Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers have received trade feelers for Ben

Backup

Re: Steelers have received trade feelers for Ben

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73

And even 2 games is excessive in my opinion. If they run Ben out of town, I'm not going to any games this fall, and you all can have my tickets. This talk of trading a franchise QB is irresponsible.

cool....ill take those tix let me know!

Steelers Getting Trade Feelers on BB

Steelers have received trade feelers, haven't ruled out Big Ben deal
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 20, 2010 9:39 PM ET
    As the Pittsburgh Steelers and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger wait to find out the number of games for which Roethlisberger will be suspended to start the 2010 season, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the team has "received trade feelers" from other teams, and that the Steelers have not ruled out trading Roethlisberger.

Though the Steelers are far from engaging in a Santonio-style fire sale, Dulac writes that "the possibility Roethlisberger could be traded, provided the price is right, is not being discounted by the team."

The belief in some circles is that, while the Steelers aren't inclined to trade Roethlisberger, they're hoping to scare him straight with, for example, a potential trade to a team like the Raiders. And so throughout the first round of the 2010 draft on Thursday night, Roethlisberger likely will be braced for the Commissioner to announce that there has been a trade, and that the Steelers are now on the clock.

That said, we think that both sides would benefit from a fresh start, given that Roethlisberger has acquired pariah status in the eyes of many Pittsburghers -- and that it could be a long time before he ever begins to reclaim his image.

Legend

Re: Steelers Getting Trade Feelers on BB

As written in the trib today: "the Steelers are mad, not stupid!"

You would have to get more than Denver got for Cutler to even consider such a deal and then you had better figure out how to get Colt McCoy, who IMO will be the best QB out of this draft.

I would be stunned to the point of being speachless if BB was traded. And I would be disppointed I'd have to wait another 20 years for a Super Bowl.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler

Trading Ben right now would be seriously reactionary. Unless someone wants to give the Steelers the deed to the farm forget it.

I don't think trading him is outrageous because I don't believe Ben will have a long career. He takes way too much punishment each year. It will be harder for Ben to come back from some of the hits he takes as he gets older. He has already had a couple of concussions and it is quite likely he will have them more frequently in the future (supposedly you are more vulnerable to concussions once you have one).

My guess is that Ben probably only has 4-5 more good years left. Having said that, I wouldn't trade him unless I got back at least two first round picks.
    The Steelersí went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

Pro Bowler

I just love how Florio has appointed himself the conscience of the team...
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

I believe that anything beyond that is excessive and talk of trading Ben away without giving him a chance for redemption is just plain retarded.
    wholeheartedly.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    I believe that anything beyond that is excessive and talk of trading Ben away without giving him a chance for redemption is just plain retarded.
    wholeheartedly.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Colt McCoy? lol.

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler