Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm hoping for 8 games

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm hoping for 8 games

Yes, I am. I think 8 games will satisfy both sides of our divided Nation.

I can't wait for football, but I have to admit that I'm not really looking forward to seeing Ben on the field yet. Still too many unanswered questions and doubts in my mind.

I feel like an idiot for preaching to my friends and family for so many years how great the Rooneys and the Steelers organization is and how they wouldn't tolerate the crap that other teams put up with. And now all this.

AND I KNOW BEN WASN'T CHARGED I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, so save your breath (or your keystrokes in this case) and don't try to change mine.

I'll give Ben the opportunity to fix this. If he truly did nothing wrong, he needs to tell his side of the story. I know most of what we've been hearing has been one-sided.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: I'm hoping for 8 games

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Yes, I am. I think 8 games will satisfy both sides of our divided Nation.

I can't wait for football, but I have to admit that I'm not really looking forward to seeing Ben on the field yet. Still too many unanswered questions and doubts in my mind.

I feel like an idiot for preaching to my friends and family for so many years how great the Rooneys and the Steelers organization is and how they wouldn't tolerate the crap that other teams put up with. And now all this.

AND I KNOW BEN WASN'T CHARGED I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, so save your breath (or your keystrokes in this case) and don't try to change mine.

I'll give Ben the opportunity to fix this. If he truly did nothing wrong, he needs to tell his side of the story. I know most of what we've been hearing has been one-sided.
    You know rpm the more and more I read about the whole thing it is my belief that a stiff fine (500K - 750K) and 2 games is all he should get and I've been a harsh critic of his behavior in this whole incident. Originally, I was hoping for 4 and would have been fine with 8; however, the police report shows so much inconsistency that it is difficult to determine how inappropriately Ben acted that evening.

He deserves some wrath from the NFL and the Steelers, but not nearly what I had originally hoped for. He may be guilty of social failings, but that's about it.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm probably in the minority but I'd give him a 16 game suspension without pay. If that doesn't wake him up, nothing will. I know this will never happen because the players union would go nuts.

IMO, Ben will get a two game suspension and fined an unspecified amount. The comish will probably also recommend some sort of counseling.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm with Pap on this......2 games and a fine is more than sufficient especially after considering all of the evidence from the police report. Even though that may still be too much, Ben has got to take it for the team and the NFL because this has been a very dark spot for the Steelers and NFL when you consider how this has been reported in the media.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't feel like 2 will be enough, I think 4 is sufficient. 8 is just nuts, that's unprecedented for someone who in my mind is a scumbag but still has NEVER been charged with a crime.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm kinda fence sitting on this one, I'd like to see four games and a big fine. I'd like to see it handed out by the Rooney's to show that the Steelers don't put up with this s**t and not the NFL. But we'll have to wait and see.

I'm not sure about counseling; I don't know Ben to say "this is a problem for Ben" or "Ben is a horses b-hind and just doesn't get it" maybe a long stint of community service in a battered women's shelter would be a better way for him to see the other side of things than say three months in Alcohol classes.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Minimum 2 but max of 4 games. The guy is a jerk but he has never been charged. If you suspended every NFL player who is a jerk then there wouldn't be many playing. If Ben stumbles again then he deserves to be cut.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

This is already unchartered territory for the NFL and the Players Union. Ben's not been arrested or charged and as such is considered a first time offender of the conduct policy. I believe this is the first time a player wasn't at least arrested.

It's a fine line between Ben getting "special" treatment b/c he's a big time QB and the league being excessive. If he were to get 8 games then the precedent is set and now teams/players could get a 1/2 season. No way the Union allows that. They'd fight it and this mess stays in the press. Goodell wants this behind them and he knows 8 games would keep it around.

Legend

User Info Menu

I just want him to come down from the high horse he is sitting on. Whatever that takes is fine by me.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

"high horse"

That is it! I've always felt he has an air of superiority that is offputting.

How about 4 games and castration?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.