Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben to Raiders???

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Ben to Raiders???

Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy
    Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Honestly, I wouldn't expect anything more than a 2nd round pick. Like I said before, we are not the Patriots. We don't trade well.
    You meant a fifth, right?

Honestly, that horse is REALLY dead. Move on.
    No sarcasm there. I was actually being serious. And am seriously worried when Friday comes around and the 2nd round starts.
    Is this before or after you put down the pot brownies and magic mushrooms? If Big Ben goes for a 2nd I'll lose all faith in the Steelers organization. Talk about throwing away the franchise.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Honestly, I wouldn't expect anything more than a 2nd round pick. Like I said before, we are not the Patriots. We don't trade well.
    You meant a fifth, right?

Honestly, that horse is REALLY dead. Move on.
    No sarcasm there. I was actually being serious. And am seriously worried when Friday comes around and the 2nd round starts.
    Regardless of how inept you see their trading skill, there is no way that will happen. Heinz would get burned to the ground if Ben was traded for a second round pick.

Backup

User Info Menu

Regardless of how inept you see their trading skill, there is no way that will happen. Heinz would get burned to the ground if Ben was traded for a second round pick.
    I'm probably one of the people on this board more willing to see Ben traded... but I'll be handing out torches if all we get is a 2nd

Starter

User Info Menu

John Clayton is reporting that the Steelers are getting lowballed in offers, and that they are DESPERATE to move him.

2nd round pick, or a swap of firsts.

Like I said, if this were the Patriots, no one would dare to offer anything but 2 firsts and a 1st next year. But the way the Steelers are handling this, and their track record or lack thereof in trading (before and after Holmes)..

I'm worried.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Backup

User Info Menu

John Clayton is reporting that the Steelers are getting lowballed in offers, and that they are DESPERATE to move him.

2nd round pick, or a swap of firsts.

Like I said, if this were the Patriots, no one would dare to offer anything but 2 firsts and a 1st next year. But the way the Steelers are handling this, and their track record or lack thereof in trading (before and after Holmes)..

I'm worried.
    Link?

It's not like I doubt you or anything -- everyone here just seems to get this information way faster than me, and I'd like in on the pipeline

If the Steelers are really willing to take this, it'd be a shocker... of course, perhaps the team knows Ben has some other skeletons in the closet... it's very possible.

I think that if (and that's a big if) the team is willing to take such a low offer, they absolutely must know something we don't. It all just doesn't add up unless this is the case, IMHO.

Of course, if the team was willing to take a 2nd for him, I think he'd already be gone...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't see how the Steelers can be "desperate" to trade him. I'd rather he never play again then to just give him away. This is ridiculous. There are at least 25 other teams that would be instantly better with Ben at QB.