Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodell is an .....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Goodell is an .....

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    Goodell states that Ben broke the NFL's personal conduct policy- I say prove it!

I'd like to see a great big fat lawsuit slapped on Goodell and his cronies......

Just my opinion though.

Isn't bringing bad PR and ill-repute to the NFL itself a violation of the policy? It's not a democracy, it's a privately held organization, they can write whatever rules they want.
    The bad PR is because of the Tabloid Media reporting only the story of drunken sorority sisters, had they not, no bad PR.
    Vultures go after dead carcasses. But those who leave dead carcasses (whether on-purpose, or by negligence, or by lack of insight or some combination of the above) are responsible for attracting the vultures.

Legend

User Info Menu

On another note I did read a few comments in random places with other fans complimenting Steeler Nation for being upset and not making excuses for Ben's behavior.

I really think those who at the conduct policy or the suspension are doing it merely from a win at all cost mentality. We all know WHY a suspension is forthcoming.. I guess the best we can hope for is enough evidence to warrant a small suspension and not a big one.

Anything over 4 games would be shocking.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    On another note I did read a few comments in random places with other fans complimenting Steeler Nation for being upset and not making excuses for Ben's behavior.

I really think those who at the conduct policy or the suspension are doing it merely from a win at all cost mentality. We all know WHY a suspension is forthcoming.. I guess the best we can hope for is enough evidence to warrant a small suspension and not a big one.

All signs are pointing to a dodged bullet here. It's one thing to be cleared of charges because several necessary factors aren't in place. It's a whole different thing to be cleared despite several necessary factors being in place.

I do like the idea of 6-games with reduction incentives and a floor. This makes it somewhat interactive. Even if all of that stuff was made up and Ben is completely innocent of all accusations, Ben still acted in a risky manor. If nothing else, some of the incentives may effect some perspective change for Ben.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

Remind you of anyone??

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by brothervad
    pfelix,

three words...

Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Whether you like it or not the Players Union agreed to this in the last CBA.

And there are plenty of companies out there that have Morals clauses in their contracts.

You don't need to break the law to get fired...

The NFL's product is jeopardized (in their opinion not mine) when players act a certain way that gives the NFL a bad name.

A VP get's drunk at a public function and makes an A$$ of himself can get fired....he didn't break any law but he hurt the company's brand name.

It happens more often than you think...

just my .02 as well

brothervad
    Exactly. In my company a loot of activities that are not illegal can get you terminated. In the military there are alot of rules that do not break laws that will get you administrative, non-judicial punishment. In neither case is anyone being granted the privilege of making millions of dollars.

Here's an idea. Instead of arguing about "not breaking the law" how about simply not engaging in questionable conduct.
    Ah, yes, the good ole UCMJ...Article 15. I've seen a few people become very familiar with that article...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

When was the current CBA written and agreed to? Anyone ever read it? Might just be me, but did we have this many suspensions, etc. when Goodell's predecessor was in office?

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

"Win at all costs" Yea, the whole reason why we play the season is to see who will win a trophy at the end of the year....

Franchise QB out for 4+ games can kiss that goal good bye- or seriously hurt the chances anyways.

Glad I didn't buy tickets yet to any home games. I won't pick any with the 2nd stringer in at those ticket prices...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    "Win at all costs" Yea, the whole reason why we play the season is to see who will win a trophy at the end of the year....

Franchise QB out for 4+ games can kiss that goal good bye- or seriously hurt the chances anyways.

Glad I didn't buy tickets yet to any home games. I won't pick any with the 2nd stringer in at those ticket prices...
    im glad most steeler fans dont think that way. if they did there would be a lot of empty seats at heinz the first couple of games. i could care less who is playing qb when i make my trip to the burgh for a game. the steelers are the steelers with or without ben

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Goodell suspends Ben, it's going to open a huge can of worms. Let's see, Tom Brady assaulted me, Peyton Manning assaulted me, etc, etc. What a way to get your rivals QB on the bench for a few games.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    If Goodell suspends Ben, it's going to open a huge can of worms. Let's see, Tom Brady assaulted me, Peyton Manning assaulted me, etc, etc. What a way to get your rivals QB on the bench for a few games.
    there is no way ben wont be suspended. i know ben was only accused but the details of the story are pretty horrific.