Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ben suspension: Four to Six games

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Ben suspension: Four to Six games

OK-

At this point since something seems to be inevitable at this point I will reluctantly say:

with Oviedo's comments..... 2 games.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoscott
    it kind of burns me up that Jom was first to post this
    Yeah, but I'm going to stay out of this thread now...
    I'm sending someone over to Cinci to accuse Palmer of sexual assault. Plan to be without your starting QB for a few games this season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    I'm sending someone over to Cinci to accuse Palmer of sexual assault. Plan to be without your starting QB for a few games this season.

BREAKING!!! Hot Dog accuses Palmer of sexual assault. Goodell to decide on punishment. The hot dog has more credibility than the drunken sorority sister, Goodell better go for 8 games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Diito what Flippy said - horsesh!t.

And I posted on another board almost exactly what Oviedo said - this sets a bad precendent for players getting excessively punished based on unproven accusations. While the Uinion said Ben didn't invite them to the hearing I'm surprised they just allow this (of course, if it's true and 4 is the minimum).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    And why are they saying 4-6 with a chance to reduce it? Reduce it to what? Does that mean it is 6 with a chance to reduce it to four?
    Yes it is vague there. I think it means one of the following ...

4 games with ability to reduce
    5 games with ability to reduce
    6 games with ability to reduce

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Now if you can just get Palmer to go to a redneck bar with an entourage, have him buy shots and announce that "all you bitches take my shots," and follow her (or him) into the bathroom alone, you have a solid plan.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If true, flood his inbox

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Meh, some rest might do him some good...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Now if you can just get Palmer to go to a redneck bar with an entourage, have him buy shots and announce that "all you bitches take my shots," and follow her (or him) into the bathroom alone, you have a solid plan.
    But those are just accusations of drunk girls. It looks like anything made up will work.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    I hope these reports prove to be untrue. I can accept 2 games. Grudgingly. Anything more than that is bullsh!t.
    I tend to agree with that. Anything more than 2 games for what in reality has become a publicity black-eye is BS.

If ben toes the line and agrees to counseling then 2 games should be more than enough. If it is in fact a minimum of 4 games with no chance to reduce then that is overkill and IMO unfair.

The union should have real issues with a minimum of 4 because it sets a dangerous precedent that players only need to be accused of misconduct and the commish can suspend them.
    with both of you. A 2 game suspension to me says "Ben, you are an idiot. Straighten up before you are charged". A six game suspension, even reduced to 4 games, says "Ben, you are a sex offender and should register in every place you live".

My advice is if it's 2 games or less then accept it. If it's 4 games possibly reduced to 2 ... meh, a coin toss. Anything more than that --- FIGHT IT!!
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!