Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STEELERS ARE ON THE CLOCK!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: STEELERS ARE ON THE CLOCK!

Trade up with Tennessee to take Haden at 1.16.

Give up:

Our 1.18 pick is worth 900, 4.116 is worth 62, 5.155 is worth 29.4, and 6.188 is worth 16.2. That's 1007.6 points.

The Titans 1.16 is worth 1000 points and 7.222 is worth 2.6 points. That's 1002.6 points.

I'd be willing to sacrifice those 5 extra points if it would give us:

1.16 Joe Haden, CB, Florida
    5.164(c)
    5.166(c)
    7.242(c)

We get the top CB in the draft, both in terms of coverage ability as well as run support, keep both of our day two picks in a draft that is unusually strong in the second and third rounds, and still have 5 picks on day three (8 picks total).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Give up:

Our 1.18 pick is worth 900, 4.116 is worth 62, 5.155 is worth 29.4, and 6.188 is worth 16.2. That's 1007.6 points.

The Titans 1.16 is worth 1000 points and 7.222 is worth 2.6 points. That's 1002.6 points.

5.164(c)
    5.166(c)
    7.242(c)

We get the top CB in the draft, both in terms of coverage ability as well as run support, keep both of our day two picks in a draft that is unusually strong in the second and third rounds, and still have 5 picks on day three (8 picks total).
    I knew someone would be all over that trade. They could try to trade back in the 2nd to pick up a 4th if needed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Give up:

5.164(c)
    5.166(c)
    7.242(c)

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah is starting to look like the biggest and baddest CB in the draft. I think he's every bit as talented as Haden and his numbers jump off the chart.

Legend

User Info Menu

Iupati, Wilson, Graham or McCourty

Just say no to Pouncey!!!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy

Give up:

5.164(c)
    5.166(c)
    7.242(c)

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah is starting to look like the biggest and baddest CB in the draft. I think he's every bit as talented as Haden and his numbers jump off the chart.
    A.O.A. could be the next Ike Taylor (excellent athletic specimen from a small school to emerge as a top notch starting CB) or the next Ricardo Colclough (excellent athletic specimen from a small school to fall on his face when faced with the jump in competition from Division II to the NFL). I do like Owusu-Ansah (if he's available in the 3rd round, I'd be quite happy with that), but I don't think you can say he is every bit as talented as Haden at this point. Remember, A.O.A. faced WR's from Slippery Rock, Lock Haven, Clarion, and Kutztown, while Haden faced elite SEC WR's such as Julio Jones (Alabama), A.J. Green (Georgia), Brandon LaFell (LSU), etc. That's a HUGE difference.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Graham would be way too much value to pass on.

Wilson had some off the field issues...count him out.

Then I would say Pouncey, then Odrick and Iupati.
    Trolls are people too.