Thread: Any comments/knowledge on Jonathan Scott?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Any comments/knowledge on Jonathan Scott?

Looks like the Steelers picked up the free agent from the Bills.

Does this change anything in the draft as far as OT?

Was he any good with the bills? I see he at least started 14 games in his career.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Any comments/knowledge on Jonathan Scott?

Jonathan Scott was regarded as a top OT prospect as a juniour at Texas....he came back and had a lackluster senior year. He is probably slightly better than Tony Hills, but still only backup material.

Legend

User Info Menu

no clue? looking forward to seeing him in preseason.

Starter

User Info Menu

He was drafted by the Lions. Let's hope he can follow the paths of Colbert, Hartings, and Batch.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy
    He was drafted by the Lions. Let's hope he can follow the paths of Colbert, Hartings, and Batch.

think about it...

Scott was released by the Detroit Lions and then goes to the OT starved Buffalo Bills who made very little attempt to re-sign him.

he's probably still better than Tony Hills, but that doesn't mean much.

OT is a huge need, especially since Willie Colon will prove difficult to re-sign after he becomes an UFA in two years.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

think about it...

Scott was released by the Detroit Lions and then goes to the OT starved Buffalo Bills who made very little attempt to re-sign him.

OT is a huge need, especially since Willie Colon will prove difficult to re-sign after he becomes an UFA in two years.

Our new OL coach was with the Bills last year. He thought enough of Scott to bring him in. Nobody wants to not know what they are talking about their first year on the job, to take that risk.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Legend

User Info Menu

think about it...

Our new OL coach was with the Bills last year. He thought enough of Scott to bring him in. Nobody wants to not know what they are talking about their first year on the job, to take that risk.
    $$$ my thoughts exactly.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

think about it...

i believe Jonathan Scott was a good pick-up for depth purposes and i'll bet he's better than Hills, so i have no problem with Scott at all. but after Scott we only have Tony Hills and Willie Colon will be very difficult to re-sign once he becomes an UFA so we need to develop a young OT as soon as possible.

my prediction is Hills does not make it out of this training camp.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha