Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jon Dwyer highlights

Jon Dwyer highlights

Wow, this guy looks very good
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3rmS4fh-z4

I'm very happy to get him in the 6th Rd. But, HOW, did he fall that far? The failed drug test was due to prescription meds for ADD, so that should not have had anything to do with it. His combine times were slow, but doesn't he remind you of Emmitt Smith in these highlights?

Re: Jon Dwyer highlights

I really like this pick if he can put it together in the pro's. One article I read, said he has no second gear? Looks like he does on that video? I read another article that some teams took him off there draft board? That kind of scares me after this offseason.

I read here http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Dwy ... ncern.html that he had a broken toe at the combine. Great highlight video and you definately could see why he has been compared to Emmitt.

I don't care about a guys 40 time ... most of these fast guys can't translate their speed on the field.
    Dwyer runs a lot like Barry Foster did if you ask me. Foster had a lower center of gravity but Dwyer has a lot of strength and balance. He seems to have good hands too.

For a 6th round pick, i'm all for it.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jj28west
    I read here http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Dwy ... ncern.html that he had a broken toe at the combine. Great highlight video and you definately could see why he has been compared to Emmitt.
    Wow, good read. That article even makes me feel better. The author having Dwyer as the #1 RB in the draft, a Patsie fan hoping he drops to them in Rd. 2 at pick 44 or 48 and the Browns fan who wrote a letter to the Browns' FO telling them they need to pick Dwyer or they will rot in the AFC North cellar because they can't grind the ball when they have a lead.

Wait, what? The Steelers website has his age listed as 20?

Wow. Can't wait til he matures, lol.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk
    Wait, what? The Steelers website has his age listed as 20?

Wow. Can't wait til he matures, lol.
    Timmons and Mendenhall were both 20 when we drafted them.

My only concern is that even the Steelers waited until the 6th round to get this guy.

I can see him returning kicks his first game! He's got power and speed.

Pro Bowler

He looks like a good pick. He looks like a player that won't last if he is placed on the PS. I hope the coaching staff thinks enough of him to make the 53.

Remember, at Georgia Tech he was consistently lined up only four yards behind the line of scrimmage, with his hand on the ground, and was asked to create with only minimum space to read the line and generate a burst out of his stance.

Now imagine how much more effective he can be lined up eight yards behind the line, with a fullback in front of him.
    Haha.
    Will we still be saying this next year. Save for goal line situations, we may NEVER KNOW.