Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers have received trade feelers for Ben

Hall of Famer

Re: Steelers have received trade feelers for Ben

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    Colt McCoy? lol.

that would be how you keep me away from any steeler games this season lol. ben isnt going any where and he will clean up his act

Ben is not entitled to any "chance for redemption" from the Steelers. If they so choose to grant him that privilege, fine. But some of you write as though it is OWED to him.

Football is a multi-billion dollar business, and Ben is a multi-million dollar player. If the
    ownership of the Steelers feel as though it is in the best interest of their business to trade Ben, then that's their prerogative.

Of course, you are free to disagree, and whine and moan all you want. Isn't that one of the purposes of this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Ben is not entitled to any "chance for redemption" from the Steelers. If they so choose to grant him that privilege, fine. But some of you write as though it is OWED to him.

Football is a multi-billion dollar business, and Ben is a multi-million dollar player. If the
    ownership of the Steelers feel as though it is in the best interest of their business to trade Ben, then that's their prerogative.

Of course, you are free to disagree, and whine and moan all you want. Isn't that one of the purposes of this forum?
    Yes it is a business. Say goodbye to all that playoff revenue if Ben is dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8

"That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Exactly! This is a business and to make money you need to win. I have no problem with the FO listening to trade offers. They should listen to and evaluate trade offers for any player on the team. That is their job.

If they think they can make a trade involving Ben that will make the team more successful over the next 5 years then they should make it. I just don't know who can offer them something like that where they can say it is a sure thing ... or almost a sure thing.

I love Ben in the black and gold and I hope they keep him. He has taken this franchise to a level they haven't been to in a long time. But if they decide to trade him I will still be a Steeler fan.

Black n' Gold forever
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85

Exactly! This is a business and to make money you need to win. I have no problem with the FO listening to trade offers. They should listen to and evaluate trade offers for any player on the team. That is their job.

If they think they can make a trade involving Ben that will make the team more successful over the next 5 years then they should make it. I just don't know who can offer them something like that where they can say it is a sure thing ... or almost a sure thing.
    There is no such thing as a "sure thing," or even "almost a sure thing," whether we're talking about trading Ben OR keeping him.

What if, a few months down the road, Ben has another episode like the last one?
    Then he's looking at a YEAR suspension, or longer...and the Steelers are looking at ZERO trade value. With his history, I don't think anyone can say it's a "sure thing," or even "almost a sure thing" that Ben stays out of trouble.

I love Ben in the black and gold and I hope they keep him. He has taken this franchise to a level they haven't been to in a long time. But if they decide to trade him I will still be a Steeler fan.

Black n' Gold forever
    Whether we keep him or trade him, I, too, am committed to being a Steelers fan.

Pro Bowler

There is no such thing as a "sure thing," or even "almost a sure thing," whether we're talking about trading Ben OR keeping him.

What if, a few months down the road, Ben has another episode like the last one?
    Then he's looking at a YEAR suspension, or longer...and the Steelers are looking at ZERO trade value. With his history, I don't think anyone can say it's a "sure thing," or even "almost a sure thing" that Ben stays out of trouble.

Black n' Gold forever
    Whether we keep him or trade him, I, too, am committed to being a Steelers fan.
    Are you sure of that. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Pro Bowler

Garcia, Warner and Steve Young for example had a few concussions, but hung around a good while. Ben is considerably bigger.
    I do thing Ben's concussions may have contributed to his recent dumbness. Or at least he should be playing that aspect up more.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    Colt McCoy? lol.

If Ben goes, then McCoy is the one QB I want out of this draft
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    Garcia, Warner and Steve Young for example had a few concussions, but hung around a good while. Ben is considerably bigger.
    I do thing Ben's concussions may have contributed to his recent dumbness. Or at least he should be playing that aspect up more.
    I suppose we better hope he does not suffer any more concussions.