Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shawn's Final Mock (No trade scenerio)

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Shawn's Final Mock (No trade scenerio)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    I'm not sure Bowman would work as an ILB. Maybe an OLB...but, Sean Lee is the man if we are looking for a 2nd or 3rd Rd ILB.
    In our current system it seems Tomlin likes the guys who can blitz and fall back into coverage. Bowman can do both. I don't think Tomlin will look for a traditional thumper type of ILB. He is a 1st/2nd round talent in my book. I also suspect unless we move up in the second for Lee he will be gone. I suspect Graham, Odrick and Lee all jump on draft day. With that said, as much as I Bowman I doubt the Steelers take a chance on him...the fight and the MJ issues will probably keep him off our radar. But, there are a couple guys on my mock I don't think we will touch Blount and Bowman...but I'm a fan so I included them.

I like Sean Lee a lot and have considered drafting him in Round 2 in our PlanetSteelers mock draft. Problem is, we just re-signed Larry Foote and have Farrior, Timmons and Keyaron Fox already there at the ILB position. I think a guy like Pat Angerer (great name for a LB!) in a later round is more likely.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm pretty comfortable posting my final mock. First if Thomas, Haden or Spiller drop I think they present too much value to pass on. But, I believe all three will be gone. With all of them gone...I believe it comes down to the best values left Iupati and Pouncey. A couple reasons I run with Pouncey. #1-He is ready now to start...I believe he could beat out Hartwig from day 1. #2 We have some young talent at Guard that I believe the Steelers could be ok with...let em fight it out. #3 We missed out on a Center in last years draft...I don't think we will make that mistake again.

Round Two-I think it will come down to Benn, Ghee, and Jackson. This is harder to predict. Of the three I think Ghee will have the best NFL career. I don't see Jackson as having more than a solid #2 type career at best. I believe Ghee could turn into something special. Ugh...Benn...seen alot of him. I'm not overwhelmed. His hands are average, route running a little better than average but he does possess some ability with the ball after the catch that would temp the Steelers. I would prefer to run with Shipley in the third personally. But, the Steelers haven't shown interest. I have to run with Ghee...it's even possible we might need to trade up to grab him.

So, here it goes...

1) Maurkice Pouncey-C
    2) Brandon Ghee-DB
    3) Navorro Bowman ILB
    4) Mike Neal-DT
    5) LeGarrette Blount-RB (I know...but a man can dream eh?)
    5b) Nolan Carrol-DB
    5c) Kam Chancellor-S
    5d) Carlton Mitchell-WR
    6) Pat Angerer-ILB
    7) Clay Harbor-FB
    7B) Adrian Tracy DE/LB
    Thank goodness

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Kinda surprised Pouncey is the only O-lineman you have...
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Really? The only OL position I see as dire is C. We have three solid starters in Starks, Kemo, and Colon. I actually like those three guys and I'm comfortable with them starting. We have Legursky, Urbik, Foster and Essex fighting out for that final spot.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is truly a well thought out mock draft that merits praise and compliments!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Carlton Mitchell in the 5th? As his unofficial hype man, I say there is no way he gets past the 3rd round...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Really? The only OL position I see as dire is C. We have three solid starters in Starks, Kemo, and Colon. I actually like those three guys and I'm comfortable with them starting. We have Legursky, Urbik, Foster and Essex fighting out for that final spot.
    I was thinking that a developmental LT is needed...but that's me. Also Harbor raised an eyebrow because I think he'll go sooner & isn't he more of an H-Back? Tracy is fine too, I just like Moats & Danny Batten a bit more. And Blount...well, we both know that they won't bring him here now, but tell me...his 40 time & slow 10-yard split doesn't scare you any?
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Steel Life]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steel Life":14lxki0h
    I was thinking that a developmental LT is needed...but that's me. Also Harbor raised an eyebrow because I think he'll go sooner & isn't he more of an H-Back? Tracy is fine too, I just like Moats & Danny Batten a bit more. And Blount...well, we both know that they won't bring him here now, but tell me...his 40 time & slow 10-yard split doesn't scare you any?[/quote:14lxki0h]

Nah...I believe Harbor is more of a FB type. You could be right about a developmental LT. Blount's 40 doesn't scare me even a little. I have seen the guy run...beast...man amongst boys. I really like him. And no we wont draft him.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=Shawn]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steel Life":mj02hjd1
    I was thinking that a developmental LT is needed...but that's me. Also Harbor raised an eyebrow because I think he'll go sooner & isn't he more of an H-Back? Tracy is fine too, I just like Moats & Danny Batten a bit more. And Blount...well, we both know that they won't bring him here now, but tell me...his 40 time & slow 10-yard split doesn't scare you any?

Nah...I believe Harbor is more of a FB type. You could be right about a developmental LT. Blount's 40 doesn't scare me even a little. I have seen the guy run...beast...man amongst boys. I really like him. And no we wont draft him.[/quote:mj02hjd1]
    Okay...I just thought he was slow as molasses getting thru the line. Would you say he's like Brandon from the Giants? Anyway, in lieu of him, what other RB would you bring in & would it change your mock?

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Steel Life][quote=Shawn]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steel Life":3vxd3of6
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steel Life":3vxd3of6

Nah...I believe Harbor is more of a FB type. You could be right about a developmental LT. Blount's 40 doesn't scare me even a little. I have seen the guy run...beast...man amongst boys. I really like him. And no we wont draft him.[/quote:3vxd3of6]
    Okay...I just thought he was slow as molasses getting thru the line. Would you say he's like Brandon from the Giants? Anyway, in lieu of him, what other RB would you bring in & would it change your mock?[/quote:3vxd3of6]

Honestly, the only guys I'm interested in are Gerhart, Blount and Spiller. Fbwise I would be interested in Harbor, and Conner...and that's only if they believe the Summers project was a flop.

I like Harbor alot. But, I think some of my round placement could be a little wishful. I had lots of guys I like. Harbor could go as high as the 3rd. This is what is said about him...

An athletic beast who can line up as a fullback, tight end or H-back and create matchup problems for a defense. As a receiver, he set the school record with 150 career catches, and his 1,906 yards rank third in school history. Harbor's 59 catches for 729 yards and four touchdowns in his senior year reflected his ability to get open in zones and stretch the field. His blocking has improved each year, so he can be a significant block-or-catch weapon as an H-back. His explosion was demonstrated at the combine when he soared 40 inches in the vertical jump. And his strength was quantified when he bench-pressed 225 pounds 30 times."
    Trolls are people too.