Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben suspension: Four to Six games

Pro Bowler

Re: Ben suspension: Four to Six games

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    IMO, he'll get the same suspension that Vick got. 6 games reduced to 2 if he stays out of trouble.
    didnt vick get 6 games reduced to 4? i also thought vick was suspended for all six games, maybe it was the fact he hardly played when his suspension was over. thats some justice huh. i guess being accused of sexual assault is equal to killing dogs. nice
    I thought Godell suspended him before the trial even started. And then during the trial and the plea bargain he didn't play. Then after he came back there was a 6 game suspension...

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    OK- Now what Vick did, convicted and everything is now = to this?

LOL

Vick served a couple of years in prison, and had to pay back a whole bunch of the money the Falcons had given him. In effect, he had a suspension of a couple of years. Fortunately, Ben is not looking at that kind of suspension.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    IMO, he'll get the same suspension that Vick got. 6 games reduced to 2 if he stays out of trouble.
    didnt vick get 6 games reduced to 4? i also thought vick was suspended for all six games, maybe it was the fact he hardly played when his suspension was over. thats some justice huh. i guess being accused of sexual assault is equal to killing dogs. nice
    I thought Godell suspended him before the trial even started. And then during the trial and the plea bargain he didn't play. Then after he came back there was a 6 game suspension...
    thanks thats what it was. i thought vick was suspended more than 4-6 but wasnt sure

Pro Bowler

Vick played in Week 3 against KC.

Legend

did i mention, hor$e$hit....

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I'll be at the Atlanta and Baltimore games, supporting Dixon or Leftwich or whoever. The team isn't giving up during the first month of the season. Fans shouldn't either.

Well put Ruthless. Can't just pull for the team when all the ducks are in a row. Real fans have to take their lumps.

For the past several years, I've known that the Steelers were going to be in Nashville this season. I live 2 hours away and this is as close as they come for me. In the last 12 hours, I've learned that Ben wont be apart of this game. Yes, it sucks & it gives me another reason to be mad at Ben. But that is life. I will go to the game and have a great time.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I'll be at the Atlanta and Baltimore games, supporting Dixon or Leftwich or whoever. The team isn't giving up during the first month of the season. Fans shouldn't either.
    i agree. it doesnt matter to me who is at qb i will still watch every play and im going to plan on making a trip to the burgh to see dixon or lefty start against the ravens

Legend

Sounds fair to me. This isn't about guilt or being there to witness the crime. It's about the same guy being accused of the same thing 2 consecutive offseasons.

Those who refuses to acknowledge this are mimmicking the demeanor of athletes who get suspensions for failing to change their behavior off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    I thought Goodell suspended him before the trial even started. And then during the trial and the plea bargain he didn't play. Then after he came back there was a 6 game suspension...
    Vick was suspended indefinitely by Goodell once he plead guilty to the charges brought against him. They then let the courtroom proceedings play out, Vick served his time and then Goodell added 6 more games that could be reduced to 2 with good behavior.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Report: Roethlisberger expected to get 4-6 game suspension
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 21, 2010 10:34 AM ET
    Ben Roethlisberger is expected to be suspended 4-6 games for violating the NFL personal conduct policy, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter.

The conditional suspension will be a minimum of four games. ESPN expects it to be a six-game suspension that can be reduced two games based on Roethlisberger's behavior and compliance with clinical evaluators. Counseling may wind up being part of the deal, in addition to possible random alcohol testing.

The Steelers were reportedly bracing for an eight-game suspension, so this news may come as a small relief.

If Roethlisberger were to miss four games, he could return to the team after a Week Five bye. Pittsburgh's first four lucky opponents: Atlanta, Tennessee, Tampa Bay, and Baltimore.

Roethlisberger is expected to accept the punishment without appeal, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin