Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if Dixon Goes 4-0?

Legend

User Info Menu

What if Dixon Goes 4-0?

Wonder what will happen if Dennis Dixon goes 4-0 to start the season?

Will Tomlin stick with him?

I get this impression that Pittsburgh hates Ben now. I've never had a sour taste like this leading up to the draft.

This is supposed to be the most exciting time of the year. But it sucks

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: What if Dixon Goes 4-0?

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Wonder what will happen if Dennis Dixon goes 4-0 to start the season?

Will Tomlin stick with him?

I get this impression that Pittsburgh hates Ben now. I've never had a sour taste like this leading up to the draft.

This is supposed to be the most exciting time of the year. But it sucks

It does suck and if Dixon goes 4-0 I think he's rewarded for going 4-0. Tough situation tho because you certainly don't want to keep the franchise waiting in the wings but you also don't want to hinder development or confidence with Dixon. Tough, tough situation and I agree about the sour taste. I'm always pumped for the draft and this sours it all.

Legend

User Info Menu

What if I could sh1t bricks of gold?

I'm sorry, I just don't see it happening. In the Ravens game, Dixon was very protected. Late in the game, when he had to pass, the Ravens played a very simple cover 2 defense, and he didn't know what to do with it. Dixon may develop someday, and he could be useful as a backup or in special packages, but I'd be shocked if he could come in and be a successful starter this season.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    What if I could sh1t bricks of gold?

I'm sorry, I just don't see it happening. In the Ravens game, Dixon was very protected. Late in the game, when he had to pass, the Ravens played a very simple cover 2 defense, and he didn't know what to do with it. Dixon may develop someday, and he could be useful as a backup or in special packages, but I'd be shocked if he could come in and be a successful starter this season.
    Yeah, but how many thought Ben could do it in 2004? There is always a chance.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Assuming the Rooneys have already made the decision to not trade Ben, I don't think
    he'll be standing on the sideline after a 4-0 start by Dixon/Leftwich.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Won't happen. We will be lucky to be 2-2.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

All I know is we need to institute the wildcat this season with Dixon at the helm.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers won't go 4-0 with Dixon.

It's hard enough for them to go 4-0 with Ben. They just aren't that good without his improvisational skills folks!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    All I know is we need to institute the wildcat this season with Dixon at the helm.
    Denis Dixon would never hold up to the punishment of running a wild cat O.

If anything you'd run a spread option O with him as Oregon did - and the Steelers with Kordell.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dixon has to beat out Leftwich first, in my opinion Lefty is the starter on Opening Day.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha