Thread: I Don't Think The Question Is...

Rookie

User Info Menu

I Don't Think The Question Is...

...whether or not the Steelers filled all of their needs...

The question is this:

Did the Steelers overdraft anybody?

I think not...if anything, they received tremendous value for their picks...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: I Don't Think The Question Is...

Yeah as unhappy as I am about a couple of the picks I must admit overall we did a good job grabbing value. Dwyer in the 6th? Unreal. I'm not a Gibson fan but many people spoke about him being a 2nd round talent. I'm not sure about Sanders in the third but who knows...he could be the next Wallace.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Yeah as unhappy as I am about a couple of the picks I must admit overall we did a good job grabbing value. Dwyer in the 6th? Unreal. I'm not a Gibson fan but many people spoke about him being a 2nd round talent. I'm not sure about Sanders in the third but who knows...he could be the next Wallace.
    yeah that sums it up for me too. i also just read crezdon butler ran a 4.3 at the combine and the guy is 6'0" and had great sophmore and junior seasons. i saw a lot of mock drafts that had him going in the 4th-5th. the dwyer pick was my favorite of the draft though. that is huge value in the 6th round. from what i saw of sanders on you tube i liked. he looks like a holmes type wr although he played in a pass happy offense for june jones so thats why his stats are huge. but he still made the catches which is the important thing

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    yeah that sums it up for me too. i also just read crezdon butler ran a 4.3 at the combine and the guy is 6'0" and had great sophmore and junior seasons. i saw a lot of mock drafts that had him going in the 4th-5th. the dwyer pick was my favorite of the draft though. that is huge value in the 6th round. from what i saw of sanders on you tube i liked. he looks like a holmes type wr although he played in a pass happy offense for june jones so thats why his stats are huge. but he still made the catches which is the important thing

Crezdon Butler

Height:6'0"
    Weight:191 lbs.
    Arm Length:32 in.
    Hand Size:8 3/4 in.
    College:Clemson
    Conference:ACC

Butler has good size and straight line speed for the position but lacks great change of direction in coverage and lateral quickness in pure man schemes. He isn’t a physical tackler and needs to use his hands better to separate from blockers. Butler understands angles and how to leverage the ball but consistency is lacking. He needs to become more comfortable tracking the ball to make plays as a pass defender. Butler is a better athlete than football player but has the tools to develop into a solid NFL defender. He is a bit of a project and may contribute early as a rolled up corner in two deep coverage’s as well as special teams.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Can value tackle? intercept a pass? block? kick? Value is great when it comes with talent or can help immediately.

On the other hand, you're right, they didn't over draft anybody. If I had to pick one that may have been over drafted, I'd pick Pouncey, but that's fine, he's going to be a staple on the o-linbe for a long time, provided he stays healthy.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount