Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Shefter tweeting....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Adam Shefter tweeting....

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    If the minimum 4 game suspension is true - not only is that excessive but it also kills Ben's trade value (if that's true).

I hope this is nothing more than just due diligence to gauge interest and nothing really is to come of it.
    That's most likely what it is - something really juicy to get a feel for what people want and what they are willing to trade for/away. It's actually a good strategy for optimizing draft day trade up/down scenarios.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    If we ONLY get a top 10 pick, I'm going to be ticked beyond belief................

He's worth ATLEAST 2 firsts and more
    He's a miserable human being and a huge PR hit for any team that is looking to take him on. His perceived trade value is much higher than it actually is.

A top ten pick would be about all you could expect this year.

I really don't know why everyone is acting pissed and surprised. Hmmm, lets see...

1) There has been no comments about the case from Ben or the accuser since the decision to not bring charges. Can you say confidential settlement?

2) The Steelers and Goodell said it would be after the draft for the suspension. All of the sudden the decision comes the day before the draft.

3) The Steelers trade for Byron Leftwich two days before the draft.

4) The Rooney's traded Santonio Holmes for a Ham sandwich.

5) You can trade Ben this year without any cap issues.

6) The city hates BB right now and a lot of people would be happy with the Steelers for doing this.

The writing has been on the wall for a week now.
    I don't agree. And if anything his true trade value is higher than his perceived value right now.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Schefter is the one guy I believe. He doesn't put out things like this until he gets real confirmation.

If this was La Confora or michael lombardi or someone else, I would blow it off. Schefter I actually believe...
    Schefter said the NFL's decision was coming Mon or Tues, he was wrong.

Starter

User Info Menu

If we trade Ben, and draft Offense, then I'm done. Our Offense will suck regardless without him.

So if you trade him, do it for Defense. And win that way. Eric Berry, Rolando McClain, Asomugha, etc.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Schefter is the one guy I believe. He doesn't put out things like this until he gets real confirmation.

If this was La Confora or michael lombardi or someone else, I would blow it off. Schefter I actually believe...
    That's a good point. But what I think Jom is saying is that Schefter is sincere in his statements. Not sure I agree with Jom, but I think that's where Jom is coming from. I do think that with the draft drawing near the temptation to throw juicy morsels out there is very strong. So I can go along with Schefter being sincere by and large, but I would think he can be susceptible to juicy morsels with attention magnet events like the draft.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy
    If we trade Ben, and draft Offense, then I'm done. Our Offense will suck regardless without him.

So if you trade him, do it for Defense. And win that way. Eric Berry, Rolando McClain, Asomugha, etc.
    If they trade him, I'm done no matter. 40 years of being a fan down the drain until I recover from one of the worst moves in NFL history.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

@Adam_Schefter

Pittsburgh has begun contacting teams to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick. At least one team considering it. Story far from done.
    Wow...
    I heard Cincy was offering their number 1 and golden boy Carson in exchange for Ben.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Fair enough. I just believe Schefter when he says the Steelers are talking to teams in the top 10. Him and Jay Glazer are two guys that are usually right.

Doesn't mean Ben will be traded. Just that there are conversations going on between the teams...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jom is right about Shefter...He usually is dead on.

I don't think the Steelers would let this get out just to benefit them or make Ben feel threatened. Openly shopping a player is almost as bad as trading the player. The backlash will only hurt his value especially when his production falls off from frustration and losing his will to play at a high level. Not many players stay the same or elevate their production when they are being shopped.

I told many of you...Prepare yourself. There is still "Old Fashion" ownership at the helm...Morals are on a different scale in Pittsburgh.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy

If they trade him, I'm done no matter. 40 years of being a fan down the drain until I recover from one of the worst moves in NFL history.
    this is how i feel as well.