Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: What if Dixon Goes 4-0?

  1. #1
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,233

    What if Dixon Goes 4-0?

    Wonder what will happen if Dennis Dixon goes 4-0 to start the season?

    Will Tomlin stick with him?

    I get this impression that Pittsburgh hates Ben now. I've never had a sour taste like this leading up to the draft.

    This is supposed to be the most exciting time of the year. But it sucks

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,086

    Re: What if Dixon Goes 4-0?

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Wonder what will happen if Dennis Dixon goes 4-0 to start the season?

    Will Tomlin stick with him?

    I get this impression that Pittsburgh hates Ben now. I've never had a sour taste like this leading up to the draft.

    This is supposed to be the most exciting time of the year. But it sucks

    It does suck and if Dixon goes 4-0 I think he's rewarded for going 4-0. Tough situation tho because you certainly don't want to keep the franchise waiting in the wings but you also don't want to hinder development or confidence with Dixon. Tough, tough situation and I agree about the sour taste. I'm always pumped for the draft and this sours it all.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,929

    Re: What if Dixon Goes 4-0?

    What if I could sh1t bricks of gold?

    I'm sorry, I just don't see it happening. In the Ravens game, Dixon was very protected. Late in the game, when he had to pass, the Ravens played a very simple cover 2 defense, and he didn't know what to do with it. Dixon may develop someday, and he could be useful as a backup or in special packages, but I'd be shocked if he could come in and be a successful starter this season.

  4. #4

    Re: What if Dixon Goes 4-0?

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    What if I could sh1t bricks of gold?

    I'm sorry, I just don't see it happening. In the Ravens game, Dixon was very protected. Late in the game, when he had to pass, the Ravens played a very simple cover 2 defense, and he didn't know what to do with it. Dixon may develop someday, and he could be useful as a backup or in special packages, but I'd be shocked if he could come in and be a successful starter this season.
    Yeah, but how many thought Ben could do it in 2004? There is always a chance.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,406

    Re: What if Dixon Goes 4-0?

    Assuming the Rooneys have already made the decision to not trade Ben, I don't think
    he'll be standing on the sideline after a 4-0 start by Dixon/Leftwich.

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,828

    Re: What if Dixon Goes 4-0?

    Won't happen. We will be lucky to be 2-2.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

    2014 Draft

    1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

  7. #7

    Re: What if Dixon Goes 4-0?

    All I know is we need to institute the wildcat this season with Dixon at the helm.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: What if Dixon Goes 4-0?

    Steelers won't go 4-0 with Dixon.

    It's hard enough for them to go 4-0 with Ben. They just aren't that good without his improvisational skills folks!!

  9. #9
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    888

    Re: What if Dixon Goes 4-0?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    All I know is we need to institute the wildcat this season with Dixon at the helm.
    Denis Dixon would never hold up to the punishment of running a wild cat O.

    If anything you'd run a spread option O with him as Oregon did - and the Steelers with Kordell.

  10. #10
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,095

    Re: What if Dixon Goes 4-0?

    Dixon has to beat out Leftwich first, in my opinion Lefty is the starter on Opening Day.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •