Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers have received trade feelers for Ben

Steelers have received trade feelers for Ben

Posted by Mike Florio on April 20, 2010 9:39 PM ET

As the Pittsburgh Steelers and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger wait to find out the number of games for which Roethlisberger will be suspended to start the 2010 season, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the team has "received trade feelers" from other team, and that the Steelers have not ruled out trading Roethlisberger.

Though the Steelers are far from engaging in a Santonio-style fire sale, Dulac writes that "the possibility Roethlisberger could be traded, provided the price is right, is not being discounted by the team."

The belief in some circles is that, while the Steelers aren't inclined to trade Roethlisberger, they're hoping to scare him straight with, for example, a potential trade to a team like the Raiders. And so throughout the first round of the 2010 draft on Thursday night, Roethlisberger likely will be braced for the Commissioner to announce that there has been a trade, and that the Steelers are now on the clock.

That said, we think that both sides would benefit from a fresh start, given that Roethlisberger has acquired pariah status in the eyes of many Pittsburghers -- and that it could be a long time before he ever begins to reclaim his image.

profootballtalk.com

Pro Bowler

Re: Steelers have received trade feelers for Ben

It is possible he will be traded if teams are feeling. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. I would feel kinda bad for Ben if he went to a team like the Raiders. I don't believe he would have as much success if he were no longer in a Steelers uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 20, 2010 9:39 PM ET

As the Pittsburgh Steelers and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger wait to find out the number of games for which Roethlisberger will be suspended to start the 2010 season, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the team has "received trade feelers" from other team, and that the Steelers have not ruled out trading Roethlisberger.

Though the Steelers are far from engaging in a Santonio-style fire sale, Dulac writes that "the possibility Roethlisberger could be traded, provided the price is right, is not being discounted by the team."

The belief in some circles is that, while the Steelers aren't inclined to trade Roethlisberger, they're hoping to scare him straight with, for example, a potential trade to a team like the Raiders. And so throughout the first round of the 2010 draft on Thursday night, Roethlisberger likely will be braced for the Commissioner to announce that there has been a trade, and that the Steelers are now on the clock.

That said, we think that both sides would benefit from a fresh start, given that Roethlisberger has acquired pariah status in the eyes of many Pittsburghers -- and that it could be a long time before he ever begins to reclaim his image.

profootballtalk.com
    Don't Bouchette and Dulac write for the same paper? In his latest chat Bouchette stated that the trade talk is getting out of hand and now his colleague is saying that the team is receiving "feelers" and keeping open the possibility of a trade.

What gives?

I think it's ridiculous. Any Steeler fan who is calling for this represents the epitome of intolerance and self-righteousness in my opinion. As stated, I'm all for a heavy fine, a 2-game suspension, and even counseling. I believe that anything beyond that is excessive and talk of trading Ben away without giving him a chance for redemption is just plain retarded.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

And even 2 games is excessive in my opinion. If they run Ben out of town, I'm not going to any games this fall, and you all can have my tickets. This talk of trading a franchise QB is irresponsible.

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

with both of you.........If they trade Ben I will be very pissed

I would love to know what the front office considers the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam
    #8 overall this year, Nnamdi Asomugha, and next years first.

Anything outside of that, you let this die down, let Ben clean up his act, and win more super bowls.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam
    #8 overall this year, Nnamdi Asomugha, and next years first.

Anything outside of that, you let this die down, let Ben clean up his act, and win more super bowls.
    Oakland's 2011 first round pick already belongs to New England (Richard Seymour trade). They cannot trade it again.

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Al Davis is on his death bed, he and Ben wear the same hairstyle on occasion, Ben would be free to do whatever he wants as long as he just wins, their offense could be good with a QB, and their defense isn't that bad. Raper Nation would lov....I mean Raider Nation would love him, and although Al doesn't have a firstrounder next year to give, I could see him giving away every pick for the next 3 years to acquire Ben. And I'm sure the Rooney's wouldn't mind taking anything they could get from OLD, almost dead, Al.