Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Thursday is over and Ben isn't traded, are we safe?

Legend

User Info Menu

If Thursday is over and Ben isn't traded, are we safe?

?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: If Thursday is over and Ben isn't traded, are we safe?

no, we could still trade Ben for a 2nd rounder this year and something conditional next year...

sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make, here's hoping Ben remains a Steeler -
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd say we're safe....but then again I never thought Holmes would get traded for a 5th round pick, so what do I know.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The big problem in a Ben trade is that the perceived potential for !^&&@#%#$!@% up is HUGE ... on both sides. I simply don't think that the supply and demand sides can come to a meeting of the minds.

That being said, you do have a very good (implied) point. The biggest potential for a Ben trade involves the draft, especially given that the Steelers have historically valued draft higher than free agency.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

whether he stays or not, this year if he does play and he is playing well, are steeler fans going to gripe when manning, brady and brees get all the media attention, because I have heard enough of roethlisbergers name for the past 2 months....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No. If Lefty or Dixon play well and the Steelers come out of the suspension in a say 3-1 or 4-2 (depending on how long) I say he is back on the block.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My take on this, and it means close to nothing since my last name isn't Rooney, is this. . .

if we get through the first 10 picks and we do not here those six words, "We have a trade to announce" the chance of him getting moved goes way, way down.

If we make a pick at 18 that is not a QB, the chance of him getting dealt is as remote as can be.

If we get through the rest for the draft and no trade is announced, well, look for Ben to be under center for week 6.

Also, am I the only one who thinks people making a case for Dennis Dixon to be a quality starting quarterback for the Steelers and a suitable replacement for Ben after one start are smoking better weed than Santonio Holmes?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    No. If Lefty or Dixon play well and the Steelers come out of the suspension in a say 3-1 or 4-2 (depending on how long) I say he is back on the block.
    I see your reasoning, but regular season play and playoff play are two different things. FEW QBs have the performance under pressure that Ben does. It would also depends on WHY we go 3-1 or 4-2. If the D plays like it did in 08, stifling and giving up 11-12 points per game ....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    My take on this, and it means close to nothing since my last name isn't Rooney, is this. . .

if we get through the first 10 picks and we do not here those six words, "We have a trade to announce" the chance of him getting moved goes way, way down.

If we make a pick at 18 that is not a QB, the chance of him getting dealt is as remote as can be.

If we get through the rest for the draft and no trade is announced, well, look for Ben to be under center for week 6.

Also, am I the only one who thinks people making a case for Dennis Dixon to be a quality starting quarterback for the Steelers and a suitable replacement for Ben after one start are smoking better weed than Santonio Holmes?
    I agree ... anyone who thinks they can even evaluate Dixon after one game have been partaking in the ganja laced with some good sh!t
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher

I agree ... anyone who thinks they can even evaluate Dixon after one game have been partaking in the ganja laced with some good sh!t

its when people talk using their hearts more than their brain, no offense to anyone, I am the biggest steeler, pirate, penguin fan you will meet and i also think with my heart, but in reality dixon has really not shown us much other than he can run, I am not going to kid myself and say he is a franchise qb yet, just like how I am not going to kid myself and say holmes will not be missed and baltimore did not get better...