Pro Bowler

Re: Ben suspension: Four to Six games

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoscott
    it kind of burns me up that Jom was first to post this
    Yeah, but I'm going to stay out of this thread now...
    I'm sending someone over to Cinci to accuse Palmer of sexual assault. Plan to be without your starting QB for a few games this season.
    Now if you can just get Palmer to go to a redneck bar with an entourage, have him buy shots and announce that "all you bitches take my shots," and follow her (or him) into the bathroom alone, you have a solid plan.
    But those are just accusations of drunk girls. It looks like anything made up will work.
    I think you're missing the point. Do enough things to set a context/mood/atmosphere and the accusations have a lot more umph to them.

Legend

2 games is OK for most fans but 4 games is a travesty and rediefines the whole suspension process?

I'll chalk it up to emotion and hope a day or 2 calms people down. Right now Im reading about comparisons to Vick while ignoring the 2 seasons of absence and jail time. Now anyone accused of a traffic violation will need 4 games off... calm down people and realize the evidence in this case and the prior negative headlines are the reason for the harsh punishment.

The defenders who used the absence of a charge will never see this with clear eyes anyway.

Ben won't be randomly accused and if he is he better have witnesses and be in a clean environment that shows the chick is lying. If he is accused again and their is booze, a gas station bathroom and underage chickpeas in the area he is an idiot.

Once again... goldiggers have a job a to do and so does Ben... Ben has the money and power to control his surroundings. If he can't control the surroundings get the hell out of there.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I'll be at the Atlanta and Baltimore games, supporting Dixon or Leftwich or whoever. The team isn't giving up during the first month of the season. Fans shouldn't either.
    I agree.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    2 games is OK for most fans but 4 games is a travesty and rediefines the whole suspension process?

I'll chalk it up to emotion and hope a day or 2 calms people down. Right now Im reading about comparisons to Vick while ignoring the 2 seasons of absence and jail time. Now anyone accused of a traffic violation will need 4 games off... calm down people and realize the evidence in this case and the prior negative headlines are the reason for the harsh punishment.

The defenders who used the absence of a charge will never see this with clear eyes anyway.

Ben won't be randomly accused and if he is he better have witnesses and be in a clean environment that shows the chick is lying. If he is accused again and their is booze, a gas station bathroom and underage chickpeas in the area he is an idiot.

Once again... goldiggers have a job a to do and so does Ben... Ben has the money and power to control his surroundings. If he can't control the surroundings get the hell out of there.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I'll be at the Atlanta and Baltimore games, supporting Dixon or Leftwich or whoever. The team isn't giving up during the first month of the season. Fans shouldn't either.
    I agree.
    Just solidifying my plans for week 3... traveling to Tampa to watch Dixon carve up the Bucs D for 250+ yards and 3 TDs....

Pro Bowler

It will make it all the sweeter when we weather the early season storm as the rest of the team picks up the slack, the D is re-energized, Ben comes back and we ROLL into the playoffs! That is what I'm talkin' about!