Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The "What I Would Have Done" Draft (My Real-Time Mock)

Re: The "What I Would Have Done" Draft (My Real-Time Mock)

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I would have gotten Kyle Wilson. Who picks a Center in the top 20? Only the Steelers apparently. Not a bad player, but a bad value, IMO.

After watching our DB fall apart last year without Troy, it would have been better to have a playmaker in the DB.

iagree with ur thought about playemakers in the defensive back field.

but, maybe the thinking was there isn't really a quality benter after pouncey in this draft.

CB is said to be deep this year, so i can see their reasoning
    Maybe the Steelers really like AOA and will be content to wait until Rd. 3 or move up a little in Rd. 3 to get their corner?

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Pouncey represents good value when you compare him to Center #2 & #3 etc. The drop-off is quite significant.

The 2nd level CB's are not that far behind the Top Tier, so waiting until Round 2-3 isn't a bad thing.

Not many LB's went off the board, and the rush for NT's never eventuated in Round 1, so there is some decent value in Round at this point. WR is also strong in Round 2.

Pouncey was never Chadman's top pick, but if he can upgrade what was a significantly poor area of the team, Chadman can hardly complain with any conviction.

Shame it's kinda a gay name though...hardly fear enticing! POUNCEY! Sounds like a kitten came in to play.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Hall of Famer

People keep saying that drafting a back up at tackle is more value then a guy who can step on the field and probably start in year one. how exactly is that value? Pouncey filled a NEED and was the BPA (including charecter issues -- wilson and his DUI's...)
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    People keep saying that drafting a back up at tackle is more value then a guy who can step on the field and probably start in year one. how exactly is that value? Pouncey filled a NEED and was the BPA (including charecter issues -- wilson and his DUI's...)
    Bulaga would have completed for the starting spot at RG as a rookie.

Pouncey will compete for the starting spot at RG as a rookie.

That's similar value from the start right there.

The reason why I think that the #4 OT offers more value than the #1 C, is because top centers can typically be had in the late first round where we usually pick, but multiple tackles are typically off the board in the top half of the first round, so we rarely have a shot at a top prospect at OT (except when we are up here at #1.

I REALLY liked Alex Mack last year, but I preferred to trade up for Michael Oher when he fell within reach. This year, I like Pouncey, but when Bulaga fell into our laps without having to trade up or anything, that was my preference.

What happens if we are not able to sign Colon to a long term extension after his one year tender expires? It would have been nice to have Bulaga in our back pocket just in case such a scenario came to fruition.

If we have a decent season, we will not be able to draft a top OT prospect next year like LSU's Joseph Barksdale or Wisconsin's Gabe Carimi. But even if we won the Super Bowl and picked at #32, we should be able to take a solid center prospect like USC's Kris O'Dowd, Penn State's Stefen Wisniewski, or even Maurkice's twin brother Mike who is still at Florida for another year.

We better hope that after jettisoning Holmes (who would have been due for a huge payday if he did not screw everything up), there is enough money now to re-sign Colon, because if we lost him, we'd be in dire straits without any potential replacement that is even minimally competant.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Shame it's kinda a gay name though...hardly fear enticing! POUNCEY! Sounds like a kitten came in to play.
    It's not as gay of a last name as...ummm, I don't know, maybe...William GAY!!!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Bulaga would have completed for the starting spot at RG as a rookie.

Pouncey will compete for the starting spot at RG as a rookie.

That's similar value from the start right there.

The reason why I think that the #4 OT offers more value than the #1 C, is because top centers can typically be had in the late first round where we usually pick, but multiple tackles are typically off the board in the top half of the first round, so we rarely have a shot at a top prospect at OT (except when we are up here at #1.

I REALLY liked Alex Mack last year, but I preferred to trade up for Michael Oher when he fell within reach. This year, I like Pouncey, but when Bulaga fell into our laps without having to trade up or anything, that was my preference.

What happens if we are not able to sign Colon to a long term extension after his one year tender expires? It would have been nice to have Bulaga in our back pocket just in case such a scenario came to fruition.

If we have a decent season, we will not be able to draft a top OT prospect next year like LSU's Joseph Barksdale or Wisconsin's Gabe Carimi. But even if we won the Super Bowl and picked at #32, we should be able to take a solid center prospect like USC's Kris O'Dowd, Penn State's Stefen Wisniewski, or even Maurkice's twin brother Mike who is still at Florida for another year.

We better hope that after jettisoning Holmes (who would have been due for a huge payday if he did not screw everything up), there is enough money now to re-sign Colon, because if we lost him, we'd be in dire straits without any potential replacement that is even minimally competant.
    "He's Really That Good" - Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin on Maurkice Pouncey

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

Hall of Famer

and RB when was the last time that we drafted a C that worked out (remember they were all later round picks...)

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I would have gotten Kyle Wilson. Who picks a Center in the top 20? Only the Steelers apparently. Not a bad player, but a bad value, IMO.

After watching our DB fall apart last year without Troy, it would have been better to have a playmaker in the DB.
    In the comments section of his blog D.Lolley says Wilson has 3 DUIs. Not really the message the FO is trying to send.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/www...nes/index.html

can you show me anywhere that it says Kyle Wilson has had 3 DUIs? Wilson got himself suspended for 3 games in 2007 but since his coaches have said he's become a team leader...no DUIs though.

are you possibly confusing Kyle Wilson with Carlos Dunlap?

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

But Willie Gay doesn't stand bent over in front of Ben all day long....
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Hall of Famer

But Willie Gay doesn't stand bent over in front of Ben all day long....
    chadman are you saying that Ben may Sexually Assault Pouncey?

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining