Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben is not getting traded , and here is the proof.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben is not getting traded , and here is the proof.

Byron was signed because Batch is considering retiring . Per ESPN 1250 . And don't forget that this is a business and with all the Big prime time games why trade the franchise.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Ben is not getting traded , and here is the proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10
    Byron was signed because Batch is considering retiring . Per ESPN 1250 . And don't forget that this is a business and with all the Big prime time games why trade the franchise.
    I think Batch realized he would have to play a few games and knows his time has passed.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Backup

User Info Menu

While I applaud the signing of Leftwich as it appears Ben serving a suspension of some sort is inevitable , I do think there is some real potential for controversy later on if the right things happen.

Say we didn't sign Leftwich and Dixon starts , let's say 2 games and looks good doing it. Does anyone really think there becomes a QB controversy........NO.

Now let's say Leftwich starts those 2 games instead and plays lights out. Let the controversy begin. People were calling for Leftwich after the Washington game a few years ago and that was before Ben's recent incident.

I see it as a double edged sword. We need Lefty , he knows the system and if the suspension is a longer one than anticipated he may really help our playoff chances. At the same time It won't exactly be a prime situation for Ben to really make his comeback both on and off the field if there's a new article every other day calling for Leftwich to take over.

I dunno , dammit Ben......why did you have to screw us all up like this !!!

Go Steelers !!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHead
    While I applaud the signing of Leftwich as it appears Ben serving a suspension of some sort is inevitable , I do think there is some real potential for controversy later on if the right things happen.

Say we didn't sign Leftwich and Dixon starts , let's say 2 games and looks good doing it. Does anyone really think there becomes a QB controversy........NO.

Now let's say Leftwich starts those 2 games instead and plays lights out. Let the controversy begin. People were calling for Leftwich after the Washington game a few years ago and that was before Ben's recent incident.

I see it as a double edged sword. We need Lefty , he knows the system and if the suspension is a longer one than anticipated he may really help our playoff chances. At the same time It won't exactly be a prime situation for Ben to really make his comeback both on and off the field if there's a new article every other day calling for Leftwich to take over.

Go Steelers !!!

Leftwich won't start a QB controversy within the organization or the fan base that knows better. Sure if he comes out and plays lights out he'll certainly get the attention he deserves but Ben has done nothing but win football games on the field. His personal conduct off the field isn't going to keep people from remembering that simple fact and for those that do aren't the most savvy football fans to begin with, my two cents.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelHead

Go Steelers !!!

Leftwich won't start a QB controversy within the organization or the fan base that knows better. Sure if he comes out and plays lights out he'll certainly get the attention he deserves but Ben has done nothing but win football games on the field. His personal conduct off the field isn't going to keep people from remembering that simple fact and for those that do aren't the most savvy football fans to begin with, my two cents.
    I completely get what your saying and I agree the FO or knowledgeable fans won't be swayed by a couple good games by Lefty but that's not really what I'm worried about. It's more me wondering how Ben would take something like that happening. Definetely not a prime scenario for a reportedly "shaken" QB attempting to resurrect his career.

I guess by being a dumb*ss , that's what Ben gets. Less than ideal circumstances.

Legend

User Info Menu

I certainly hope Lefty isn't starting over Dixon. Dixon has looked good in his opportunities and I want to plug him in. His athleticism and ceiling are worth developing.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We can put all the controversy aside, Lefty will unlikely play lights out in either of the 2 games. Not if the offensive is the same as last season, and Byron will be running for his life or getting killed with that slow release.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This isn't exactly screaming he won't be traded......just saying

[url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10110/1051941-100.stm"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10110/1051941-100.stm[/url]

Steelers' Roethlisberger awaits fate; trade not ruled out
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010
    By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

While they are expecting to learn tomorrow what punishment quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will receive from National Football League commissioner Roger Goodell, the Steelers have received trade feelers from other teams and have not ruled out the possibility of dealing their two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback, the Post-Gazette has learned.
    PG poll
    Should the Steelers trade Ben Roethlisberger?

It is not believed the Steelers are actively seeking to trade Roethlisberger, nor are they close to doing what they did with Super Bowl XLIII MVP Santonio Holmes, who was traded for a fifth-round pick to the New York Jets because the team was planning to release him anyway.

Nonetheless, the possibility Roethlisberger could be traded, provided the price is right, is not being discounted by the team.

The Steelers did shore up their quarterback corps late today by trading a seventh-round pick to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for veteran quarterback Byron Leftwich, who was Roethlisberger's backup in 2008.

Meantime, the Post-Gazette reported on its website earlier today that the Steelers are expecting to hear Wednesday what punishment Roethlisberger will receive from Goodell in connection with an alleged sexual-assault incident in Georgia.

Roethlisberger was not charged in the case in Milledgeville, Ga., in which he was accused by a 20-year-old college student of assaulting her in a nightclub bathroom. But he is expected to be suspended by the league, perhaps two to four games, for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

Steelers president Art Rooney II said in a press conference last Thursday that the Steelers will work with Goodell to determine the punishment and that no further discipline would be administered.

Rooney said Roethlisberger is prepared to accept the "consequences."

At the time of the press conference, the Steelers were unaware of the details of the alleged incident that were contained in a police report that was made public Friday.

Goodell's announcement would come a day before the start of the NFL draft -- a draft in which director of football operations Kevin Colbert has said the Steelers do not need a quarterback.

Meantime, Roethlisberger was on the field today for his second day of offseason workouts with his teammates. He did not speak with the media after practice.

Read more: [url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10110/1051941-100.stm#ixzz0lhF7yX4J"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10110/10 ... z0lhF7yX4J[/url]
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk
    We can put all the controversy aside, Lefty will unlikely play lights out in either of the 2 games. Not if the offensive is the same as last season, and Byron will be running for his life or getting killed with that slow release.
    He has a slow delivery, but he makes quick decisions and doesn't look to extend the play. Drop back, read, get rid of the football. That's why people were clamoring for him to replace Ben after the Skins game. He plays QB completely differently than Ben and he's successful as well.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What did Ben do? Was he charged with anything? I'll have to check the newswire.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion