Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel bad for Art Jr.

I feel bad for Art Jr.

I appreciate both sides with the fans.

On the one hand you have "...he wasn't convicted, he's a rare franchise qb, 26 long yrs between SBs, are you people crazy wanting to get rid of him?!..."

On the other hand you have "...disgusted, humiliated, embarrassed, out of touch with working class Pittsburgh values..."

I'm really torn. I was so psyched when he was drafted, then the SBs and I'm equally disgusted now. For me, personally, the game has to be about more than just winning. And if it's gonna be corrupted and dishonorable to the extreme then I can't follow it or contribute to it's success, much as I love it. And yes I'd take a lesser team with honor and dignity over SBs with embarrassment and humiliation. But that's just me.

It's a no-win, lose-lose, tough situation. And the whole world is watching and judging, and 'judging the judgement.' I don't think Ben will ever fully live this down and I wonder if it would be easier for him and everyone to start anew elsewhere. I don't know. But I genuinely sympathize with Art Jr. In only his first year as president of this storied sports franchise he has to make arguably the most difficult decisions in it's 80 year history. I wish him the best of luck, wisdom and peace as he confronts these ethical dilemnas.

Re: I feel bad for Art Jr.

I don't feel sorry for him at all, i wish i was a part-owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SteelStallion

On the one hand you have "...he wasn't convicted, he's a rare franchise qb, 26 long yrs between SBs, are you people crazy wanting to get rid of him?!..."

On the other hand you have "...disgusted, humiliated, embarrassed, out of touch with working class Pittsburgh values..."

I'm really torn. I was so psyched when he was drafted, then the SBs and I'm equally disgusted now. For me, personally, the game has to be about more than just winning. And if it's gonna be corrupted and dishonorable to the extreme then I can't follow it or contribute to it's success, much as I love it. And yes I'd take a lesser team with honor and dignity over SBs with embarrassment and humiliation. But that's just me.

It's a no-win, lose-lose, tough situation. And the whole world is watching and judging, and 'judging the judgement.' I don't think Ben will ever fully live this down and I wonder if it would be easier for him and everyone to start anew elsewhere. I don't know. But I genuinely sympathize with Art Jr. In only his first year as president of this storied sports franchise he has to make arguably the most difficult decisions in it's 80 year history. I wish him the best of luck, wisdom and peace as he confronts these ethical dilemnas.
    I don't believe anyone who ever makes a statement like that.

But that's just me.

As for being disgusted, I am disgusted with people who read the tabloid headlines, pass judgment and condemn someone who's not charged with anything.

If all those things happened the way the accuser and her friends said they did then Ben would be in jail. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

But that's just me.

As for being disgusted, I am disgusted with people who read the tabloid headlines, pass judgment and condemn someone who's not charged with anything.

If all those things happened the way the accuser and her friends said they did then Ben would be in jail. Period.

I understand this view. I understand the counter views to "judgement and condemn" and "not charged with anything" which are 'blind exoneration' and 'he came damn close to being charged,'- three times in one year with degenerate cops blocking the door, and Cyril Wecht disputing that DNA enough to verify a human and a male somehow mysteriously could not make a match. However we feel, the situation isn't going away anytime soon, if ever. My take was more what it must be like for Art Jr to contend with something of this magnitude in only his first year. Has there ever been a franchise president who had a tougher issue, let alone in his first year?

Pro Bowler

But that's just me.

I think the whole "lose with honor" thing is a tough line to swallow too. However, I think this is past that. I've never really felt right about James Harrison after the domestic abuse thing. And the only way I'd feel ok about Ben now is if every single little detail about this case were false. I mean EVERYTHING. Regardless, he acted like a fratboy mega-douche, the type which I've steadfastly avoided for going on 10 years now.

I don't know if he can still lead my team (in my mind), but i know for sure he's not allowed anywhere near any female I love...

The prisons would be filled to the roof if you tossed in everyone that ever smacked their chick or got a girl drunk to try to get the booty. I really don't recall the facts of Harrison other than Rooney, sounded like a dumbass about it.
    We can only speculate about Bens troubles or case. If he did do everything we hear about, he's a sad individual. If he is innocent then, he should be screaming he is not the monster everyone is out to make him.
    In any event for those that can't believe some people could or would take the high road over winning then, I'm glad I just only need to deal with yinz on this board. I suppose Belicheat and the Cheatriots did the proper thing and you would enjoy the un-earned SB wins ?

NO DNA

Pro Bowler

But that's just me.

This is not simply about the tabloids. This is about the perception that Ben has place out in the world about himself. It is not a very good image right now. His actions do not come across very well to many people.

Guilty millionaires get off many times. If you don't believe that Ben did anything wrong that is your prerogative. The organization and the league feel differently. After the fact, I believe Ben feels he did something wrong. It appears that Ben will accept the punishment handed down because he acted poorly. Ben will no longer be a Steeler if continues to act like a freshmen in college.

I have kept relatively quiet about this whole ordeal because truth is I have no belief that anyone has the truth on this...the only people that really know is Ben & the girl who were in that bathroom that night.

Let me say the following and be done with it:

1) I am not a Ben hater
    2) I am not a Ben Fan -- I am a Steelers fan and that is all I am

I don't care about the indictment, the potential for Civil action or Ben's eventual vindication. If that happens, I will refer to the first paragraph above....only 2 people really know what truly happened that night.

Morally, it comes down to a 2 letter word. If she uttered at anytime..."No"...then it's Rape. Maybe not from legal statute, but morally.

If those were uttered as she claimed then that is what it is...since I can't prove it I will not claim that it is the fact.

But it is that close from separating what this man is and is not....

Say what you will...I don't care...I know a girl who was raped and tried to commit suicide because of it. If Ben did that I want him gone...since I can't provie it I will not speak of this any further.

But let's just say I won't talk much about his performance moving forward either. If they win, they win as a team and I will be happy. If they lose, they lose as a team and will lament it.

But my days of talking about Ben are over...because I really don't know if that two letter word was or was not uttered and I can't be as open minded as some on the board.
    His football prowess and success seems a lot less important to me anymore and that is sad to me.

brothervad

[quote=_SteeL_CurtaiN_]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":1zxc5rwu
    NO DNA[/quote:1zxc5rwu]

And why is that, do you suppose?