Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shawn's Final Mock (No trade scenerio)

Shawn's Final Mock (No trade scenerio)

I'm pretty comfortable posting my final mock. First if Thomas, Haden or Spiller drop I think they present too much value to pass on. But, I believe all three will be gone. With all of them gone...I believe it comes down to the best values left Iupati and Pouncey. A couple reasons I run with Pouncey. #1-He is ready now to start...I believe he could beat out Hartwig from day 1. #2 We have some young talent at Guard that I believe the Steelers could be ok with...let em fight it out. #3 We missed out on a Center in last years draft...I don't think we will make that mistake again.

Round Two-I think it will come down to Benn, Ghee, and Jackson. This is harder to predict. Of the three I think Ghee will have the best NFL career. I don't see Jackson as having more than a solid #2 type career at best. I believe Ghee could turn into something special. Ugh...Benn...seen alot of him. I'm not overwhelmed. His hands are average, route running a little better than average but he does possess some ability with the ball after the catch that would temp the Steelers. I would prefer to run with Shipley in the third personally. But, the Steelers haven't shown interest. I have to run with Ghee...it's even possible we might need to trade up to grab him.

So, here it goes...

1) Maurkice Pouncey-C
    2) Brandon Ghee-DB
    3) Navorro Bowman ILB
    4) Mike Neal-DT
    5) LeGarrette Blount-RB (I know...but a man can dream eh?)
    5b) Nolan Carrol-DB
    5c) Kam Chancellor-S
    5d) Carlton Mitchell-WR
    6) Pat Angerer-ILB
    7) Clay Harbor-FB
    7B) Adrian Tracy DE/LB

Re: Shawn's Final Mock (No trade scenerio)

Id be really fine with that....although I think Mitchell and Chancellor are 3rd and 4th rounders respectively.
    2015 Draft

1) P.J. Williams-CB-Florida St.
    2) Jordan Phillips-DT-Oklahoma
    3) Geneo Grissom-OLB-Oklahoma
    4) Jeff Heuerman-TE-OSU
    5)
    Clint Trickett-QB-WVU
    6) Justin Coleman-CB-Tenn
    7) Spencer Roth-P-Baylor

Hall of Famer

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!!???!!????

nice job.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    Id be really fine with that....although I think Mitchell and Chancellor are 3rd and 4th rounders respectively.
    I hear ya...I have seen Mitchell as high as 2 and as low as 6. He is big and has decent speed. But, his very inconsistant hands and his school drop this guy on draft day. I'm not sure he will go 5d range but I do think he will drop late 4- mid 5 range.

As for Chancellor...anything can happen come draft day...I really like this kid. Most site have him as a 4. But, I'm hoping questions about his speed...and whether he is truly a safety...possible tweener drop his stock.

Pro Bowler

Pat Angerer sounds like the kind of guy that could get under the other teams skin and take them off their game. Good pick.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848

I'm not sure Bowman would work as an ILB. Maybe an OLB...but, Sean Lee is the man if we are looking for a 2nd or 3rd Rd ILB.

That's an excellent mock draft

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by snarky
    Pat Angerer sounds like the kind of guy that could get under the other teams skin and take them off their game. Good pick.
    Ahh so you are familiar with Angerer. I thought he was my little secret. I absolutely love this kid. Extremely productive...a work horse...football smart...good leadership qualities...tough/blue collar hit you in the face type of player....constant motor. He has average athletic measureables which will drop him but I think he can be a quality starter in the NFL.

Pro Bowler

No I was just going on his name.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    I'm not sure Bowman would work as an ILB. Maybe an OLB...but, Sean Lee is the man if we are looking for a 2nd or 3rd Rd ILB.
    In our current system it seems Tomlin likes the guys who can blitz and fall back into coverage. Bowman can do both. I don't think Tomlin will look for a traditional thumper type of ILB. He is a 1st/2nd round talent in my book. I also suspect unless we move up in the second for Lee he will be gone. I suspect Graham, Odrick and Lee all jump on draft day. With that said, as much as I Bowman I doubt the Steelers take a chance on him...the fight and the MJ issues will probably keep him off our radar. But, there are a couple guys on my mock I don't think we will touch Blount and Bowman...but I'm a fan so I included them.