Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shawn's Final Mock (No trade scenerio)

Re: Shawn's Final Mock (No trade scenerio)

My 2 cents-

I don't like the mock- sorry. Pouncey at 18 is just a waste. IMO. Replace your first 2 picks with Haden/Thomas/ Wilson and your 2nd round with say a OT or maybe even Linval Joseph if hes still there. If you really want a C then maybe look at the boy from BC. Personally, I'd be looking at OT in there- maybe 2nd round instead of a C. I like Legursky as our future C. The numbers just don't jive. Too many bodies already on the OL that have experience. A OT would compete with Hills for the last spot and Colon's got some issues- agent wise and wanting more $.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    My 2 cents-

I don't like the mock- sorry. Pouncey at 18 is just a waste. IMO. Replace your first 2 picks with Haden/Thomas/ Wilson and your 2nd round with say a OT or maybe even Linval Joseph if hes still there. If you really want a C then maybe look at the boy from BC. Personally, I'd be looking at OT in there- maybe 2nd round instead of a C. I like Legursky as our future C. The numbers just don't jive. Too many bodies already on the OL that have experience. A OT would compete with Hills for the last spot and Colon's got some issues- agent wise and wanting more $.

Haden and Thomas will likely be gone...Wilson has character issues. If you read my precurser you would have seen the reasoning for picking Pouncey. If Haden or Thomas are there...they are no brainers.

I disagree on the character issues with Wilson. He's really been moving up the boards and have impressed a lot of scouts- from what I'm reading anyways.

It's just me, but I'd take Wilson over Iupati or Pouncey at 18. Just my opinion. Can't wait til Thursday to see what really happens. Watch- we'll all be totally wrong.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    I disagree on the character issues with Wilson. He's really been moving up the boards and have impressed a lot of scouts- from what I'm reading anyways.

It's just me, but I'd take Wilson over Iupati or Pouncey at 18. Just my opinion. Can't wait til Thursday to see what really happens. Watch- we'll all be totally wrong.
    I think Wilson will be a very good DB...I have heard varying things about his character. With that said, Wilson's side was never thrown to. The #2 Db for Boise was always a young pup. Teams tended to pick on other DBs. Could have been superb respect or we might not know how he really matches up against top notch talent.

I think Wilson is on the Steelers radar but I think they roll with Pouncey unless Haden or Thomas are there.