Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Per PFT: Roethlisberger Suspension Coming by Tuesday

Re: Per PFT: Roethlisberger Suspension Coming by Tuesday

I'm starting to wish that PFT would get suspended for 4 to 8 weeks.

I've generally tolerated Florio's d-baggery because his site is actually a decent source of news/rumors, but his "reporting" of the Ben situation has been nearly intolerable.

Hall of Famer

If it is "ONLY" 4 games...Ben should take the day off and spend it on his knees thanking God. 8 games would not surprise me.

In all honesty, if Ben Rosthlisberger is going to remain a Steeler...He should consider this. After the suspension is handed down...Call a press conference. Make your apoligies again to the Steelers organization, your teammates, & the league. Go further...Apoligize to the Steeler fans and "All" people involved that you hurt with your actions. Now, you want to rebuild your character? You want to help the Steelers recover? You truely want to show the people you have remorse? You tell everyone you will not be participating in the remaining games of the 2010 season after you serve your suspension.

Ben needs to admit to having poor judgement. Ben needs to admit to having a problem with alcoholism (Which I think is the source). Tell everyone you are submitting to counceling for alcoholism. Tell everyone you are submitting to counceling for you aggressive behavior. The first step to maturity is admitting to your problems. The 2nd step is getting help. People will give that "2nd" chance in life for someone who "sacrifices" his career for a year to get back on track. The Steelers organization and Ben Roethlisberger will heal much faster this way. I have always said Ben is my favorite Steeler. However, when the name on the back becomes bigger than the color of the uniform or the shield on the front...I no longer root for the person as an individual. For me to give support back to Ben as an individual...I would stand behind him the second he makes these announcements. I would sacrifice a year of Steelers Football just to get back the Ben that the fans, my family, and myself loved. I think that is Ben's best chance to rebuilding his good name. Even more important, saving Ben's life. Say what you want about "no charges", "drunk college girls", "gold diggers", "he's a target"....There is evidence to a destructive path of behavior. This is beyond just having a franchise QB on the field. You arguments might have some merit if we could just see or hear about just 1 player out of the 1,695 remianing NFL players going through the same situation. Just my opinion.

Steelers | Roethlisberger will accept discipline if not too harsh
    Comment (0)
    Mon, 19 Apr 2010 07:41:01 -0400

Mark Maske, of The Washington Post, reports Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will accept disciplinary action by the NFL or the Pittsburgh Steelers without fighting the penalty if he and his advisers do not consider the discipline "too harsh," a source familiar with the situation said Monday, April 19.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0lYvBaJIz

Pro Bowler

To think that Ben should be suspended for an entire season is completely ridiculous. Dante Stallworth was only suspended for a year and he KILLED another person with his car. WTF? Seriously people?

If I had to wager a guess, I say it's one of two things . . . either Ben gets 6 games and nothing else, its over from that point on, or he gets four games, plus counseling and a monetary fine of some sorts. If I were a betting man, I say six games.

Pro Bowler

this is the most uninspired offseason I can remember, I really am not counting down the days to training camp like I usually do, I am not too pumped up about the draft and the main reason is because of our qb big ben, this year will be a lost year because of him, we will struggle on offense and we have not really done much to improve our aging defense other than resign our starters....if ben is suspended 4 games our season is over in my opinion, let alone 8 games, if he is 8 games we might be a top 7 pick next year....

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    this is the most uninspired offseason I can remember, I really am not counting down the days to training camp like I usually do, I am not too pumped up about the draft and the main reason is because of our qb big ben, this year will be a lost year because of him, we will struggle on offense and we have not really done much to improve our aging defense other than resign our starters....if ben is suspended 4 games our season is over in my opinion, let alone 8 games, if he is 8 games we might be a top 7 pick next year....
    That's a nice way to put it. More like nightmarish.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Honestly, if this isn't reason to go ahead and trade for Byron Leftwich right now, I don't know what is. I understand why we didn't pull the trigger before, why give up a draft pick when Tampa is just going to cut him anyway . . . but this is a position of need right now, and if we have a guy like Lefty on the roster, maybe Ben's suspension won't cost us the playoffs. I just can;t see Batch or Dixon leading us to a .500 record or better while Ben is gone,a nd that is with the knowlege of what Dixon did against Baltimore last season.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Honestly, if this isn't reason to go ahead and trade for Byron Leftwich right now, I don't know what is. I understand why we didn't pull the trigger before, why give up a draft pick when Tampa is just going to cut him anyway . . . but this is a position of need right now, and if we have a guy like Lefty on the roster, maybe Ben's suspension won't cost us the playoffs. I just can;t see Batch or Dixon leading us to a .500 record or better while Ben is gone,a nd that is with the knowlege of what Dixon did against Baltimore last season.
    I do think Dixon can lead us to .500 or slightly better. In my mind, it's a matter of being willing to gamble a bit and let him do more with his legs.

I totally agree about Leftwich though. However, the Ben situation almost necessarily drives up the price.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Lefty is terrible as a Starter. He looked good in limited action but the guy was pathetic last year in Tampa. I know Tampa has problems but Lefty was missing wide open WR's by a mile with no pressure.

Batch for a qtr or 2 before he is injured then Dixon for the next 4 games....