Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Adam Shefter tweeting....

Re: Adam Shefter tweeting....

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    There are a lot of people in this thread condemning a trade, that has not even happened yet.

I am 44 years old- and have been a Steeler fan since I've had congnicent memory.

Irrespective of what they do with Ben- I will still be a Steeler fan.

I'll tell you this- If they get rid of Ben- I'll be more proud about being a Steeler fan.

We don't know if a trade will happen yet, but as I, and others, have stated in other threads- I do believe it will.

Here is the trade that I see as most likely-

To the Raiders for Asamough (sp) and their 1st either this year or next- (I'd prefer next years first)
    possibly a conditional pick based upon performance and games played.

Why-

The Raiders are the perfect team for Ben.
    -Al Davis couldn't give a rip about any moral issues. It's all "just win baby".
    -Al wants a championship before he kicks the bucket.
    -Al does not know what the phrase "check down" means. He'd have a flipping woody watching Ben go for a home run every play.
    The fans don't care about trying to molest a 20 year old girl in the bathroom, either.

Nnamdi Asamough (sp) would be an amazing addition to the Steelers' D.
    Eff wasting a high round pick on a flawed (unproven) rookie CB class.
    1st two picks would be OLine and/or DLine.
    Go with Dixon & Lefty- for the year -see what you have in DD - who has all the physical skills.
    Go back to power football.
    If Dixon does not appear to be the future- use next years 2 first rounders (including the one acquired from OAK) to move up in the draft to get a QB.
    Next seasons' QB class is projecting much better than this years.

Thats it.

Make the team better- and eliminate a major PR issue.
    Ben's escapades are never going to be forgiven by many fans - or the owners.

edit- two other reasons why this makes sense.

Al desperately wants to dump the apx $30mil worth of salaries for Jamarcus Russell & Asamougha- this deal does that for him as well.
    The problem with Asamougha is the contract. I believe it states that he gets the franchise value of a QB, which is insane. If he had a reasonable contract, that could make more sense, but his contract is a killer.

Pro Bowler

@Adam_Schefter

Here are teams that Steelers have called about Roethlisberger: Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, Seahawks and Browns

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    There are a lot of people in this thread condemning a trade, that has not even happened yet.

I am 44 years old- and have been a Steeler fan since I've had congnicent memory.

Irrespective of what they do with Ben- I will still be a Steeler fan.

I'll tell you this- If they get rid of Ben- I'll be more proud about being a Steeler fan.

We don't know if a trade will happen yet, but as I, and others, have stated in other threads- I do believe it will.

Here is the trade that I see as most likely-

To the Raiders for Asamough (sp) and their 1st either this year or next- (I'd prefer next years first)
    possibly a conditional pick based upon performance and games played.

Why-

The Raiders are the perfect team for Ben.
    -Al Davis couldn't give a rip about any moral issues. It's all "just win baby".
    -Al wants a championship before he kicks the bucket.
    -Al does not know what the phrase "check down" means. He'd have a flipping woody watching Ben go for a home run every play.
    The fans don't care about trying to molest a 20 year old girl in the bathroom, either.

Nnamdi Asamough (sp) would be an amazing addition to the Steelers' D.
    Eff wasting a high round pick on a flawed (unproven) rookie CB class.
    1st two picks would be OLine and/or DLine.
    Go with Dixon & Lefty- for the year -see what you have in DD - who has all the physical skills.
    Go back to power football.
    If Dixon does not appear to be the future- use next years 2 first rounders (including the one acquired from OAK) to move up in the draft to get a QB.
    Next seasons' QB class is projecting much better than this years.

Thats it.

Make the team better- and eliminate a major PR issue.
    Ben's escapades are never going to be forgiven by many fans - or the owners.

edit- two other reasons why this makes sense.

Al desperately wants to dump the apx $30mil worth of salaries for Jamarcus Russell & Asamougha- this deal does that for him as well.
    The problem with Asamougha is the contract. I believe it states that he gets the franchise value of a QB, which is insane. If he had a reasonable contract, that could make more sense, but his contract is a killer.
    Yes indeed it is- but I bet he'd re-work it to get the heck out of OAK.

Not sure who his agent is- but I'd bet Omar does- and has been on the phone with him.

I'm not certain this will happen- lots of moving pieces and little time- but if that contract issue can be worked- this absolutely makes the most sense for all sides.

Sorry folks, Ben is no longer worth 2 first round pciks...

His talent says yes he is
    But he is damaged goods and any further bad behavior will end up with a 1 year suspension.

unfortunately, that reduces his value.

You can say then don't deal him since his talent value is such, but that doesn't necessarily protect the Rooneys from future violations.

This isn't your or my call...it's the Rooneys call and they are going to do a cost/benefit analysis.

I believe the Rooneys will be very pragmatic about this

Trade him piss off 20% of you lose 1% of that 20% because of it
    They lose little to no revenue on this
    In fact, they may stand to gain some support because of the "Rooney Culture"

Keep him piss off 80% lose 5% of that 80%
    potentially lose sponsorship revenue by keeping him (don't think the power of Women's groups won't potentailly affect this $$$$)
    Potentially invest more money in a guy that may be "wired" for self destructive behavior (paying him gobs of money as well as futher fines by the league)

That is what they will consider...I don't know Ben, I don't know if he is short circuited or not...but the Rooneys/Steelers would have a better idea than any of us.

