Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Notes from OTA #1

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Notes from OTA #1

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Steelers Casey Hampton in best shape of career

Nose tackle Casey Hampton has been working out regularly at the Steelers’ practice facility, and apparently it shows. “I told him it’s the best he’s ever looked at this time of year,” defensive end Aaron Smith said. The 6-foot-1 Hampton is listed at 325 pounds, but the five-time Pro Bowler is the first to say he hasn’t been at that weight in a long time. That may be changing after Hampton, 32, signed a three-year, $21.2 million contract in February. “I’ve seen him in all shapes and forms,” Smith said. “And he looks good right now.” — Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
    That's all goods news JOM. Why the headbanger?

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    That is very interesting about Urbik, Legursky, and Hartwig. Versatility can save a job. Even if Urbik proves to be back-up material the ability to play all 3 interior spots makes him valuable. It will be interesting to see how he plays against live rounds. I personally believe that would be his best position based on his skill set. As long as he has the shotgun down...He could elevate into a Top C with some good coaching. And I just changed my mock from Iupati to trading down for Pouncey. I can't wait until this is over!!!
    Keep Iupati. He is All Pro potential. Pouncey is just solid starter potential IMO.

I want Iupati because I think he excels at Guard and has the upside to be a dominant RT. This could be very valuable if we can't keep Colon and if we do we end up with a totally dominat side of our OL.

With Hartwig, Legursky and now possibly Urbik we don't need another Center.
    I would love to get Iupati instead of Pouncey. Unfortunately, I do my mocks as to who I think we will pick based on who is left. I had Iupati for some time now but I get the sense he will be gone. As far as Iupati vs Pouncey. Iupati has tremendous upside but Pouncey looks more NFL ready. If you freeze them right now, Pouncey is the better player. Iupati's flaws look to be coachable because he got lazy feet playing against lesser competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

After this offseason of turmoil, it is a million times more refreshing than usual to read actual football content. Keep 'em coming...please!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.