Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pouncey plans to start for Steelers at guard

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Pouncey plans to start for Steelers at guard

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    Yeah,...because Tomlin's "Position flexible" guys have worked out so very well thus far,....
    Yeah too bad we didn't draft Mays at 18. The FO should really consult you before they make any decisions.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    It is hard for a rook to come in and call all the blitz pickups at center. A year at RG may be what he needs. But, I'm not so sure he'll beat out Essex. And, I'd hope that Urbik shows something this year. RG may be the best battle of training camp.
    I believe he beats Essex from day 1.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    Thank You. It was our Tight End Brunner that was a number one pick that season and we went on to the Super bowl with two rookie starters on offense. That's how I remember it. Wasn't Stai that good because he didn't seem to stick around long ? Who was our offensive line then and maybe not Stai at all ?

Jugs, John Jackson, Dermonti Dawson, Newberry, ??????????

was it Leon Searcy?

Searcy already bolted to the Jags for mega millions at the end of the 94 season. Searcy was Cowhers first draftpick. Duvall Love is the guy I'm thinking about. I'll tell you what, " in the early to mid 90's are offensive lines were brutal on the defenses.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It is hard for a rook to come in and call all the blitz pickups at center. A year at RG may be what he needs. But, I'm not so sure he'll beat out Essex. And, I'd hope that Urbik shows something this year. RG may be the best battle of training camp.
    If he can't beat out Essex, he is a bad pick. Essex was one of the worst starting RGs in the NFL, according the grading system on ProFootBallFocus.

I think they should cut Essex personally. But Pouncey should beat him out with a blindfold on and his shoelaces tied together.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Dude, that horse is dead. REALLY dead.

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ah stats, you gotta love them. Where MSM when you need him.....Are you hiding on here under another name?
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile
    If he can't beat out Essex, he is a bad pick. Essex was one of the worst starting RGs in the NFL, according the grading system on ProFootBallFocus.

I think they should cut Essex personally. But Pouncey should beat him out with a blindfold on and his shoelaces tied together.
    Essex is valuable because he can play every position along the o-line except for center. When you are only dressing 7 OL on gameday, having a guy like that at your dispsoal is important. Similarly, Legursky provides value as a back-up since he can play center or guard, just like Essex can play tackle or guard. Those two should be our primary gameday back-ups. But, Essex should not be a starter in this league except in case of injury. Hopefully Pouncey or Urbik or Ramon Foster or Chris Scott step up and take a strangehold on the RG spot.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.