Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tweet from Wexell, Scout Insider for Steelers

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Tweet from Wexell, Scout Insider for Steelers

jimwexell Wouldn't be surprised if Ben traded after talking to source. Could be KC. #Steelers' brass absolutely adores Suh, so that'd put em in range.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Tweet from Wexell, Scout Insider for Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    jimwexell Wouldn't be surprised if Ben traded after talking to source. Could be KC. #Steelers' brass absolutely adores Suh, so that'd put em in range.
    I just want this to be over!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

bs
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

How in the hell would trading up to #5 put them in range for Suh?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

It wouldn't.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Here's a post on a subscribers-only forum from Wexell as well....

The Deuce didn't need input. There's a lot of crap flying around about Ben, locker room stuff too. Rooneys are furious. I talked to a guy with another team who thinks Goodell did Tomlin a favor by giving him a voice now over Ben. Tomlin will be in charge of the team for the first time and it may actually help. But I'm hearing Rooneys definitely want him gone.

Don't know who the 'Deuce' is, he's referring too....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    How in the hell would trading up to #5 put them in range for Suh?
    I know nothing about draft points, but what's the difference between the 5th and 2nd slots?? Could it be our 18th, the 5th, and a couple other rounds to trade with Detroit?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Also, if it's KC, didn't they give Matt Cassell a big contract last year?? It makes no sensse, but wanted to report anyway

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Jesus, I was going to say something like trading Ben would ruin my off-season/season but then pulled back and tried to actually evaluate the effects of that move. I'd be beside myself and probably just sit and stare at the TV in disbelief for what would seem like forever. It BETTER NOT happen and if for some terrible reason it does it better be for more than just KC's first round draft choice.

Although if the Rooney's absolutely want him gone I'm at a loss because I've always felt they did what was best for the team. I just can't imagine a Steeler team without Big Ben behind center.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    bs

I'm with you on this-

KC spent a rack of loot on Cassel- I don't see them making a move for Ben.

right now we have a ton of disinformation and posturing going on.

Teams that should be, and likely are, interested are giving all kinds of smokescreens through the media.

I mean, come on, Buffalo is not interested?!?? whatever.

That team has little to no relevance anymore- Ben would dramatically improve them, and put butts in the seats.

St. Louis??? Are you kidding me? Same thing as Buf.

I have no idea if Ben will be traded or not, at this point, but we know there are plenty of teams that would benefit from having him.

The question, of course, is what are they willing to give up?