Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bryant McFadden a Steeler again

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Bryant McFadden a Steeler again

Interesting!

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Santonio Holmes pick traded for Bryant McFadden???

This makes the entire draft right here..

Great move.

HOlmes for McFadden.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Bryant McFadden traded back to Steelers!!

I'm excited too, but let's temper it a bit: he definitely underwhelmed in AZ, to the point at least where they were willing to unload him for a 5th.

But oh well, I like it!
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wonder if Faneca wants his old job back for cheap? Would be like old times.... lol
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Backup

User Info Menu

This is a good move. McFadden can play in our system. I feel better about the secondary compared to my feelings this morning. I was hoping for a young safety in this draft but apparently that won't happen. Maybe Lewis can be moved to safety.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

Legend

User Info Menu

Shoot bring back Faneca as well...move him to center...cut hartwig. And McFadden didnt have the best year with the Cards but he always played well in our system. It was a great move.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Very happy with this move too. Thought Gay would be a decent replacement when he left, but apparently not........

Now pick up a running back somewhere in the draft and I'll be happy.

Starter

User Info Menu

Faneca is definitely going to Arizona with Grimm.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Doesnt McFadden have this crazy high contract?? A 5th round pick is cool but what are the details of his contract??
    3/8/2009: Signed a two-year, $10 million contract. The deal contains $5 million guaranteed, including McFadden's first-year base salary. 2009: $3.75 million (+ $1 million roster bonus + $250,000 workout bonus), 2010: $5 million, 2011: Free Agent

It's $5 million this year, but there is no cap, so as long as the Rooneys are willing to pay that for this season, it doesn't hurt the team by taking cap dollars away from other needs. After this season, we can determine whether or not we want to re-sign him. If Gay, Lewis and Burnett progress this season behind Ike and BMac, then we could let McFadden go next off-season. If not, we could re-sign him. It buys us time to see how our two rookie corners from last year (and Gay) progress without having to rely on any of them for anything more than nickel and dime duty, except in case of injury.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    Very happy with this move too. Thought Gay would be a decent replacement when he left, but apparently not........

Now pick up a running back somewhere in the draft and I'll be happy.
    I believe he would have been had we not lost Troy.