Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 GAMES

Backup

User Info Menu

6 GAMES

[url="http://www.nfl.com/"]http://www.nfl.com/[/url]
    Breaking news.
    NFL suspends Roethlisberger 6 games
    Ben Roethlisberger has been suspended for 6 games for violation of the NFL's personal-conduct policy

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: 6 GAMES

Bull F******n S***!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Season is over before it even begins.

Ed Buchette reporting that one team picking inside the top 10 is shopping for a QB.

NFL=
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73

Ed Buchette reporting that one team picking inside the top 10 is shopping for a QB.

NFL=
    No
    F******
    Logic

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Reporting on NFLN is that the suspension could be lessened OR extended depending on Ben's behaviour between now and the start of the season. Also stated Ben can NOT take part of ANY team functions (including OTAs) until after a behaviour assessment is completed

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73

NFL=
    So quick to through in the towel?? Disgraceful!!

This and any other Steeler's season is about more than just Ben. It's not
    Roethlisberger Nation.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Talk about the hammer coming down.

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought it would be from 1 to 4.

Ben has no one to blame but himself. I hope he gets the help he needs and makes him a better person. He should probably reconsider some of the "enablers" he hangs out with. He may need someone with a level head around that he will listen too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

National Football League

Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roetholisberger Wednesday that he 1) must undergo a comprehensive behavioral evaluation by medical professionals and 2) will be suspended without pay for the first six games of the regular season for conduct detrimental to the NFL in violation of the league’s Personal Conduct Policy.
    After consultation with Commissioner Goodell, Steelers President Art Rooney and the commissioner informed Roethlisberger by telephone today of the two-step approach that is designed to hold Roethlisberger accountable for his conduct and provide him an opportunity to change his behavior and establish himself as a responsible individual.
    In a letter to Roethlisberger, Commissioner Goodell said that Roethlisberger must adhere to any counseling or treatment that is recommended by the professional evaluators to help him make better decisions and avoid situations that can cause legal or other problems. A professional behavioral evaluation is mandatory for anyone that has violated the NFL Personal Conduct Policy. Roethlisberger may not attend any team off-season activity after today until he has completed the evaluation and the evaluating professionals confirm with the commissioner that Roethlisberger may resume football activities. If so cleared, Roethlisberger will be able to participate in training camp and preseason games this summer.
    The commissioner said he would review Roethlisberger’s progress under the plan prior to the start of the regular season and consider whether to reduce the suspension to four games. Failure to cooperate and follow the plan could result in a longer suspension, the commissioner added.
    “The Personal Conduct Policy makes clear that I may impose discipline ‘even where the conduct does not result in conviction of a crime’ as, for example, where the conduct ‘imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person’,” Commissioner Goodell stated in his letter to Roethlisberger. “As the District Attorney concluded, the extensive investigatory record shows that you contributed to the irresponsible consumption of alcohol by purchasing (or facilitating the purchase of) alcoholic beverages for underage college students, at least some of whom were likely already intoxicated. There is no question that the excessive consumption of alcohol that evening put the students and yourself at risk. The Personal Conduct Policy also states that discipline is appropriate for conduct that ‘undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.’ By any measure, your conduct satisfies that standard.”
    Commissioner Goodell said his review of the matter included the extensive volume of material released by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Milledgeville Police Department; public comments by and a private conversation with Georgia District Attorney Fred Bright; comments and recommendations of Roethlisberger’s representatives; a personal interview with Roethlisberger on April 13; dialogue with current players, former players, the NFL Players Association, and others; and information learned by the NFL office in the course of examining the Milledgeville matter.
    Other excerpts from Commissioner Goodell’s letter:
    “I recognize that the allegations in Georgia were disputed and that they did not result in criminal charges being filed against you. My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated Georgia law, or on a conclusion that differs from that of the local prosecutor. That said, you are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct in Milledgeville that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans.”
    “Your conduct raises sufficient concerns that I believe effective intervention now is the best step for your personal and professional welfare.”
    “I believe it is essential that you take full advantage of the resources available to you. My ultimate disposition in this matter will be influenced by the extent to which you do so, what you learn as a result, and a demonstrated commitment to making positive change in your life.”
    “In your six years in the NFL, you have first thrilled and now disappointed a great many people. I urge you to take full advantage of this opportunity to get your life and career back on track.”
    In addition to the discipline imposed on Roethlisberger, league policy requires that NFL teams remit to the league a portion of a suspended player’s salary starting with the second suspension in a year for violations of the personal conduct or drug policies. The second such suspension in a year results in the club being assessed 25 percent of the suspended player’s forfeited salary to a maximum of $200,000. Prior to the Steelers trading him to the New York Jets, wide receiver Santonio Holmes was suspended for four games for violating the substance abuse program.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sorry you feel that way^^^^ a few posts up^^^^

I am entitled to my thoughts.. 6 games without the franchise QB is just not good.

It's begin reported that the NFL Network news is still not official. The details will come down later and they are still reporting 4-6.

Hoping to see some lawsuits coming forthwith......

NFL=
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion