Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tweet from Wexell, Scout Insider for Steelers

Re: Tweet from Wexell, Scout Insider for Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    Here's a post on a subscribers-only forum from Wexell as well....

The Deuce didn't need input. There's a lot of crap flying around about Ben, locker room stuff too. Rooneys are furious. I talked to a guy with another team who thinks Goodell did Tomlin a favor by giving him a voice now over Ben. Tomlin will be in charge of the team for the first time and it may actually help. But I'm hearing Rooneys definitely want him gone.

Don't know who the 'Deuce' is, he's referring too....
    the 'Deuce' is Art II. Wexell is pretty on it with his reporting. This is the first time I have really heard him start mentioning that a trade is possible. Up to this point he has stated that the Rooney's were furious but that they would not trade Ben. For him to be reporting this it is probably true they are trying to shop Ben.

It is really starting to look like Ben is too toxic for the rest of the NFL at this point.
    This is the first time there has been a twitter for the draft. It's ruining credibilty. I don't trust anything that people "tweet".
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    It BETTER NOT happen and if for some terrible reason it does it better be for more than just KC's first round draft choice.
    What if they give us Cassell & their 1st round pick?

Prior to today, I was at peace with Big Ben being traded. Now that the draft is approaching, I hope to God it doesn't happen!!!!

Legend

A tarnished Roethlisberger is better than any QB you could find in the next 5 years. Let him redeem himself and don't make a stupid trade out of wounded pride or bruised ego.

Remember, it is darkest before the dawn. I'm banking on the dawn of a better Ben.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    A tarnished Roethlisberger is better than any QB you could find in the next 5 years. Let him redeem himself and don't make a stupid trade out of wounded pride or bruised ego.

Remember, it is darkest before the dawn. I'm banking on the dawn of a better Ben.
    I agree..... I bet he comes back fired up to prove his worth to the team and fans. There's some fans he'll never win back over, but most should be cheering him by the time the playoffs come around. If not sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

I agree..... I bet he comes back fired up to prove his worth to the team and fans. There's some fans he'll never win back over, but most should be cheering him by the time the playoffs come around. If not sooner.
    Yes, my hope is that Ben is truly a changed man...or will be very soon and that he does come back with a renewed enthusiasm for the game as the QB of the Steelers! BUT, if he is not a changed man or sees no reason to change, then I'm with Shawn, KICK HIM IN THE PANTS!

Pro Bowler

A year from now there will be no mention of any of this.

Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    I'm starting to get upset to my stomach again. I seriously can't take this.
    Ditto.

For what it's worth, La Canfora is reporting on the NFL Network that there is NO TRADE in the works for Roethlisberger. He said that the ONLY call the Steelers ever made was to St. Louis for the #1 overall. The Raiders were the only other team who contacted the Steelers but the Steelers shut that down.

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis
    For what it's worth, La Canfora is reporting on the NFL Network that there is NO TRADE in the works for Roethlisberger. He said that the ONLY call the Steelers ever made was to St. Louis for the #1 overall. The Raiders were the only other team who contacted the Steelers but the Steelers shut that down.
    That sounds logical. Now let's move on and keep Ben!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Eddie,

Do whatever to the TV. But, leave that dog alone!

interesting that you also have an OT taken in Rd. 2 and Saffold is a very good one...

problem is that Saffold will never make it to our pick at #52, we would have to trade up for him.