Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bouchette says no to Thomas, and not to reach for Pouncey..

Re: Bouchette says no to Thomas, and not to reach for Pouncey..

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Good catch. So maybe he is just full of sh!t like the rest of us!
    Yep!!

Legend

He is right on about Pouncey being a reach at #18. Just say no to Pouncey.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    He is right on about Pouncey being a reach at #18. Just say no to Pouncey.

did you read where Urbik is now practicing at center? that means we now have Hartwig, Legursky and Urbik there and Legursky and Urbik can also play G.

unless the Steelers are planning on cutting one of these three this camp, i doubt we draft Pouncey.

Bingo- I've only been saying this for weeks now- its a numbers game. If there is any position they draft along the OL it'll be Tackle.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

We'd be better off drafting a reach in the first than taking Thomas. No disrespect, but I don't want the Steelers to ever entertain the notion of a RS Soph. being a 1st Round capable pick. The guy will prove to be too green and it will affect the way he adjusts to the NFL. RS Sophs. are too big a risk in general to warrant the very first pick in the draft for any team.

I don't just want potential outta my 1st pick. I want proven talent who can at least give me some quality minutes throughout the season. RS Sophs. are a gamble, at best, in that category.

I'm sure the Steelers will have many more viable options at 1.18 than taking pure potential. At this point, that's all Thomas is really offering.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    We'd be better off drafting a reach in the first than taking Thomas. No disrespect, but I don't want the Steelers to ever entertain the notion of a RS Soph. being a 1st Round capable pick. The guy will prove to be too green and it will affect the way he adjusts to the NFL. RS Sophs. are too big a risk in general to warrant the very first pick in the draft for any team.

I don't just want potential outta my 1st pick. I want proven talent who can at least give me some quality minutes throughout the season. RS Sophs. are a gamble, at best, in that category.

I'm sure the Steelers will have many more viable options at 1.18 than taking pure potential. At this point, that's all Thomas is really offering.
    In those 2 college seasons, he was able to intercept 10 passes (8 of which were during this past season). He has shown the ability to make plays (not just the potential to make plays) and we are sorely in need of a playmaker in our secondary, since we have a grand total of one of those (and our defense suffered tremendously when he was hurt). The Colbert-Tomlin team has a tendency to take younger-than-average prospects in the first round (Timmons and Mendenhall were both 20 when they were drafted, just like Thomas) so if Earl is available at #18, I see no reason why he wouldn't be our guy.