Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sources: Roethlisberger deal extremely unlikely

Legend

User Info Menu

Sources: Roethlisberger deal extremely unlikely

Despite the Pittsburgh Steelers fielding phone calls from other teams about the availability of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger over the past couple of days, it is extremely unlikely a trade will occur, sources told ESPN.com on Thursday.

Multiple sources indicated the Steelers have not shopped Roethlisberger and have done nothing more than field phone calls. Many of the phone calls came during the course of normal conversations of teams just checking in with the Steelers to see whether they were willing to make other deals.

The conversations with other teams would be termed only preliminary, but with the draft starting Thursday night, there would not be time to put a deal together, and it's doubtful whether the Steelers would be willing to trade him at this stage.

An NFL source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Wednesday that the Steelers have begun contacting teams about trading a top-10 pick for Roethlisberger. The Steelers have called the Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, Seahawks and Browns, according to the source, but another source told Schefter on Thursday that Pittsburgh did not initiate contact with any teams.

Roethlisberger was suspended for six games by commissioner Roger Goodell, but he has a chance to return after four games if he fulfills a checklist of obligations presented to him by the commissioner.

espn.com
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Sources: Roethlisberger deal extremely unlikely

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

<looks at third line of smileys>

Bartender, I need 7 shots of tequila!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good...

I wasn't looking forward to telling my 5 year old that the player that wears one of his favorite jerseys doesn't play for the Steelers.

Now, go to some AA meetings...Settle down with one of those fine POA we all are jealous of...And make me & the Steelers proud again.

I'll put a reserve sign on that pedestal but I can't hold it forever!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII

<looks at third line of smileys>

Bartender, I need 7 shots of tequila!
    Check their ID'S!!!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This past week has been a whirlwind, especially the past 36 hours. I hope this is accurate

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben just needs to find himself a smoking hot cougar. She will let him do whatever he wants to her and probably teach him some new tricks and drive him to practice when they are done. I'm not kidding. Find some chick about 45 and smoking hot to roll with dude.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

That third line ... those were the chicks instructed to take Ben's shots, right?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

All you female dogs take my shots...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112

All you female dogs take my shots...
    Way to keep it clean, Jom