Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Adam Shefter tweeting....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Adam Shefter tweeting....

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Quote Originally Posted by snarky
    r.e. the raiders

According to a Contra Costa Times story that moved late last night, a Raider employee told the newspaper that they called Pittsburgh about a trade. The Raiders would give the Steelers their eighth pick in return for Big Ben and the Steekers' No. 18. Pittsburgh said no.
    [url="http://thehive.modbee.com/node/19018"]http://thehive.modbee.com/node/19018[/url]
    There were reports that the Steelers asked for Asomugha in that deal and the Raiders declined. I did see a report from a POS source, IMO, the trade was going through. Too much crap out there. I can't wait until tonight is over so my head could stop spinning.

[url="http://nflspinzone.com/2010/04/22/ben-roethlisberger-to-oakland-raiders-a-done-deal/"]http://nflspinzone.com/2010/04/22/ben-r ... done-deal/[/url]

Ben Roethlisberger to Oakland Raiders a Done Deal?
    AUTHOR: Derek Peiffer | IN: AFC | COMMENTS: 11 Comments

Could Big Ben be on his way to the Black Hole?
    According to “Kobe,” a former radio jockey in Pittsburgh, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Oakland Raiders have completed a deal, pending league approval, that would send suspended quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to Oakland for Nnamdi Asomugha and a swap of first-round picks.

Reports early this week had pointed to the Steelers openly shopping Roethlisberger, and even going as far to call teams with top 10 picks in Thursday’s NFL draft to gauge interest.

More specifically, Jason La Canfora of NFL Network, had hinted at trade talks heating up between the Steelers and Raiders, and they may have finally come to fruition.

After his most recent run-in with the law, Roethlisberger seemed to have fallen out of favor with not only the fans in Pittsburgh, but the almighty Rooney family which eats, sleeps, and breathes everything associated with Steeler football.

The deal, if true, would help both sides fill an immediate need, while allowing both to maintain a first-round pick to further help their team through the draft.

Oakland has been a team in shambles in recent years, and has been in search of a franchise quarterback since the departure of Rich Gannon. Roethlisberger fills that need, and allows Oakland to move on from the disaster that was Jamarcus Russell.

Meanwhile, the Steelers, who have had one of the less-than-stellar secondaries over the last few seasons, gain one of the best corners in the NFL (2nd best by my count) in Nnamdi Asomugha, while also ridding themselves of the dark cloud hovering over the franchise stemming from Roethlisberger’s recent behavior.

The move also allows them to move up ten slots, to the number eight pick, where they could get their hands on the next franchise quarterback in Jimmy Clausen.

It’s rare to trade a two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback, but it’s even more rare to replace him immediately, and the Steelers have a chance to do that here. It is a must for the Steelers to move Roethlisberger this off-season, and this may be the best deal they get to do so.

It’s also rare that you can trade for a franchise quarterback. Well, at least before this season with Donovan McNabb going to Washington. You don’t get these opportunities everyday so, if the rumors are true, both teams must jump at this chance
    I would really like to have Asomugha, but I'd also like to have more if we have to give up Ben. I'd hate it if we took Claussen at 8. I'm not sure who I would take there if we got Asomugha in the deal. Maybe McClain? Then use our 2nd Rd. pick on Tony Pike?

Backup

User Info Menu

I can't imagine the Rooney's trading Ben for Asomugha and 500 draft points.

Not to mention Asomugha's contract.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

According to “Kobe,” a former radio jockey in Pittsburgh, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Oakland Raiders have completed a deal, pending league approval, that would send suspended quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to Oakland for Nnamdi Asomugha and a swap of first-round picks.
    That is what burns me. If three days from now, Ben is still a Steeler, what consequences does Kobe (, they are now in the business of quoting former Pittsburgh radio personalities) face for leaking a story that the deal is a "done deal" There is very little backpeddling with that statement.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

See, this is why I refuse to believe anything from these guys. . .

Shefter starts with this yesterday . . .

@Adam_Schefter

Pittsburgh has begun contacting teams to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick. At least one team considering it. Story far from done.
    and goes to this today

source told Schefter on Thursday that Pittsburgh did not initiate contact with any teams.
    Thanks for all the hysteria, Adam. Maybe you should check for a second source before you try and be the first with a story, you fuggin moron.

Legend

User Info Menu

I am a Pittsburgh Steelers fan first.....

then I am a Ben Roethlisberger fan.....

team comes first, I support the team....QBs come and go.....

Starter

User Info Menu

his tweets are ahead of the broadcast....at least in my town.....