A top ten may be a steal in their eyes, regardless of what we think.

Anyway, those of you who are pissed, most of you have said you won't stop being a Steelers fan if they move him. So that being said what besides your messageboard vitriol do the Rooneys have to lose with this?

btw, I don't think in the Rooneys eyes, potential playoff/SuperBowl revenue lost would be enough and none of us can guarantee that they won't make the playoffs if they trade him.

brothervad

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Trading Ben = Right of the Rooney's as owners

Trading Ben = at least several years of 7-9, 8-8 and 9-7 records

Trading Ben = Not really believing in redemption or that a person can become a better person after making a mistake

Trading Ben = Stupid
    we went 9-7 and 8- WITH Ben... I'm not knocking Ben, he is spectacular under pressure and was the key to our SB runs but I'm not going to over react and say will be bottome feeders without him.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    @Adam_Schefter

Here are teams that Steelers have called about Roethlisberger: Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, Seahawks and Browns
    as shawn pointed out,

the rams and bills called the steelers to say they weren't interested????? Whaaa?
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    I just don't understand the whole "I'm done" statement with regard to being a Steeler fan. I may be miserable for years regarding any decision that would let my beloved Steelers go through some "LEAN" years... but I can't see supporting any other team. This has been my team since I first watched football and no matter what, it will stay my team.
    $$$$$$$$$

I was a Steeler fan before Big Ben was born.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad
    Sorry folks, Ben is no longer worth 2 first round pciks...

His talent says yes he is
    But he is damaged goods and any further bad behavior will end up with a 1 year suspension.

unfortunately, that reduces his value.

You can say then don't deal him since his talent value is such, but that doesn't necessarily protect the Rooneys from future violations.

This isn't your or my call...it's the Rooneys call and they are going to do a cost/benefit analysis.

I believe the Rooneys will be very pragmatic about this

Trade him piss off 20% of you lose 1% of that 20% because of it
    They lose little to no revenue on this
    In fact, they may stand to gain some support because of the "Rooney Culture"

Keep him piss off 80% lose 5% of that 80%
    potentially lose sponsorship revenue by keeping him (don't think the power of Women's groups won't potentailly affect this $$$$)
    Potentially invest more money in a guy that may be "wired" for self destructive behavior (paying him gobs of money as well as futher fines by the league)

That is what they will consider...I don't know Ben, I don't know if he is short circuited or not...but the Rooneys/Steelers would have a better idea than any of us.

A top ten may be a steal in their eyes, regardless of what we think.

Anyway, those of you who are pissed, most of you have said you won't stop being a Steelers fan if they move him. So that being said what besides your messageboard vitriol do the Rooneys have to lose with this?

btw, I don't think in the Rooneys eyes, potential playoff/SuperBowl revenue lost would be enough and none of us can guarantee that they won't make the playoffs if they trade him.

brothervad
    If you think only 20% of us would be pissed if he was traded and 80% would be pissed if he stayed, you are seriously skewing things to fit your own opinion. As a matter of fact, I'd say you had the percentages backwards. You're a good guy vad, but you and all of the other fools with that "holier than thou" attitude who want Ben gone need to seriously STFU. It's idiocy on every level.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Trading Ben = Right of the Rooney's as owners

Trading Ben = at least several years of 7-9, 8-8 and 9-7 records

Trading Ben = Not really believing in redemption or that a person can become a better person after making a mistake

Trading Ben = Stupid
    we went 9-7 and 8- WITH Ben... I'm not knocking Ben, he is spectacular under pressure and was the key to our SB runs but I'm not going to over react and say will be bottome feeders without him.
    I always felt that the Steelers had a chance at a championship with Ben....I don't feel the same with Lefty, Dixon and Batch. They might not be bottom feeders but I'm not going to rush out and buy playoff tickets either.

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

"If the Steelers trade Ben, we'll lose games & I'll be upset & I'll never, ever, ever, ever support the Steelers or watch football again because I don't want to lose...blah...blah...blah..."

Geez. Chadman doesn't even live in the US & knows that PITTSBURGH fans are made of sterner stuff than that crap. That PITTSBURGH fans love the fact that a respectable family like the Rooney's run the organisation THEIR WAY & don't sell their soul Al Davis style for a win.

If this is how some of you truly feel, that trading Ben is the worst thing in the world & will make you stop watching football & being Steeler fans- see ya.

Suck it up, Buttercup. The Steelers are bigger than Ben, and will win without him. If it hurts you oh so much to watch poor Benny get his a$$ spanked for not respecting the Steeler organisation the same way as some of his team mates do, and the idea of watching the Steelers rebuild is all too much for your delicate psyche, and that winning trumps believing in an ideal that the Steelers are just 'better' than other organisations & won't whore their soul for a win- if that is all too much for your delicate little hearts- then go support the Patriots. I hear they win at all costs- it might suit your style of support better.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00