Thread: Wanna receive free text messages from the Steelers?

Legend

User Info Menu

Wanna receive free text messages from the Steelers?

would you like Steelers news info text messaged to you for free? my friend received a text yesterday from the Steelers telling him the pick was Pouncey before the pick was publicly announced by Goodell.

this is not bs, this is for real. simply text the word "STEELERS" to 94253 and you will be signed up. i did it yesterday after my friend told me about it and i got an immediate text back confirming i had signed up successfully.

standard text messaging rates do apply, but otherwise this is a free service provided by the Steelers.

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Wanna receive free text messages from the Steelers?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    would you like Steelers news info text messaged to you for free? my friend received a text yesterday from the Steelers telling him the pick was Pouncey before the pick was publicly announced by Goodell.

this is not bs, this is for real. simply text the word "STEELERS" to 94253 and you will be signed up. i did it yesterday after my friend told me about it and i got an immediate text back confirming i had signed up successfully.

standard text messaging rates do apply, but otherwise this is a free service provided by the Steelers.

I just signed up last night after my daughter knew the Steelers pick even before the 49ers took Iupati. She got the text just as the 49ers went on the clock for pick 17. How did that happen? I was watching it live.

Starter

User Info Menu

Songwhale.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Songwhale.

correct.

Songwhale delivers premium digital content to Steelers and Pirates fans

Like many of us, Songwhale first fell in love with Pittsburgh thanks to the Steelers.

Songwhale's co-founders, Ty Morse and John Greenlee, were living in Manhattan and Minneapolis when they started the company, which sends free digital content at events to fans' cell phones and other wireless devices. Shortly after a meeting with the Steelers about a possible partnership, Morse decided to relocate Songwhale's headquarters from Manhattan to Pittsburgh.

Songwhale opened offices in Lawrenceville this past summer, and has gone on to form partnerships with the Pittsburgh Technology Council and Carnegie Mellon's Entertainment Technology Center.

“We've grown ten times as fast in Pittsburgh,” says Morse. “It's been an amazing opportunity that no one would expect. The city has really been a catalyst.”

The Songwhale Network is supported by advertisers and free to users. It can be accessed by any device with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Direct-to-Device, or texting. Last season Songwhale brought exclusive player interviews, music and giveaways for free tickets and autographed footballs to fans at Heinz Field.

In the spring they'll provide a similar service at Pirates games and hope to introduce live video in the fall, similar to what Yinzcam does for the Penguins.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I signed up for these last night after hearing that people learned of the picks before announced by the commish. I'm looking forward to having yet another source of Steelers news.