a hard time........MOORE was on the VIKING SHIP wasnt he with the escorts????? Wasnt he????? We all LOVE him..................

    Lets focus!!!!!!!! This is one bad drunken night!!!!!

    My brother bought us beer when I was 19....he was 22.........He took a friend of mine to the high school parking lot after she had been drinking and now they are married. He contributed to a minor, had sex with her and then married her.................So it happens.................................lets keep it real people.............


    LETS GOOO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Post of the YEAR!!!

    By the way ... Goodell just suspended your brother for the season
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •