Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worilds and Sanders

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Worilds and Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Here's [url=http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10114/1053084-87.stm]an article[/url] that takes a different spin on the draft. To be fair and cover both sides.

Pappy
    I think I could have wrote that article. That is exactly how I feel, there are a lot of maybe's with the Steelers in 2010. My hope is that we can grab AOA in Rd. 4 or mabye Blount. Either a CB or a RB.....
    Your editor would change that to "written".

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    the Sanders pick sounds like an attempt to find Hines' eventual replacement....

were all the good DBs gone by this time?
    i think sanders is holmes's replacement. sanders and holmes have the same frame, and are both fast. i dont mind the sanders pick although wr isnt a need. sanders's numbers for 3 years at smu are very impressive.

brandon ghee was still on the board at the time and franks is still on the board so we are passing up on quality cb's for depth at OLB. real smart, one of the worst draft's imo

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

i think sanders is holmes's replacement. sanders and holmes have the same frame, and are both fast. i dont mind the sanders pick although wr isnt a need. sanders's numbers for 3 years at smu are very impressive.

brandon ghee was still on the board at the time and franks is still on the board so we are passing up on quality cb's for depth at OLB. real smart, one of the worst draft's imo
    I think we are all scratching our heads a little bit, no, a lot at this draft. But I have faith in the front office and what they are doing. They obviously know a hell of a lot more than any of us. I am absolutely stunned that we have not drafted any players for our secondary yet. Stunned. They must REALLY like Burnett and Lewis.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Fix the pass rush and the secondary is fine.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    i agree with that some what. you still need guys who can cover and today you need 3 solid cb's on the roster. we have ike and thats it and even ike looked bad last year

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    how in the heck do they draft for depth when you have a glaring need for a starting corner?
    I'm guessing that they believe a top corner just doesn't have much value in their system.
    The FO believes that if the front seven plays lights out, Troy does his thing, and the
    corners are adequate enough to just not get beat deep, than the defensive scheme will
    be successful. As a fan, it's hard to watch 10 yard cushions and the quarterback chipping
    away, and it's even harder waiting until the final game of the season to see an interception
    by a corner, but this is the MO.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    That must be what they're thinking because they haven't appeared to even sniff a DB. I really wanted Wilson at #1 and then thought that maybe they felt there was better value a little later down the line- still nothing.

I am choosing to put myself back in the "they know things we don't" camp.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

I think we are all scratching our heads a little bit, no, a lot at this draft. But I have faith in the front office and what they are doing. They obviously know a hell of a lot more than any of us. I am absolutely stunned that we have not drafted any players for our secondary yet. Stunned. They must REALLY like Burnett and Lewis.
    i usually have faith in the FO but im pretty worried. the secondary was pathetic last season and i dont see any reason why it will improve this season. we signed will allen so far wow. im suprised they like burnett and lewis this much. i am also suprised that we havent drafted a RB. a back up RB will play more than either gibson or worilds

Legend

User Info Menu

fix the pass rush??

there's nothing wrong withn the pass rush

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    fix the pass rush??

there's nothing wrong withn the pass rush
    Are you serious? When you give Gradkowski enough time to carve you up, you have no pass rush.