Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McNulty pulled her settlement offer

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

McNulty pulled her settlement offer

Sorry, can't find the link but this is out there this morning. McNulty's lawyer pulled the settlement offer of apology + 100K to a women's shelter.

They appear to be gearing up to use this Georgia incident in their case (not that that's a surprise or anything).
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: McNulty pulled her settlement offer

Don;t know how that'll work, because the Georgia thing is over with. I'm sure there has already been a settlement and that all parties must keep everything confidential- 1 condition from a settlement.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    Don;t know how that'll work, because the Georgia thing is over with. I'm sure there has already been a settlement and that all parties must keep everything confidential- 1 condition from a settlement.
    There was no confidentiality settlement in Georgia. Charges weren't filed, so 500+ pages worth of G.B.I. reports became public record.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Need an attorney to comment on this but I don't think a settlement can be used as a shield from testifying in a civil trial brought by a third party. Additionally, police reports are in the public domain and could be introduced as evidence.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was referring to any civil settlement that probably already took place.

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd be really interested in phillyesq's opinion, but I would think it would be very difficult to get the Georgia report admitted as evidence in Nevada.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I'd be really interested in phillyesq's opinion, but I would think it would be very difficult to get the Georgia report admitted as evidence in Nevada.
    Probably not difficult to admit the GA report. The GA issue probably strengthen their case. They will point to the behavioral/character issues that Ben displayed in those circumstances. They may point to the counseling that Ben will receive.

Why would Ben put himself in that situation with a pending case?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Probably not difficult to admit the GA report. The GA issue probably strengthen their case. They will point to the behavioral/character issues that Ben displayed in those circumstances. They may point to the counseling that Ben will receive.

Yes. There is a lesson to be learned here. If you have sex with a woman and then she flips out on you, does all kinds of crazy, irrational things and eventually brings a civil suit against you since you won't be her boyfriend then your next step should be to lock your doors and sit home until it all goes away.

It is absolutely NOT ok to go out to a bar with friends and bodyguards.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8

Yes. There is a lesson to be learned here. If you have sex with a woman and then she flips out on you, does all kinds of crazy, irrational things and eventually brings a civil suit against you since you won't be her boyfriend then your next step should be to lock your doors and sit home until it all goes away.

That is what ticks me off the most about Ben. Knowing what he knew with the McNulty deal, don't you think that when he was in the bathroom with the girl, he could have thought, "Hmm, maybe this isn't a good idea."

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8

That is what ticks me off the most about Ben. Knowing what he knew with the McNulty deal, don't you think that when he was in the bathroom with the girl, he could have thought, "Hmm, maybe this isn't a good idea."
    How do you know he was actually in the bathroom with her?

Answer: you don't.

That is what ticks me off about many people who automatically assume simply because one of the accuser's friends said she thought her friend was in the bathroom with Ben.