Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steelers have received trade feelers for Ben

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers have received trade feelers for Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 20, 2010 9:39 PM ET

As the Pittsburgh Steelers and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger wait to find out the number of games for which Roethlisberger will be suspended to start the 2010 season, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the team has "received trade feelers" from other team, and that the Steelers have not ruled out trading Roethlisberger.

Though the Steelers are far from engaging in a Santonio-style fire sale, Dulac writes that "the possibility Roethlisberger could be traded, provided the price is right, is not being discounted by the team."

The belief in some circles is that, while the Steelers aren't inclined to trade Roethlisberger, they're hoping to scare him straight with, for example, a potential trade to a team like the Raiders. And so throughout the first round of the 2010 draft on Thursday night, Roethlisberger likely will be braced for the Commissioner to announce that there has been a trade, and that the Steelers are now on the clock.

That said, we think that both sides would benefit from a fresh start, given that Roethlisberger has acquired pariah status in the eyes of many Pittsburghers -- and that it could be a long time before he ever begins to reclaim his image.

profootballtalk.com
    Don't Bouchette and Dulac write for the same paper? In his latest chat Bouchette stated that the trade talk is getting out of hand and now his colleague is saying that the team is receiving "feelers" and keeping open the possibility of a trade.

What gives?

I think it's ridiculous. Any Steeler fan who is calling for this represents the epitome of intolerance and self-righteousness in my opinion. As stated, I'm all for a heavy fine, a 2-game suspension, and even counseling. I believe that anything beyond that is excessive and talk of trading Ben away without giving him a chance for redemption is just plain retarded.
    I just heard on ESPN radio that the Steelers are “considering trade options.” Has everyone forgotten the team diaspora that occurred during the “one for the thumb” epoch?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Haven't read this whole thread but wow!

The Steelers have begun contacting teams to see if they would be willing to trade a top 10 pick for Roethlisberger, an NFL source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
    [url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5121614"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5121614[/url]

This isn't the Steelers considering offers it is active solicitation of offers.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

I am starting to think a trade doesn't really even matter anymore. This season is sunk. The Ben cloud will hover over the Steelers all season. 2011 will probably be stopped because of a work stoppage (at least suspended). What is there to look forward to over the next couple of years? I really don't see much.

I am starting to become indifferent to this entire thing. The Steelers are not going anywhere in the near future.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    Colt McCoy? lol.

that would be how you keep me away from any steeler games this season lol. ben isnt going any where and he will clean up his act
    I think Colt will be garbage and I think Leflauver will be the best QB out of this draft...

one other thing...

The FO doesn't need to win SB's to make a ton of money.. we have had sellouts for years and went 25 years without a SB victory and most fans stuck it out.

We said the same thing about Art dying, Art Jr moving on, Noll leaving, Cowher leaving, Tomlin getting the job... BA staying.

Everytime we have a major change to the team it's doom and gloom happens but we always bounce back. Not saying we will win 2 more SB's in 4 years....
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I have to disagree Dizz. I believe Colt has the skills to be a very good NFL QB...reminds me alot of Brees.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I have to disagree Dizz. I believe Colt has the skills to be a very good NFL QB...reminds me alot of Brees.

honestly.... I can't remember one big time game where he has showed up. Same with Bradford.

Maybe I'm wrong but these 2 have scrub written all over them. I don't think his pro day was even big news.. but I'm a

I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    Colt McCoy? lol.

that would be how you keep me away from any steeler games this season lol. ben isnt going any where and he will clean up his act
    I think Colt will be garbage and I think Leflauver will be the best QB out of this draft...

one other thing...

The FO doesn't need to win SB's to make a ton of money.. we have had sellouts for years and went 25 years without a SB victory and most fans stuck it out.

We said the same thing about Art dying, Art Jr moving on, Noll leaving, Cowher leaving, Tomlin getting the job... BA staying.

Everytime we have a major change to the team it's doom and gloom happens but we always bounce back. Not saying we will win 2 more SB's in 4 years....
    I think Colt McCoy is going to be a bust, but that is just me.

Personally, I'd sit tight at QB this year- to see if DD can develop. If not, make a move to draft a qb next season when the draft class is projected as much better.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam
    I would love to know what the front office considers the right price.
    #8 overall this year, Nnamdi Asomugha, and next years first.

Anything outside of that, you let this die down, let Ben clean up his act, and win more super bowls.

Don't be ridiculous. 2 firsts and one of the top two corners in the game today? Even with a large suspension he's got lots of value because he's signed for so many more years, but expectations that high need to be toned down a bit or you might go off the deep end after they get another 5th to match Santonio's!