Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bryant McFadden a Steeler again

Re: Bryant McFadden traded back to Steelers!!

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Doesnt McFadden have this crazy high contract?? A 5th round pick is cool but what are the details of his contract??
    3/8/2009: Signed a two-year, $10 million contract. The deal contains $5 million guaranteed, including McFadden's first-year base salary. 2009: $3.75 million (+ $1 million roster bonus + $250,000 workout bonus), 2010: $5 million, 2011: Free Agent

It's $5 million this year, but there is no cap, so as long as the Rooneys are willing to pay that for this season, it doesn't hurt the team by taking cap dollars away from other needs. After this season, we can determine whether or not we want to re-sign him. If Gay, Lewis and Burnett progress this season behind Ike and BMac, then we could let McFadden go next off-season. If not, we could re-sign him. It buys us time to see how our two rookie corners from last year (and Gay) progress without having to rely on any of them for anything more than nickel and dime duty, except in case of injury.

Steelers, McFadden talking extension

Posted by Mike Florio on April 24, 2010 2:56 PM ET

With defensive back Bryant McFadden back in Pittsburgh a year after signing with the Cardinals, McFadden could be staying longer than the one year that remains on his deal.

Per a league source, the Steelers and McFadden are talking about a possible extension. He was traded back to Pittsburgh during round five.

McFadden is due to earn a base salary of $4.75 million in 2010.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... extension/

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Re: Bryant McFadden a Steeler again

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Steelers trade the 5th round pick they got for Santonio to re-acquire Bryant McFadden = Good Feelings Among The Masses

Steelers us one of their untradeable 5th round comp picks on a THIRD OLB in this draft = Bad Feelings Among The Masses

i thought that was the pick they got for holmes. that was a stellar move by the FO. basically trading holmes who they were just going to release and getting a solid cb like Bmac
    We also got Arizona's 6th round pick in the BMac deal. So essentially, it was Santonio Holmes for Bryant McFadden and a 6th round pick (we took WR Antonio Brown with the Card's 6th rounder). Not such an awful deal anymore.

Steelers trade the 5th round pick they got for Santonio to re-acquire Bryant McFadden = Good Feelings Among The Masses

Steelers us one of their untradeable 5th round comp picks on a THIRD OLB in this draft = Bad Feelings Among The Masses

i thought that was the pick they got for holmes. that was a stellar move by the FO. basically trading holmes who they were just going to release and getting a solid cb like Bmac
    We also got Arizona's 6th round pick in the BMac deal. So essentially, it was Santonio Holmes for Bryant McFadden and a 6th round pick (we took WR Antonio Brown with the Card's 6th rounder). Not such an awful deal anymore.

Agreed...if someone would have presented me with that option I would have thought long and hard about it. I know some people think Mcadden isnt that good. I would disagree despite his season last year. But, as the #2 without Troy...Gay is that bad...statistically one of the worst in the NFL.

so we ended up trading Santonio Holmes for Bryant McFadden and Antonio Brown.

i feel much better now...

and he already agreed to a 3 year extension.
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

2013 MNF Executive Champion!