Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goodell is an .....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Goodell is an .....

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    "Win at all costs" Yea, the whole reason why we play the season is to see who will win a trophy at the end of the year....

Franchise QB out for 4+ games can kiss that goal good bye- or seriously hurt the chances anyways.

Glad I didn't buy tickets yet to any home games. I won't pick any with the 2nd stringer in at those ticket prices...
    im glad most steeler fans dont think that way. if they did there would be a lot of empty seats at heinz the first couple of games. i could care less who is playing qb when i make my trip to the burgh for a game. the steelers are the steelers with or without ben

Not sure if you can prove that statement there, but I used to think that way until the prices started to increase along with everything else. Getting to the point where I just stay home for all of them. Used to go to 5 a year, now down to 1 or 2. I saw a lot of empty seats at those 2 games last year too. Tell ya what, if I get some tix for a game Ben doesn't start in 2010, I'll sell em to ya cheap.

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    If Goodell suspends Ben, it's going to open a huge can of worms. Let's see, Tom Brady assaulted me, Peyton Manning assaulted me, etc, etc. What a way to get your rivals QB on the bench for a few games.
    there is no way ben wont be suspended. i know ben was only accused but the details of the story are pretty horrific.
    Only if you read the sorority sister's stories and I wouldn't call those "horrific"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Goodell suspends Ben, it's going to open a huge can of worms. Let's see, Tom Brady assaulted me, Peyton Manning assaulted me, etc, etc. What a way to get your rivals QB on the bench for a few games.
    there is no way ben wont be suspended. i know ben was only accused but the details of the story are pretty horrific.
    Only read the sorority sister's stories and I wouldn't call those "horrific"
    Yes, please elaborate on these "pretty horrific" stories. I've only heard of conduct that goes on in bars in just about every city in this country on a weekly basis. Guys looking to get some ... girls DTF ... alcohol involved ... hooking up in the bathroom. I know, these people aren't NFL players. Well, I live in the DC area so I know that some of them are executives who work in your government.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The potential playing with the facts has gone both ways. The two first things that should have been done ...

1. Secure the alleged crime scene and prevent any tampering until further investigation.
    2. Seize the videotapes as soon as possible.

This is standard procedure for a crime investigation. Neither was followed.

The night club's video tapes were overwritten (apparently at some point after 2:30 am, when the accusation was first brought to police attention). The next morning the janitor cleaned up the bathroom with Clorox without being told anything by anyone. These are both facts that are not up for debate. Now, you tell me, how could the investigation be clean and complete with both of these on the table?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    The potential playing with the facts has gone both ways. The two first things that should have been done ...

1. Secure the alleged crime scene and prevent any tampering until further investigation.

The night club's video tapes were overwritten (apparently at some point after 2:30 am, when the accusation was first brought to police attention). The next morning the janitor cleaned up the bathroom with Clorox without being told anything by anyone. These are both facts that are not up for debate. Now, you tell me, how could the investigation be clean and complete with both of these on the table?
    The cameras weren't in the area of the alleged offense anyway, what good would they have been?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They (NFL) are going to make an example out of him.

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility

The cameras weren't in the area of the alleged offense anyway, what good would they have been?
    They could help establish the validity or deceitfulness of various witnesses. Witness are often asked general questions to establish some context/framework for the deeper questions.