Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Shefter tweeting....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Adam Shefter tweeting....

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy
    If we trade Ben, and draft Offense, then I'm done. Our Offense will suck regardless without him.

So if you trade him, do it for Defense. And win that way. Eric Berry, Rolando McClain, Asomugha, etc.
    If they trade him, I'm done no matter. 40 years of being a fan down the drain until I recover from one of the worst moves in NFL history.
    I could see how you could say that if the move was made by Mike Brown, but you don't think the Rooney's know what they are doing?

I would trade owners in a heartbeat with you guys...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    @Adam_Schefter

Pittsburgh has begun contacting teams to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick. At least one team considering it. Story far from done.
    Wow...
    I heard Cincy was offering their number 1 and golden boy Carson in exchange for Ben.
    Sure, but only if you take Mike Brown in the deal...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The 4 game suspension hurts his trade value, but it is not devastating. His recent behavior is what really hurts his value. The guy is under contract for 5 more years. So, the suspension really only effects a small portion of his availability.

I don't think he'll be traded, but those who want 2 #1s plus more are probably fooling yourselves. Ben is no longer worth that much. If he goes, we will have no chance to win a Super Bowl for at least 2 years.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If we trade Ben, and draft Offense, then I'm done. Our Offense will suck regardless without him.

So if you trade him, do it for Defense. And win that way. Eric Berry, Rolando McClain, Asomugha, etc.
    If they trade him, I'm done no matter. 40 years of being a fan down the drain until I recover from one of the worst moves in NFL history.
    I could see how you could say that if the move was made by Mike Brown, but you don't think the Rooney's know what they are doing?
    I have questioned them in the past for getting not re-signing Woodson and others. Also didn't like the 5th round pick for HOlmes. But if they get rid of Ben for a top ten pick, they've lost it IMO.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I hear a rumor that Ben was shopping Art Rooney around for alcohol shots at bars.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I just don't understand the whole "I'm done" statement with regard to being a Steeler fan. I may be miserable for years regarding any decision that would let my beloved Steelers go through some "LEAN" years... but I can't see supporting any other team. This has been my team since I first watched football and no matter what, it will stay my team.

Legend

User Info Menu

I can stomach a trade if it was for the Rams' #1 overall and the Steelers took Bradford. Anything else would be team suicide.

I don't think Leftwich, Dixon, and Batch strike fear into too many NFL defenses.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    I can stomach a trade if it was for the Rams' #1 overall and the Steelers took Bradford. Anything else would be team suicide.

I don't think Leftwich, Dixon, and Batch strike fear into too many NFL defenses.
    Ben is worth well more than this years #1 overall pick.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    I just don't understand the whole "I'm done" statement with regard to being a Steeler fan. I may be miserable for years regarding any decision that would let my beloved Steelers go through some "LEAN" years... but I can't see supporting any other team. This has been my team since I first watched football and no matter what, it will stay my team.
    I said I'd be done with football period, not just the Steelers. I would never root for another team. I hate the way the rules have changed and give the offense all the 'perks'. They're slowly ruining the sport for me and this would almost put me over the top.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If this helps..

@JasonLaCanfora

Steelers had very brief talk with Rams overweekend, but STL has no interest in Big Ben. Steelers hoped to get 1st overall pick..

As we reported exclusively last week. Steelrs open to dealing the QB, but no chance of moving to 1st overall. Trading Big Ben now almost...

impossible. Check out NFL.com for all the details and NFL Network as well.
    So if the Rams were open to it, then it might happen. But since they want Bradford, it doesn't look like there will be any trade for Ben. At least according to La Canfora...