Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bryant McFadden a Steeler again

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Bryant McFadden a Steeler again

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    Very happy with this move too. Thought Gay would be a decent replacement when he left, but apparently not........

Now pick up a running back somewhere in the draft and I'll be happy.
    I believe he would have been had we not lost Troy.
    Beat me to it. BMac did not have a good season at all as the key guy in AZ. The only reason I can see this move makes sense is as an insurance if Troy goes out again - "BMac without Troy > Gay without Troy". If Troy is in, it probably doesn't matter who is playing next to him.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers trade the 5th round pick they got for Santonio to re-acquire Bryant McFadden = Good Feelings Among The Masses

Steelers us one of their untradeable 5th round comp picks on a THIRD OLB in this draft = Bad Feelings Among The Masses

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

I think Gay got a bad rap.

I'm looking forward for the BMAC/GAY rotation that worked well for us...

Legend

User Info Menu

best move of the last 2 days

maybe 3 days if looking at immediate improvement

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LouSteel
    I think Gay got a bad rap.

I'm looking forward for the BMAC/GAY rotation that worked well for us...

I also think he got a bad rap.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers bring back Clark Haggans...should be able to get him for a sixth-rounder and a bag of cheetoes.

Heck, wouldn't be too surprised if the FO is working out Marvel Smith even as we speak.
    Wonder if Kendall Simmons would be interested in coming back?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Bryant McFadden traded back to Steelers!!

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    Thank God... we never should have got rid of him in the first place.

So many were hard on McFadden's play, thinking W. Gay was ready to replace him and outperform McFadden...We all saw first hand how that experiment went..
    The Steelers are correcting a mistake. Great move!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Bryant McFadden traded back to Steelers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Shoot bring back Faneca as well...move him to center...cut hartwig. And McFadden didnt have the best year with the Cards but he always played well in our system. It was a great move.
    Not sure if you were joking but you can forget about Faneca. Tomlin said on ESPN they are not interested and they're going to stick with the young guys.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Steelers trade the 5th round pick they got for Santonio to re-acquire Bryant McFadden = Good Feelings Among The Masses

Steelers us one of their untradeable 5th round comp picks on a THIRD OLB in this draft = Bad Feelings Among The Masses

i thought that was the pick they got for holmes. that was a stellar move by the FO. basically trading holmes who they were just going to release and getting a solid cb like Bmac

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    Very happy with this move too. Thought Gay would be a decent replacement when he left, but apparently not........

Now pick up a running back somewhere in the draft and I'll be happy.

you must be happy then because RB Jonathan Dwyer was a great value in the 6th round!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha